Have we signed Wout Weghorst yet?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

'One of those targets is not thought to be Wolfsburg striker Wout Weghorst though. Reports linked Spurs with a £27million move over the weekend, but football.london understands any such talk is wide of the mark.'

Actually last week I was discussing with my colleague that how many classical target man kind of strikers are around now... then Googled "tallest active strikers in football" - he was among top 5 with 1,97 m.

Seems like a proper beast! Would be exiting to see him in our ranks.

If we want to win a trophy, we need to get this right more than any other issues at any other position, IMO.

Yea... nope.

Defense and midfield is where you win games. And specially in play-off competitions (larger part of EL + FA + Carabao).
Currently center of our field is soft as hell - literally no capable DMs to assist defense, and our best defense is most likely Toby+Sanchez... latter of whom is quite error prone.

I would say that our chances to win something would increase more with say purchases of Skriniar or Gueye as opposed to for example buying WW.

Meh, could just be a lucky guess considering if there was no actual interest he'd definitely be starting the match anyway.

It does make me wonder how close any deal actually is. Why risk him getting injured if it's imminent?
Watching the episode of the Spurs doc last night, all parties agreed to the Eriksen move to Inter yet Mou through him in the next game. I guess it doesn’t always happen the way we think it does.

Don't know anything about this fella but if he is the German league version of Andy Carroll then bring him the fuck in. All we need when we are resting Harry is somebody to bring in our wide players as the goal threats anyway, and maybe get on the end of stuff thrown across. Nothing too fancy required and if it's a good price then why not.

Weghorst clattering into Aubameyang to retrieve the ball and then play it right into the flight-path of Bale and the AFTV meltdown for the next few weeks alone is going to make it worth the 30mil....

Back
Top Bottom