Heung-Min Son (손흥민)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

sun3.jpg

He opted for the grueling Marine Corps boot camp which is only 3 weeks instead of 4.
Its absurd, right? 'You're exempt from national service, but punitively we're still gonna force you to do X weeks because no one gets out free'

What's the benefit? Why spend the cost to force him to go through a few weeks' training.

I'm actually a national service proponent, but its fucking ridiculous to spend resources to force someone to undergo training, the benefit of whose training will never be realized. Waste of fucking time and money.

Its absurd, right? 'You're exempt from national service, but punitively we're still gonna force you to do X weeks because no one gets out free'

What's the benefit? Why spend the cost to force him to go through a few weeks' training.

I'm actually a national service proponent, but its fucking ridiculous to spend resources to force someone to undergo training, the benefit of whose training will never be realized. Waste of fucking time and money.

An inspiration to their youth just like Elvis serving in Germany?

Not sure how that stat works but that can’t be right. As good as he is, Clinical isn’t a word one would use to describe Sonny.

I think its because xG uses the shot position as the only real indicator for 'difficulty' of shot, therefore all of Son's goals where he belts them into the corner from range and at angles are much above the xG of the shot position. He is actually one of the best from range and from positions around the box that you wouldn't normally expect players to score.

Now for shots where you would expect the player to score I would say he is average, not well above average. But with the harder shots taken into account I would say this is why his xG is high. Just my non-stats based opinion.

I think its because xG uses the shot position as the only real indicator for 'difficulty' of shot, therefore all of Son's goals where he belts them into the corner from range and at angles are much above the xG of the shot position. He is actually one of the best from range and from positions around the box that you wouldn't normally expect players to score.

Now for shots where you would expect the player to score I would say he is average, not well above average. But with the harder shots taken into account I would say this is why his xG is high. Just my non-stats based opinion.

Exactly.. Son does miss some that he would be expected to score, however if you look at many of his goals, the actual chance of scoring them is very low (all those stunning goals etc..).. so that is partly why he at the top of the list. At the end of the day the same methodology has been used to apply to ALL the players and he has come out on top... so he must be doing something better than the rest.

Where Kane & Son are lacking compared to their rivals is actually getting in a good position to score. They generally have fewer chances per game than the best in Europe and a lot of that is down to the team & setup.

Elvis did months of training and his full draft stint in the "entertainment" troop. Still bullshit, but it was a full draft tour. 3 weeks training? Stupidest shit I e ever heard.
Agreed, but they should have got the inspiring (and perspiring) older fat Elvis, he also had plenty of value with his sun glasses, side burns, jump suits and karate moves.

Who's buying this? Who's already got it?

Back
Top Bottom