Heung-Min Son (손흥민)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Couldve scored both, should have scored at least one, but I concur the rest that would rather see him sharp in front of goal on Sunday.

It happens, even a much better and more consistent player like Messi misses a sitter every now and then so let's not blame one of our own players too much for doing so (it's not that he fucked up those chances on purpose), let's move on to Sunday, as I said a way more important match.

Last edited:
He goes from scoring the goal of the year to completely screwing up a 1x1 opportunity with the keeper at the end of the game. I know the game was completely meaningless but can't do that if he wants to be considered a top class attacker. Really inconsistent in terms of finishing - needs to do better.
He needs to learn how to chip the keeper.

Last edited:
Yes, I think Son could get 30+ goals a season. He's not in the same class as Harry in terms of finishing/being clinical in front of the goal - that is obvious. I think Son is frustratingly inconsistent in front of the goal and Kane is one of the best if not the best when given a chance.

The difference is that Son creates a lot of opportunities for himself from seemingly nothing and can use his pace to get into more goal scoring/counter attacking situations that most players in the world can't so he gets more goal scoring looks and opportunities than Kane. So this makes up for his inability to be clinical in front of the goal.

Every footballer misses big opportunities, it's the nature of the game. I do think Sonny has been a little erratic in the past but I see him continuously taking his game to new levels. I still don't think he'll be the all round striker Harry is though. Harry is a far smarter striker than you think and give him credit for. He holds the ball so well and his timing in bringing others into play is impeccable. Still, each to their own and all that, having a debate about it can only be a god thing for the club as it means we have two top players.

Couldve scored both, should have scored at least one, but I concur the rest that would rather see him sharp in front of goal on Sunday. But the question still is who are the 5-8 wingers in the PL that would have scored both today on what was 5th game played in 14 day span?

It's not really a matter of comparing him to the other wingers in the league. It's really just a discussion of what he can do to get better. Whether the game mattered or not, he should have scored at least one goal today. He's extremely talented don't get me wrong but he's not very refined, efficient or clinical. If you watch his game, there are a lot of aspects about his game that's relatively raw. There's more room for improvement and finishing is on the top of that list.

Every footballer misses big opportunities, it's the nature of the game. I do think Sonny has been a little erratic in the past but I see him continuously taking his game to new levels. I still don't think he'll be the all round striker Harry is though. Harry is a far smarter striker than you think and give him credit for. He holds the ball so well and his timing in bringing others into play is impeccable. Still, each to their own and all that, having a debate about it can only be a god thing for the club as it means we have two top players.

I agree with that. Harry's my guy up top right now but I think that Son could get to 30 goals a season if he was given a proper shot at it. Not saying that we should, but I think he has the potential to. That's all.

Yes, I think Son could get 30+ goals a season. He's not in the same class as Harry in terms of finishing/being clinical in front of the goal - that is obvious. I think Son is frustratingly inconsistent in front of the goal and Kane is one of the best if not the best when given a chance.

The difference is that Son creates a lot of opportunities for himself from seemingly nothing and can use his pace to get into more goal scoring/counter attacking situations that most players in the world can't so he gets more goal scoring looks and opportunities than Kane. So this makes up for his inability to be clinical in front of the goal.
you really need to stop posting until you have a modicum of understanding of the game

Kane creates many chances for himself and his team and bullies alot of defenders which creates chances for Son to go Flash mode. You can say he can get 30+ when he actually does it.
I think he is currently the best player in our team but there is a reason why he is a winger and not a striker.

He scored some amazing goal playing as RWF with his left foot. I wish Jose moves him around sometimes. He's more dangerous and unpredictable when he has freedom to move around. His ability to use both feet makes defenders difficult to predict his move, hence difficult to defend.
Goal looks similar to the Leicester Goal from last season.

Figured out who Kevin83 Kevin83 was all along....he's Adrian Durham!!

Is he part of Jose's plans ? Is that even a question ? FMD...

What else is new, that clown spewing some stupid shit to get a reaction and web hits :mourbye:

Kane creates many chances for himself and his team and bullies alot of defenders which creates chances for Son to go Flash mode. You can say he can get 30+ when he actually does it.
I think he is currently the best player in our team but there is a reason why he is a winger and not a striker.

you need to take penalties for a shot at getting to 30+ goals

Back
Top Bottom