Heung-Min Son (손흥민)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think he played ok yesterday tbh. The way Mourinho sets up his teams means the wingers need to track back and do more defending which means less attacking opportunity for him. I remember the same thing happened to Hazard. He’s always assured on the ball and rarely loses possession unlike Moura and he had a couple of efforts on goal. He was probably our most dangerous attacker yesterday but that’s not saying much and besides, we all know how Son operates. All he needs his one goal and he’ll go on a manic purple patch where he scores every game.
I agree, I don't think he played 'shit' as others have said.

I think he played ok yesterday tbh. The way Mourinho sets up his teams means the wingers need to track back and do more defending which means less attacking opportunity for him. I remember the same thing happened to Hazard. He’s always assured on the ball and rarely loses possession unlike Moura and he had a couple of efforts on goal. He was probably our most dangerous attacker yesterday but that’s not saying much and besides, we all know how Son operates. All he needs his one goal and he’ll go on a manic purple patch where he scores every game.

Agree. He could have had a goal yesterday, but he had very little space to work with. He was good in possession. He also had VAR take a goal from him against West Ham.

The issues with Son and Kane aren’t of their own making. The team’s build up in possession and passing in the final third are so slow that most of the time when Sonny or Harry receive the ball in the final third the space is gone. They literally have a wall in front of them. I don’t understand how posters on here can say Son or Harry are playing poorly when they don’t have any space to operate!

Just look at the goals that Harry scored and the goal that VAR took away from Sonny. In all three cases, these lads had some space to operate in and they delivered. If I recall correctly, both of Harry’s goals were assisted by Sonny.

The team badly needs to improve the speed and quickness of the passing and runs in the final third. Once we do, Sonny and Harry will bag a lot of goals.

Agree. He could have had a goal yesterday, but he had very little space to work with. He was good in possession. He also had VAR take a goal from him against West Ham.

The issues with Son and Kane aren’t of their own making. The team’s build up in possession and passing in the final third are so slow that most of the time when Sonny or Harry receive the ball in the final third the space is gone. They literally have a wall in front of them. I don’t understand how posters on here can say Son or Harry are playing poorly when they don’t have any space to operate!

Just look at the goals that Harry scored and the goal that VAR took away from Sonny. In all three cases, these lads had some space to operate in and they delivered. If I recall correctly, both of Harry’s goals were assisted by Sonny.

The team badly needs to improve the speed and quickness of the passing and runs in the final third. Once we do, Sonny and Harry will bag a lot of goals.
To add to this, because it’s bang on, central midfield is the area that needs to be sorted out. Too much responsibility is being put on Lo Celso to make this team tick. We really need a world class DM to free up Lo Celso and another CM and get the ball out of defence quickly. Our top 3 are getting no space and I personally believe that we have a top 3 to rival anyone but if they’re getting it to their feet, with a defender already on top of them, then even the best attackers will struggle. It’s all very static right now and quite easy to defend against.

Inventing racism where none exists is, in itself, racism

giphy.gif

To add to this, because it’s bang on, central midfield is the area that needs to be sorted out. Too much responsibility is being put on Lo Celso to make this team tick. We really need a world class DM to free up Lo Celso and another CM and get the ball out of defence quickly. Our top 3 are getting no space and I personally believe that we have a top 3 to rival anyone but if they’re getting it to their feet, with a defender already on top of them, then even the best attackers will struggle. It’s all very static right now and quite easy to defend against.

100% correct. I am happy with our top 3 attackers. Confidently put them up against any top 3 in the world. But they need to receive the ball in a position to make some magic happen, which we we know they can.

Whatever you fuckin prick, regarding your second comment, my Indian friends call the likes of you a coconut.

You can join your bumchum Luvf Luvf on the ignore list, nice knowing ya.
Lol wow got your knickers in a knot there aye, over nothing? Who gives a flying hoot what your Indian mates think tbh? A coconut? How am I a coconut when I am pale-skinned?? You sound like one absolute tool mate.

Back
Top Bottom