Heung-Min Son (손흥민)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Was just thinking about Son's goal from running around the halway line and found more:

Son has scored from running from our own half before...

vs Tranmere in the FA Cup:

He also did it vs Leicester in the Prem last season:

Just after the halfway line vs Bournemouth in the Prem a couple of season ago:

Also he almost did it vs Chelsea in the Premier League, but he ran on to the through ball from Dele.. so would probably count as after the halfway line:

Also a very nice assist from running from the edge of his box in the bundesliga:

There are also a number of other goals I think in the bundesliga from running around the halfway line.. just don't have time to find them : )

Was just thinking about Son's goal from running around the halway line and found more:

Son has scored from running from our own half before...

vs Tranmere in the FA Cup:

He also did it vs Leicester in the Prem last season:

Just after the halfway line vs Bournemouth in the Prem a couple of season ago:

Also he almost did it vs Chelsea in the Premier League, but he ran on to the through ball from Dele.. so would probably count as after the halfway line:

Also a very nice assist from running from the edge of his box in the bundesliga:

There are also a number of other goals I think in the bundesliga from running around the halfway line.. just don't have time to find them : )

A few from his early Hamburg days:

2nd goal of a hattrick scored against former club hamburg nice run past 2 defenders and the keeper:

Last edited:
I heard that were going to see more of these 50 plus yard sprinting goals from Son now since he would be playing in more as wingback. I didn't know what to say to him Fuck off? Good bad Funny not funny or what

Found an article that is about a year old, that essentially confirms Son is the footballer most comfortable on their weaker foot in the entire PL.

Troy Deeney is the most one-footed striker in the EPL: 126 of his 132 shots (95%) in the last four seasons were taken with his right foot. Manolo Gabbiadini (who is left footed) and Alexis Sanchez (right) are also extremely one-footed, both taking over 90% of their shots with their preferred foot. Sanchez has not taken a single shots with his left foot from outside the area in the last four years, which seems surprising for a player of his quality.

At the other end of the spectrum we have Heung-Min Son and Pedro, both of whom take (and score) more than 40% of shots with their so-called weaker feet. Indeed, transfermarkt list both players as having no preferred foot -- I assume that they are right-footed because they both take penalties with that foot. Son is the only player shown in Figure 1 that is equally comfortable shooting with either foot from range: 43 of his 92 shots (47%) from outside the penalty area since the 2014/15 season have been on his 'weaker' left foot. He is the most two-footed attacking player currently playing in the Premier League.

shots_vs_goals.png

Link to the full article which is a very interesting read:

NOT BUYING HIS FAKE ASS NICE GUY PERSONA ANYMORE - THE GUY HAS BEEN ACTING LIKE A SOCIOPATH. WAS THE INSTIGATOR IN THE GOMES INJURY, APOLOGIZES (FAKE) ON CAMERA FOR EVERYONE TO SEE, THEN LASHES OUT AGAIN A FEW WEEKS LATER. HE'S A FANTASTIC PLAYER AND I HOPE HE PROVES ME WRONG, BUT THE GUY IS GETTING WAY OVER HIS HEAD WITH HIS BAD ATTITUDE AND GELLED UP KPOP BOY BAND HAIR. HE THINKS HE'S BETTER/COOLER THAN HE ACTUALLY IS.

His sending off was pure petulance today and so irresponsible seeing as we were already 2-0 down with most of the half left.

I do really like him as a player, he is a real talent and difference maker on his day but he has always struck me as being incredibly immature.

I get that people love his positivity, smile on his face, silly laughing etc but personally I couldnt give a f*ck.

First and foremost he's supposed to be a professional and 3 sendings off in recent memory (1 rescinded) is anything but that.

Secondly, I think the lad needs to grow up and act like a man instead of these crying antics and unfortunatley this is now so common in football these days - too many spoilt and weak minded players.

Where are the leaders and characters that used to be in the game?

Jose having an obvious dig at him by saying that he is crying now as Rudiger must have some broken ribs, as he was crying after Gomes broke his ankle last time.

Son needs to toughen up a bit. If you are going to get a red card, fucking go for it. Don’t get sent off for being a toddler.

Jose having an obvious dig at him by saying that he is crying now as Rudiger must have some broken ribs, as he was crying after Gomes broke his ankle last time.

Son needs to toughen up a bit. If you are going to get a red card, fucking go for it. Don’t get sent off for being a toddler.

He's a man child unfortunately.
Too busy making up silly handshakes with Dele.

Instead of crying about letting the team down AGAIN, man up and actually start behaving like an experienced professional

Total overreaction in here. Wasn’t a red card. Silly but petulance happens. 9 days out of 10 that isn’t a red.

You can debate the contact but he definitely lashed out and not for the first time, so he's put himself in a position multiple times to be shown a red card.

He's not a defender or midfield enforcer so there's no need for him to be doing that kind of thing.

Wouldnt say that's an overreaction.

You can debate the contact but he definitely lashed out and not for the first time, so he's put himself in a position multiple times to be shown a red card.

He's not a defender or midfield enforcer so there's no need for him to be doing that kind of thing.

Wouldnt say that's an overreaction.
Look at the various posts above - there is a clear overreaction. He clearly put his leg up, that’s about it. It was very little contact and in no way deserves a red card. Poor decision from a referee rather than Son being really in the wrong.

Back
Top Bottom