Heung-Min Son (손흥민)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He is world class. He doesn’t get as easy recognition because South Korea are not seen as a big football nation. If Son was English for instance there would be no question.

Does this theory also count against Egyptians? ....Or are they a "big footballing nation"?

Does this theory also count against Egyptians? ....Or are they a "big footballing nation"?
That’s a good argument. But I still think it is a factor. Maybe if Son was winning the league and CL it would not hold him back, as with Salah. No one is used to a Korean being worth their attention in football. Same with Egypt. It does I think mean you have to achieve more than someone similarly good from say England before you are recognized.

That’s a good argument. But I still think it is a factor. Maybe if Son was winning the league and CL it would not hold him back, as with Salah. No one is used to a Korean being worth their attention in football. Same with Egypt. It does I think mean you have to achieve more than someone similarly good from say England before you are recognized.

So it's about exposure more than nationality then?

How many non-Spurs fans have heralded Dire & Davies for their contribution to our season last year?

On the flipside, despite KDB being Belgian (and Hazard before him) he still gets worldwide acclaim; so why don't more non-Spurs rank Dembele as having been the unique talent that most of us do?

If I was his father I'd be more concerned about who knocked up my misses 30 years ago
So, you know it was 30 years ago... ...very interesting...

giphy.gif

Back
Top Bottom