Heung-Min Son (손흥민)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Feel like he will benefit a lot when we get our transition/counter-attacking patterns down. Can see the gears turning collectively, just need some more practice on the training ground and I think Son will continue to be a goal machine.

Thought he had a decent first half, not so involved in the second half, but still managed to roll a perfect pass to Harry for the goal.
He, like everyone else, will get better with more game time.

Last edited:
Was more impressed with his work-rate than his product today. Their right sided players were both sat pretty deep for the best part and he kept them both busy throughout.

Frustrating off-side on the goal tho'.

I do wish he’d be pushed forward a bit more, his goal threat and passing is being a bit wasted.

I know it's fifa 20, but I changed Son's instructions to not track back, and changed Dele to track back to the left. I did it without making it two up top to still give Son a chance to run into space wide.

I haven't stopped scoring more than 3 goals a game since. And my defence isn't worse for it either.

I know it's fifa 20, but I changed Son's instructions to not track back, and changed Dele to track back to the left. I did it without making it two up top to still give Son a chance to run into space wide.

I haven't stopped scoring more than 3 goals a game since. And my defence isn't worse for it either.

Of course some posters on here would call Son a lazy bastard and call for benching him, even though the team is scoring for fun. Just because he doesn't "track back".

One thing he did do for us which was crucial against a camped WHU, was that he held his position out wide on the left.

Stretching the pitch allowed acres of space for Aurier.

hmm.. maybe... but is that really a good thing?
isolate one of the top goal scorer out wide so he can create a space for Aurier?

Son is the one who needs space

Just look at 2 goal chances (one missed by Kane 1:1 and Kane's goal) against WH. Son was involved in both chances and look at his position. He was not out wide. He was in the central position right behind Kane.

Last edited:
hmm.. maybe... but is that really a good thing?
isolate one of the top goal scorer out wide so he can create a space for Aurier?

Son is the one who needs space

Just look at 2 goal chances (one missed by Kane 1:1 and Kane's goal) against WH. Son was involved in both chances and look at his position. He was not out wide. He was in the central position right behind Kane.
He doesn't have to permanently be wide. The flexibility of the 3 behind Kane gives us most success. So drifting in us fine.

But from an oppo point of view they will want to keep Son out wide and let Aurier have the ball.

The point is, you want someone who can switch play as quick as possible to sides. If Son can be isolated 1v1 then he can be just as influential. He scored against WHU in the away game like that.

If he wasn't offside he would have done so again on Tuesday. The other thing is that Ben Davies doesn't go forward as much so you can't have everything going down the right hand side all the time if Son is central.

Anyone else ever get tired of watching official club YT videos and having to scroll through a hundred comments that just say "Son" to find any real insight or conversation? I like Son as much as I've ever liked a player who hasn't played for England (my only real team) but come on!

On the latest training video, there's a comment thread where some guys are just like "yeah, I only support Spurs because of Son" and "if he moved to Madrid, I'd support Madrid" and so on. As one of, as far as I'm aware, very few accepted neutrals on this forum, that's the kind of stuff I conscientiously try to avoid. Kane's my all-time favourite player and I could easily be equally obnoxious, but I like to hope I'm not.

ETA: I think one of the important things is that I don't identify as a Spurs supporter and pretend to be a fan of the club just because I love some of the current players.

Last edited:
I thought diamond was fine. Our defense didn't get better switching into 4231 or using back three. I really don't think we can fix our defensive issue unless we buy new defenders.

Kane is bit out of form, but he's still top striker in the league, and you add Son in the front line, it will scare any team in the league. Sometimes best defense is good offense.
The diamond was openly criticised in the media by, um, I think it was Sissoko. You have to really dislike the formation to come out with it publicly. Apparently none of the midfielders liked it.

I think Son was really the only person who benefitted from it, as he often got to play on the shoulder of the last defender. Kane's role ended up being relegated to creating space for Son's runs a lot of the time (which works well enough with Kane, sure, because defenders fear him enough to go with him, more than they would if you just put any random player there, but it wasn't optimised for Kane's strengths by any means).

Got a new multi have we? :sonpoint:
Hilariously obvious. :mourhandlaugh:

ss.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom