He’s just not into us

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He's a selfish player and a selfish person. His prerogative to be so, but I don't want to see him back at our club. Unless he was willing to take a massive drop in wages, accept a pay-per-play contract and not be the centre of attention (which he won't), then I might change my mind.
Thanks for the memories but let him stay in our history.

It’s a well written article expressing an individuals point of view on the long running subject of Gareth Bale potentially returning to Spurs, nothing more, but most of it I disagree with....
Sure he left us like a sulking child, but equally as delusional as those who think if he did return then the world would be conquered are those who somehow think we have conquered the world as it stands.....
Bale left in search of riches, both financially and in silverware, he achieved both, two things we just couldn’t offer him, and even “now” we couldn’t promise him either, or any world class player for that matter.....
This article started by saying “sell the stadium” or whatever it takes to bring “Bale home” to fuel some kind of sentimental attachment our fans have with him, agreed, this isn’t his home, he walked out years ago, in fact he has no right to ever call it his home, but we could certainly let him crash in the couch if he needed a place to stay......
Discarding a player of Bales quality because of something that happened years ago, something 99% of footballers would all do, is part of the reason we don’t actually win anything these days, we think we have the code cracked time and time again only to realise we haven’t.....

Put a player of Bales quality in our current squad and that can only be a positive, right? I mean how can it be negative? especially as Levy would never allow it to tip the balance on the spread sheet......but some would rather hold a tiny grudge in favour of signing some unheard off they have seen for 3 mins 24 seconds on YouTube......
Aim big ladies and gents, aim big!!

Put a player of Bales quality in our current squad and that can only be a positive, right? I mean how can it be negative? especially as Levy would never allow it to tip the balance on the spread sheet......but some would rather hold a tiny grudge in favour of signing some unheard off they have seen for 3 mins 24 seconds on YouTube......
Aim big ladies and gents, aim big!!
It can very easily be a negative by disrupting team chemistry and by creating a distraction. He's not the type of player that thrives under Poch. He's got no incentive to take a pay cut. He's a guy content with never playing, why do we want someone like that on the team? Poch is all about effort and emotion and a love for the game. As good as Bale can be, it's not a good fit. Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard.

I do find it strange how Bale’s leaving opens him up to so much criticism but Modric and Berbatov are still held in high regar

If anything the club was bit of a shambles post Harry so it makes it easier to understand him wanting to leave. We also got a record transfer fee

Personally I’d take him back in a heartbeat if he was affordable. I can’t see he will ever be good value though taking account of age/injuries

It can very easily be a negative by disrupting team chemistry and by creating a distraction. He's not the type of player that thrives under Poch. He's got no incentive to take a pay cut. He's a guy content with never playing, why do we want someone like that on the team? Poch is all about effort and emotion and a love for the game. As good as Bale can be, it's not a good fit. Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard.
Do we ever stop for a second and think Pochettino is just what Bale needs right about now?
Bale has been quality in Spain, barring Ronaldo probably been Madrid’s best player during his time there, and just because the French twat has taken a dislike to Bale for some reason, Bale is now somehow a lazy git who just wants to play golf........bollocks to that I say!!

As for harmony in the squad I can point fingers at Rose, Eriksen and even Toby in recent times but we seemed to find a way through it, and even Aurier was meant to be satin when we signed him, but all is good, right? and that’s probably down to Pochettino.....

If Bale ever came here again, it would be financially approved by Levy, and I would be more than confident that Poch believes in his management skills to turn Bale into one of the family.

He was obviously an amazing player for us - especially in 2012/2013 -, but we will never see him play for us again and I'm fine with that. We've moved on and so did he, thanks for the memories.

Think it's a bit harsh all the assumed criticism of Bale for only caring about money, not wanting to play, falling out of love with the game etc..
If Madrid is genuinely his dream club.. maybe he just wants to get his head down, with full belief in his own ability to earn his place back in the side?

To suggest he 'wouldn't work' in this Poch side for me is complete nonsense.
He's the kind of player that turns up for big games with the biggest bollocks - and wins things.
My god we have needed that at times.

