Heung-Min Son (손흥민)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Personally he was done dirty by Poch yesterday. I don’t blame him for much of the defensive issues and thought he was more of a threat by stretching their back line than Lucas was

Personally he was done dirty by Poch yesterday. I don’t blame him for much of the defensive issues and thought he was more of a threat by stretching their back line than Lucas was

It was ok Poch subing him even though I'd have made a different change. I think though Son is the kind of player who in those circumstances will take it personally and feel ashamed by it. You could see he was upset. So I hope Poch gives him some reassurance.

It was ok Poch subing him even though I'd have made a different change. I think though Son is the kind of player who in those circumstances will take it personally and feel ashamed by it. You could see he was upset. So I hope Poch gives him some reassurance.
Its always a little embarassing when a sub is subbed. Probably why he was upset. If he had started, maybe it wouldnt have affected him as much.

Edit: just saw someone else mention something similar..

Yes, that is absolutely what it is about. But normally a sub is subbed because they come on and play so bad that the manager hooks them off. In this case though, I don't think that was why, it was just a tactical thing because of the way the game had progressed.

Son did his job he was abruptly called in for, made the team go, in on both goals etc. He was probably pissed off for the sub because he felt like there was a goal coming for him too. I’ve seen stranger Subbing of Son by Poch many times before. This one seems rather solid compared to them and if you can look past the stigma of a player subbed in then out on the same game, no big deal. I would think the possibility of Son getting injured at this juncture would freak Poch out.

Hasn't it already long been established that Sonny, due to not finishing high school, would not have had to serve in the military, but instead in a civil capacity? Why do so many keep talking about him avoiding military service? :sonhmm:

I think we agreed to this when letting him go for the asian games, not common sense but good negotiations.

Yes good negotiation, I think I remember it too. It is a total twilight zone though when it comes to the Korean football association and anything they do. I had to believe only when I saw it. At any rate, I was glad to see Sonny off their official list for this run.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom