Heung-Min Son (손흥민)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Again it's OK if someone is posting only because in support of Son and not necessarily for the club. Fans who fall into this category generally would want to see the club succeed as well. Do you also want them not to attend our games/buy merchandises/promote player/club? As long as they are not spamming/trolling try not to be annoyed by it.

Think about how someone becomes a club supporter. A connection/starting point has to be made somewhere especially if that person is not from the city let alone same country. The more you watch and follow a club there's a greater chance you will become attached to the club and eventually become a supporter especially if they don't currently have a club that they support. If their fav player leave will they stop supporting the club? Sure that can happen obviously but they could also remain a fan of the club don't you agree?

How do you think South Korea has huge Man Utd followers? Even after Park Ji Sung retired if you ask many of them they would still to this day Man Utd is their club of choice.

I'm not saying they don't exist at other clubs, of course they do. Doesn't mean I have to be fine with it though. Just as I'm sure Luvf doesn't give much of a crap what I think.

It wouldn't even bother me, other than the fact that in general Son supporters think he's a living God and will blame anyone and anything else when he plays crap and is called out for it.

I'm not saying they don't exist at other clubs, of course they do. Doesn't mean I have to be fine with it though. Just as I'm sure Luvf doesn't give much of a crap what I think.

It wouldn't even bother me, other than the fact that in general Son supporters think he's a living God and will blame anyone and anything else when he plays crap and is called out for it.
I get what you're saying but honestly I'm not getting the same vibe on this forum as you are. I believe he's getting his fair share of criticism and in support of from the posters in general. If you're one of very few top players at the club along with Kane and have been producing every year for the club then people tend to be little more forgiving/patient. IMO not much different from how Kane's being treated until what happened past summer.

I get what you're saying but honestly I'm not getting the same vibe on this forum as you are.

With all due respect you joined 2 weeks ago.

Regardless of your "vibe", certain posters exhibit the exact behavior that Beech Beech describes.

......Those in question don't want what's best for Spurs; they want what's best for Son. (Many of us have fave players on our team, but that's not what this is.)

......And no; for that very reason you can't say the same about Kane.

It's totally OK for members to choose what to post about. What does it matter if someone wants to focus on certain players more so than other players/club? We all have favorite players. In the end it's Spurs related and can't see why having more posts and engaging in healthy discussions would be a bad thing 😀

Nobody disagrees with this and if the posts were all Son positive I doubt you would see much of a problem.

The issue comes with posters like luvf and others that a. run down the club and other players, Kane in particular, because they think if they do so it will make Son better and b. constantly cry when any legitimate criticism is made about Son or everyone doesn't think he is the greatest player to ever play the game.

Whenever these conversations come up it is always the same thing, being a Son fan and only Son fan is fine. Being a Son fan and crying about non-existent racism isn't fine, being a Son fan and running down the club and its players to boost Son is not fine and being a Son fan and crying that others are not as big a Son fan as you is not fine.

Maybe it will happen with other players in the future but I have never seen a fan base that acts like the Son fanbois, it is really odd how they can't just be fans of him but have to try and crap on other players and other fans all the time.

Of course you have.

Reaction GIF

To be fair to him he has posted lots of criticism of Kane which I guess you could classify as posting about Spurs.

Nobody disagrees with this and if the posts were all Son positive I doubt you would see much of a problem.

The issue comes with posters like luvf and others that a. run down the club and other players, Kane in particular, because they think if they do so it will make Son better and b. constantly cry when any legitimate criticism is made about Son or everyone doesn't think he is the greatest player to ever play the game.

Whenever these conversations come up it is always the same thing, being a Son fan and only Son fan is fine. Being a Son fan and crying about non-existent racism isn't fine, being a Son fan and running down the club and its players to boost Son is not fine and being a Son fan and crying that others are not as big a Son fan as you is not fine.

Maybe it will happen with other players in the future but I have never seen a fan base that acts like the Son fanbois, it is really odd how they can't just be fans of him but have to try and crap on other players and other fans all the time.
What you say makes sense and I'm in agreemtent 100%. No one wants to see postings with an agenda to put down the club/player to promote their fav player.

I just want to point out that why Son fanois act this way is becuase South Korea as a nation produces very few players that can play for a top league and for that matter a top quality player such as Son. It's their national pride to have a player like Son playing for a club like Spurs. It's akin to finding a magical unicorn. It would be no different if any other nation that's in the same situation. If South Korea or any nation regularly produced players playing for a top league then their fans would be a lot less cult like.

Fanbois do and act what fanbois do except in Son's case it's their national pride and joy that pushes them to be much more irrational. Some will eventually think rationally but it's a slow process and takes time.

With all due respect you joined 2 weeks ago.

Regardless of your "vibe", certain posters exhibit the exact behavior that Beech Beech describes.

......Those in question don't want what's best for Spurs; they want what's best for Son. (Many of us have fave players on our team, but that's not what this is.)

......And no; for that very reason you can't say the same about Kane.
Yep just recently joined and started posting. However, I've been lurking on this forum for about a year and a half so what I read goes as far back around same time.

Yep just recently joined and started posting. However, I've been lurking on this forum for about a year and a half so what I read goes as far back around same time.

Did you notice the amount of times people get called racist for criticising Son in this thread? :sonhmm:

Wow a page that could be summed up in two words

Complete garbage 😄

Did you notice the amount of times people get called racist for criticising Son in this thread? :sonhmm:
In my time here I can recall about a couple of times. I believe tylerB was called that once. I strongly disagree with calling someone racists simply becuase that someone doesn't agree with your opinions and it happens the subject happens to be from a different country/color. It's too convenient. Calling someone a racists without definite certainty can be ust as harmful as being a victim of real racism.

In my time here I can recall about a couple of times. I believe tylerB was called that once. I strongly disagree with calling someone racists simply becuase that someone doesn't agree with your opinions and it happens the subject happens to be from a different country/color. It's too convenient. Calling someone a racists without definite certainty can be ust as harmful as being a victim of real racism.
No it's not as bad as being the victim of real racism. It's unjust but that it a false equivalence.

are you ndombele by any chance, just going by the user name

Haven't read all the bickering back and forth but if anyone is trying to defend Son after missing those sitters, you need to stop. He needs to fcking finish those. I'm still fuming about how we missed all those sitters yesterday. I counted at least 6.

Haven't read all the bickering back and forth but if anyone is trying to defend Son after missing those sitters, you need to stop. He needs to fcking finish those. I'm still fuming about how we missed all those sitters yesterday. I counted at least 6.

Blimey now look who is exaggerating. He had like maybe 3 chances and scored 1 of them. That cross from Kane which he didn't connect with correctly, the one where he was offside and tried to take it around the keeper, and the one he scored. I can't really remember any other obvious chances.. but it surely wasn't 6.

Blimey now look who is exaggerating. He had like maybe 3 chances and scored 1 of them. That cross from Kane which he didn't connect with correctly, the one where he was offside and tried to take it around the keeper, and the one he scored. I can't really remember any other obvious chances.. but it surely wasn't 6.
6 in total for the team

Son had maybe 2 sitters missed

Should have made that clear

There's a big difference between criticising Sonny & making direct racist comments. I have borne the brunt of the latter and the mods did NADA! In fact, I copped a suspension....go figure aye?! For instance, I clearly remember an example whereby I wasn't called Australian by TimotheeAtouba, because I don't have an Anglo background but was born in Australia and have lived here practically my whole life. If I got called up to the Army, I would fight for Australia!

Back
Top Bottom