The annual pining of Spurs supporters over Bale is, bluntly, pathetic.

His leaving wasn't particularly acrimonious and we definitely got the better of the bargain. I'd have him back if he'd accept a wage Levy would pay, but I wouldn't think we'd got a world beater. He never really quite was, and now he's only occasionally able to play.

Mostly I can't wait until he retires so that we can get through a summer without having to read all this pointless shite.

Do we ever stop for a second and think Pochettino is just what Bale needs right about now?
Bale has been quality in Spain, barring Ronaldo probably been Madrid’s best player during his time there, and just because the French twat has taken a dislike to Bale for some reason, Bale is now somehow a lazy git who just wants to play golf........bollocks to that I say!!

As for harmony in the squad I can point fingers at Rose, Eriksen and even Toby in recent times but we seemed to find a way through it, and even Aurier was meant to be satin when we signed him, but all is good, right? and that’s probably down to Pochettino.....

If Bale ever came here again, it would be financially approved by Levy, and I would be more than confident that Poch believes in his management skills to turn Bale into one of the family.

No. He’s had big moments but hasn’t had a good run of form in nearly three years. He scored 8 goals in La Liga last season, that’s horrible.

In the last 3 seasons since signing that mega deal. Bale never at any point fully established himself as a leading light or an undroppable. Which is why they want him out.

We need to let this go... Gareth Bale isn’t the only player in the world. We’ve seen the best of him, both at Spurs and Madrid. If you want a left footed wide forward who’d cost a shedload, I’d much rather the club went after a Leroy Sane or a Nicolas Pepe.

Also I find it hilarious that people show so much emotional attachment to him when he clearly shows none to us... Who congratulated us after we reached the CL final? Berbatov did, Modric did, Van der Vaart did, hell even Cesc bleedin’ Fabregas did. Bale? nothing Nada. Zero. He don’t love us like that!

He was the highest paid player when he left because he was clearly the best we had, he wouldn’t be anymore to justify those wages.

If Levy was dumb enough to re-sign Bale, I could only see what happened to Robbie Keane in his 2nd spell here.

Just to clear matters up.

Bale did not leave the club under poor terms. Real Madrid were negotiating the transfer for more than 1 year and an offer was on the table the season before but Bale chose to stay 1 more year at Spurs and put in the performance of a life team - which by all accounts bumped up his transfer fee and wage demands considerably. This caused the relationship with Madrid to sour as they ended up paying more than they wanted.

There is so much BS in this article, you should be ashamed of posting this trash without having a clue what went on behind the scenes and showing how ungrateful you are. We all have a go at players who want to leave but if we were offered a better job where you can earn 3-5 times of what we re earning right now, we would all change jobs. Bale gave us a whole year when the offer from Real was alrdy on the table. The exclusion from training etc wasn t his choosing. I m not convinced we should try and get him back but what he s done for us in his last 3 seasons with us was phenomenal and I ll always cherish the moments of happiness he brought us all

What is clear is that Bale and his agent don't want to leave Real - he is being forced out. Likelihood is that Zidane has a number of player targets, and cannot get those until some money is freed up from the wage bill. I am sure he values Bale as a player; but knows that for that money he could have 3 quality players to help rebuild the squad.

Any buying club and Bale seems to hold the cards here. Of course, no club will pay his buyout clause (400+m), so if Madrid want him gone, they will need to pay out the remainder of his contract - thought to be 50-60m or sell him to a club that he wants to join (i.e. someone who will match his salary).

For what its worth, Llorente cost us 26m for 2 years (100k a week + 15m transfer fee). Thats about 250k a week all up.

How much more do you think Bale is worth? If a loan or free transfer - 350k a week would be an absolute bargain.

He's a selfish player and a selfish person. His prerogative to be so, but I don't want to see him back at our club. Unless he was willing to take a massive drop in wages, accept a pay-per-play contract and not be the centre of attention (which he won't), then I might change my mind.
Thanks for the memories but let him stay in our history.
Well said Mrs P, why tarnish a great memory.

Back
Top Bottom