Heung-Min Son (손흥민)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I know I am a genius.

Then you should seek to enlighten those around you one day.... Just promise me, once you finish school and mummy allows you on the internet without supervision that you'll come back and make me smart.

I'm a patient man.... I can wait.

Then you should seek to enlighten those around you one day.... Just promise me, once you finish school and mummy allows you on the internet without supervision that you'll come back and make me smart.

I'm a patient man.... I can wait.
Says he who is still awake after putting his kiddies to bed. What are you, 44 yrs old?

To add to this, because it’s bang on, central midfield is the area that needs to be sorted out. Too much responsibility is being put on Lo Celso to make this team tick. We really need a world class DM to free up Lo Celso and another CM and get the ball out of defence quickly. Our top 3 are getting no space and I personally believe that we have a top 3 to rival anyone but if they’re getting it to their feet, with a defender already on top of them, then even the best attackers will struggle. It’s all very static right now and quite easy to defend against.

I'd settle for just a very solid CDM- Levy ain't gonna shell out for a "world class" anything (unless it's a cheese room)- but point well made.

Agree. He could have had a goal yesterday, but he had very little space to work with. He was good in possession. He also had VAR take a goal from him against West Ham.

The issues with Son and Kane aren’t of their own making. The team’s build up in possession and passing in the final third are so slow that most of the time when Sonny or Harry receive the ball in the final third the space is gone. They literally have a wall in front of them. I don’t understand how posters on here can say Son or Harry are playing poorly when they don’t have any space to operate!

I agree that it was not an awful performance against Everton.
But I don't think you can put 100% blame on how we play. Part (and most likely more than 50%) is on the fact that ball moves upfield too slowly and we attack against strongly built lines.

But at times Son took a wrong decision as well. When he had chance to either make few fast steps to the left and beat the defender, he slowed down and cut inwards toward the right (middle) where 2 or even 3 defenders were waiting for him. So you can't fully say that space is gone - at times he deliberately did not use potential space to run into.

So, he is not shit, but there are moments where he could have done better in my view.

Back
Top Bottom