Heung-Min Son (손흥민)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Son, "without teammates I'm nothing"
I think he means it.
This guy gives me Cucci bops

Such a great team player, yet he's also added just a touch of self-belief, I wouldn't want to call it arrogance, to his game this season which has made him a better player. I think it's also worth remembering that as good as Kane is he doesn't get the most out of Son because Kane will always shoot rather than pass. It's a very one way relationship if you look at the stats. I think Son will thrive over the next few games being the main man.

They said on one of the podcasts that if they win the Asia Cup then every single South Korean International player becomes exempt from national service regardless of whether they played.

“KATUSA (Korean Augmentation To the United States Army) is a program between the US and the Republic of Korea that soldiers with good English skills may apply for. It's considered softer than regular soldier life because soldiers in the KATUSA don't report during weekends and are even allowed to go home at night.”

Weekends and nights, that about covers all matches right? :levyeyes:

Such a great team player, yet he's also added just a touch of self-belief, I wouldn't want to call it arrogance, to his game this season which has made him a better player. I think it's also worth remembering that as good as Kane is he doesn't get the most out of Son because Kane will always shoot rather than pass. It's a very one way relationship if you look at the stats. I think Son will thrive over the next few games being the main man.
Good point. In a way we all don't get most out of Son or the team bc of Kane. But I guess it flies as long as people are happy seeing Kane do well and club shows progress? I think that's why it stirred so much when Pep called Spurs Hary Kane team early this season. HK such a down to earth young fellow its hard not to like him. But I wonder for the 3rd season now how it would have been if the team passed more freely each other including Kane.

They said on one of the podcasts that if they win the Asia Cup then every single South Korean International player becomes exempt from national service regardless of whether they played.

And they are stupid liars who dont know shit. They can get exempt only from winning ASIAN GAMES, not Asian Cup or winning a medal in Olympics. And no, players need to play to get exempt (Ex: One of Korean players actually got subbed in at the very last min so he could get exemption during bronze medal match in London Olympics).

All these articles/podcasts are so fking retarded. Havent seen a single one that actually tells the facts.

Last edited:
cQ5Hu3K.jpg

Fuck VAR.

Good swift put today for a fantastic team victory. Good time to give a quick call to HK ask how hes doing with the ankle, and also ask for an advice for days when you worked your butt off but everyone around scored except you. two sides of a coin always :eriksenlol:

I was appalled watching that get disallowed, such a majestic goal.
VAR is bullshit, as its still up to humans and their fucking interpretation (bias).
2 minutes that took and they still got it wrong ffs.
Glad this didn't have any bearing on the result, but disappointed for Sonny who deserved that.

I was appalled watching that get disallowed, such a majestic goal.
VAR is bullshit, as its still up to humans and their fucking interpretation (bias).
2 minutes that took and they still got it wrong ffs.
Glad this didn't have any bearing on the result, but disappointed for Sonny who deserved that.

It's a big issue .... the ref had already blown for offside, as given by the linesman, before Sonny tucked it away .... so even if the 'offside' was overturned by VAR he couldn't have given the goal as the whistle 100% stops play ... in fact I've no idea what he could have done in that case, drop ball? anyone know?

Son was able to reach where he is now bc of his father. He got personal training from his father every single day.

What Son's father says in the beginning:
"You cant achieve anything without effort. I want to sleep more as well, but you need to know that there's no future for you if you dont invest in yourself now."

Apparently, during that time, Son slacked off a little bit when his father wasnt around.

Son cant complain bc his father does the training all along with him from the beginning.

Last edited:
It's a big issue .... the ref had already blown for offside, as given by the linesman, before Sonny tucked it away .... so even if the 'offside' was overturned by VAR he couldn't have given the goal as the whistle 100% stops play ... in fact I've no idea what he could have done in that case, drop ball? anyone know?

Aah it was hard to tell on the crap stream I was on, it seemed like Sonny scored but then the ref ruled it offside afterwards, and then they prevented the restart until VAR had been checked. I was celebrating until I saw and got that sinking feeling. Not seen a decent clips of it yet.
I didn't realize ref blew up before Sonny finished, but going to VAR must mean he then has the power to reverse decisions, otherwise why waste the time? VAR is confusing everything. If I remember correctly the commentators were hinting the goal could be given, so it seems many people don't know whats going on.
If they had just flagged it it would be fine, it happens. But going to VAR and then still making him as offside seems odd to me, and as you say what the fuck would they have given us had they ruled onside? Maybe he realized this and that is why he upheld the original ruling?

I think that was the point... he DIDN'T blue the whistle until it was in...
The Lino on the other hand DID have his flag up as soon as Sonny touched it, and in that case, could be deemed a distraction for BOTH the attacking player And the goalie.

Cracking finish mind! Annoying that it didn't count.

Back
Top Bottom