Heung-Min Son (손흥민)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Great player. An even better guy. But not at the same level as quite a few in his position. He would be so much better in a better side than ourselves though, goes without saying.

As good as Salah they said...

I like Sonny, when he's hot he is really hot. But he's gone cold now, it shows. He'll come good again though.

But that's why he isn't -- and never will be imo -- a 20 league goal per season player.

He's not on Salah's level but at his best he's not too far from it. It shouldn't be forgotten or ignored than Salah plays in a far better team that actually creates plenty of chances for him in your average game. Son would genuinely look world-class for Liverpool under Klopp, and not just sometimes.

As good as Salah they said...

I like Sonny, when he's hot he is really hot. But he's gone cold now, it shows. He'll come good again though.

But that's why he isn't -- and never will be imo -- a 20 league goal per season player.

Son has always been inconsistent as a winger. winger is not his best position imo.

I still think he can be a world class player if he plays CF permanently. stats prove how productive Son is as a CF, and he had good run as a CF beginning of the season.

Never been world class or truly elite.

Time to stop overrating him and start seeing him as he is.

Never been on the level of the Mbappes, Salah's of the world.

Not close.

Still our best attacker but time to get real about him.
Not interested in discussions about labels, ie what is 'truly elite.'

I do think him and Salah were close in recent seasons; simply because Salah used to miss a lot of sitters, and Son's goal-xG ratio (ie clinical finishing) was by far the best in Europe.
However, this season Salah has gone leaps above him; in fact I think Salah is the best in the world atm.

I do think him and Salah were close in recent seasons; simply because Salah used to miss a lot of sitters, and Son's goal-xG ratio (ie clinical finishing) was by far the best in Europe.
However, this season Salah has gone leaps above him; in fact I think Salah is the best in the world atm.
Iron Man Reaction GIF

Not produced anything that could be remotely considered good form since the start of last season. The last great moment I remember from him was Woolwich at home last year.

Not produced anything that could be remotely considered good form since the start of last season. The last great moment I remember from him was Woolwich at home last year.
His game has completely changed under Jose / Nuno.

What happened to that player that was so direct and would actually run at players with intent during the later years under Poch.

That player is completely gone.

He's turned into a pussy that waits for shit to happen around him more often than not.

His game has completely changed under Jose / Nuno.

What happened to that player that was so direct and would actually run at players with intent during the later years under Poch.

That player is completely gone.

He's turned into a pussy that waits for shit to happen around him more often than not.
I look back at how he used to play and look at a player now that either loses the ball or receives it and passes it back. That goal vs Woolwich was absolutely world class where has that guy gone.

He's never been anywhere close to Salah. The only thing he is better than Salah at is finishing. When it comes to any other part of being a forward in modern football, Salah is an infinitely more dangerous player. Every time Salah runs at a defender they shit themselves because he's so fucking agile, so strong on the ball and can just slip away from defenders. That's what makes him elite.

Son is very quick, a world class finisher, and the rest of his game is pretty average.

He's not on Salah's level but at his best he's not too far from it. It shouldn't be forgotten or ignored than Salah plays in a far better team that actually creates plenty of chances for him in your average game. Son would genuinely look world-class for Liverpool under Klopp, and not just sometimes.

Can't stand the fucker, but for the reasons you vaguely touched upon, Salah is on another level thanks to his passing/creative ability.....

I look back at how he used to play and look at a player now that either loses the ball or receives it and passes it back. That goal vs Woolwich was absolutely world class where has that guy gone.

"That guy" comes and goes every season mate.

Yeah .. this really isn't a new thing. Last season he was incredible for that purple patch then went completely missing for a load of games. The problem is Salah will always be dangerous in games because of his insane physical attributes, Son is nowhere near as dangerous aside from in 1 on 1 situations.

Inconsistent player, probably always will be. Sometimes everything he hits goes in, other times he does nothing for a long run.

It's a different game if he finishes one of those two chances he had, albeit the second one may have offside.

Ronaldo and Son are on opposite ends of the xG charts, but I think Ronaldo scores best chances that Son had today.

I agree I've always maintained he's patchy but although he's scored since that amazing run the start of last season his general play has been horrible ever since. I don't even think he's had a decent patch of form in what is coming on a full season now.

Back
Top Bottom