He’s just not into us

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

There is so much BS in this article, you should be ashamed of posting this trash without having a clue what went on behind the scenes and showing how ungrateful you are. We all have a go at players who want to leave but if we were offered a better job where you can earn 3-5 times of what we re earning right now, we would all change jobs. Bale gave us a whole year when the offer from Real was alrdy on the table. The exclusion from training etc wasn t his choosing. I m not convinced we should try and get him back but what he s done for us in his last 3 seasons with us was phenomenal and I ll always cherish the moments of happiness he brought us all
Did you tear up as you typed this up?

I think there's 2 distinct points here.

I am still confident that Bale could come back and do a very good job for spurs. However he'd not be as good as the first time around and he'd not be as reliable.

I think he's been a bit broken by his Real experience, I think he wanted to take Ronald's mantle and so did Real, it just t didn't happen and now he's resented for the huge contract he has and that preventing Real from bringing in new players. For Bale and Real to each of them, neither have really met the other's expectations.

The more salient point is that Spurs could not afford to pay nearly 3 times more for Bale than any other of the existing squad, can you imagine what the cost of making the rest of the squad have parity? (the Alexis Sanchez effect) It would be immense and unsustainable.

Very high value players have a huge amount to live up to and in honesty I'm not sure that Bale can and even if he could for Spurs it would break us.

For Bale and Real to each of them, neither have really met the other's expectations.

Real hadn't won the champions league for 12 years before Bale joined. WIth him; they won it 4 times in 6 years; making significant contributions in 3 of the finals.

2014 - got the goal that gave them the lead
2015 - got the assist on the goal
2016 - played only 15 mins
2018 - 2 goals. Won the game.

Its also worth noting that Bale has missed the same number of games through injury as Kane over the past couple of seasons. Both missed 23 games.

Do we ever stop for a second and think Pochettino is just what Bale needs right about now?
Bale has been quality in Spain, barring Ronaldo probably been Madrid’s best player during his time there, and just because the French twat has taken a dislike to Bale for some reason, Bale is now somehow a lazy git who just wants to play golf........bollocks to that I say!!

As for harmony in the squad I can point fingers at Rose, Eriksen and even Toby in recent times but we seemed to find a way through it, and even Aurier was meant to be satin when we signed him, but all is good, right? and that’s probably down to Pochettino.....

If Bale ever came here again, it would be financially approved by Levy, and I would be more than confident that Poch believes in his management skills to turn Bale into one of the family.
What Bale “needs” and what Bale “wants” could be two different things. Ever stop to think a guy his age with his resume might think rules on training don’t apply to him? How does that help the squad?

Bottom line: sure it “could” work. But the point you made that I think it off base was the question of how it could [possibly] be a negative.

It could work, but most of the evidence suggests it wouldn’t. We’d be asking Bale (of all people) to be something be isn’t.

Why are some posters so hung up about the money? We have Levy negotiating and so Bale and everyone else will not come unless Levy decides the club can afford it. Poch will speak to any player before any agreement and if he is not happy then the player will not join us.
I believe Bale would improve the team but just cannot see Levy being able to agree any deal acceptable to him, RM and Bale.

Its not about what bale wants or how much its going to cost blah blah blah.. the team/club he left is an entirly different entity now.. could he fit into the team ethic which poch has instilled on the club after being a galactico!.. imho its simple... no .

He's a selfish player and a selfish person. His prerogative to be so, but I don't want to see him back at our club. Unless he was willing to take a massive drop in wages, accept a pay-per-play contract and not be the centre of attention (which he won't), then I might change my mind.
Thanks for the memories but let him stay in our history.
That's how i see it.If he came back,he could add a winners outlook to a lot of our players.but he would have to realise he isn't the main man ,like he was. As you said,it isn't going to happen.

It’s a well written article expressing an individuals point of view on the long running subject of Gareth Bale potentially returning to Spurs, nothing more, but most of it I disagree with....
Sure he left us like a sulking child, but equally as delusional as those who think if he did return then the world would be conquered are those who somehow think we have conquered the world as it stands.....
Bale left in search of riches, both financially and in silverware, he achieved both, two things we just couldn’t offer him, and even “now” we couldn’t promise him either, or any world class player for that matter.....
This article started by saying “sell the stadium” or whatever it takes to bring “Bale home” to fuel some kind of sentimental attachment our fans have with him, agreed, this isn’t his home, he walked out years ago, in fact he has no right to ever call it his home, but we could certainly let him crash in the couch if he needed a place to stay......
Discarding a player of Bales quality because of something that happened years ago, something 99% of footballers would all do, is part of the reason we don’t actually win anything these days, we think we have the code cracked time and time again only to realise we haven’t.....

Put a player of Bales quality in our current squad and that can only be a positive, right? I mean how can it be negative? especially as Levy would never allow it to tip the balance on the spread sheet......but some would rather hold a tiny grudge in favour of signing some unheard off they have seen for 3 mins 24 seconds on YouTube......
Aim big ladies and gents, aim big!!
He even fucking trained when he wanted to!!! Seriously does that sound like a player that’s going to get anywhere near this team?

Anyway, total and utter waste of time, we aren’t paying a player £600k per week!!!!

He even fucking trained when he wanted to!!! Seriously does that sound like a player that’s going to get anywhere near this team?

Anyway, total and utter waste of time, we aren’t paying a player £600k per week!!!!
Who said anything about paying him 600k?

The whole point of this debate is “if we could get him why would we not” so in order for that to happen, yes, there would have to be some row of ducks to fall in place, wages being the number 1 I’d suspect, but that doesn’t take away from the fact that if it was “possible” to bring him here we would be mad not to consider it.....

Will it happen? Nope!

Who said anything about paying him 600k?

The whole point of this debate is “if we could get him why would we not” so in order for that to happen, yes, there would have to be some row of ducks to fall in place, wages being the number 1 I’d suspect, but that doesn’t take away from the fact that if it was “possible” to bring him here we would be mad not to consider it.....

Will it happen? Nope!
HE TRAINED ONLY WHEN HE WANTED TO.

I don't know about that, if Bale was viable I'm sure Poch would have him in a heartbeat his record in LA Liga is fantastic.

It's not viable.

I don't know about that, if Bale was viable I'm sure Poch would have him in a heartbeat his record in LA Liga is fantastic.

It's not viable.

He really isn’t a Poch player. He trains when he wants, during a game he wouldn’t track back and he doesn’t press. At the end of a game he would wait for the team to go into the tunnel and then start his solo laps of the pitch.

He was/is a great player but I can’t see him fitting in with this team at all.

Back
Top Bottom