Head to Head Statistics

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

A good friend of mine told me that a West Ham fan he knows has been arguing over the fact Rose got in the England squad over Cresswell. He asked me to compile some stats and I thought I would share them with you... Rose all day long !

Whilst I was there I also had to do one for Kane v Vardy.

Let me know what you think and if you want to see some stats from some other players, and I should be able to do it.

Rose_Cresswell_fw.png

Kane_Vardy_fw.png

Agree Rose all the way, I doubt, you'll find anyone here who disagrees. But own goals, offsides, dispossed, and bad control should probably be the other way around in terms of green/red

Cresswell is a good full back. Probably should be in the England squad based on this season.

Rose though, is better.

Defensive stats are tricky. Defending is a team action, so narrowing things down to one individual's actions can be an incomplete picture. Also, since a lot of good defending is positioning, a lot of actions like tackles or blocks can be a sign of bad defending, since if you were really good, you might never have needed to take the action in the first place.

I don't think it matters either way. Rose has been excellent for us, in the role that Pochettino asks of him. And Hodgeson has said he doesn't care about statistics, he relies exclusively on the eye test.

Back
Top Bottom