Heung-Min Son (손흥민)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The way we now play seems to suit him massively. He's got the pace and composure to finish now that makes him a serious goal threat to any team. When he's near the box you just expect him to score.

Salah\Mane might have been the 2 best inverted forwards in the league. But on current form Son is moving into that bracket.

He should be getting a lot more media recognition, he's become a top class player.

The way we now play seems to suit him massively. He's got the pace and composure to finish now that makes him a serious goal threat to any team. When he's near the box you just expect him to score.

Salah\Mane might have been the 2 best inverted forwards in the league. But on current form Son is moving into that bracket.

He should be getting a lot more media recognition, he's become a top class player.
Kane + Son as a duo is right up there with Salah + Mane as the league's best attacking pair imo. Not identical roles, of course, but perfectly comparable in their basic function, I reckon. If anything, Kane + Son actually has a lot more versatility than Salah + Mane when you can only pick two players, thus ignoring the mediating effect of Firmino.

I wouldn't necessarily watch the Kane & Son sitcom but I love their football team.
Would you not want to watch a buddy cop TV series where Kane is the straight laced by-the-book detective and Sonny is his hotshot maverick partner with a tragic backstory?

giphy.gif

6 goals in 4 games and looking ridiculously sharp.

If Son can get anywhere close to 20 league goals this year - with Bale and Kane on the scene as well - then we will be a real threat to anyone.

He has never scored more than 15 league goals and last year got 11. He must be feeling super confident right now of beating those figures.

A real Mourinho type of player in the form of pacy and direct counter attacking. Must be loving it.

Wonder how many goals and assists Son & Kane are going to end up with this year.

Something has clicked between the two, they played so well together before but they’ve broken through a higher level this year, it’s ridiculous how good they are together.

The best partnership in the world ATM?

Wonder how many goals and assists Son & Kane are going to end up with this year.

Something has clicked between the two, they played so well together before but they’ve broken through a higher level this year, it’s ridiculous how good they are together.

The best partnership in the world ATM?
Imagine adding Bale into the mix as well!

They've been lucky for sure but it is known Klopp revamped their whole medical and physical teams once he took over. They must be doing something right. Either that or being asthmatic prevents injuries.
:mourhandlaugh:

They might have a hubcap theft competition each week which aids fitness

Son has to be among the top 5 players in the entire league surely?

He's different gravy, and has added that consistency to his game to propel him to the next level that he didn't have when we first bought him.
We don’t know yet, he may again go through his poor patches but I accept that’s just the way he is.

We have Bale to help out this year, it’ll probably make a lot less difference.

He's different gravy, and has added that consistency to his game to propel him to the next level that he didn't have when we first bought him.

I don't think anything's really changed about Sonny other than him being more efficient. His strengths and weaknesses are still there it's just that the way we're playing now, he isn't in a position where his weaknesses can be exploited.

I credit Jose for changing up the tactics to make this happen. People were laughing at others that suggested Kane should play as more of a set up man with Son playing further up front but it looks like Jose is realizing this setup makes us far more dynamic and dangerous. Also, our midfield has improved leaps and bounds - the addition of Hojbjerg and resurgence in play from the likes of NDombele has a lot to do with it. There's actually a flow in which the ball moves from our back to the front. Kane is probably the most complete player in the world and Son has probably become one of the most potent goal scorers. Now we're just scoring goals for fun. Again, credit to Jose.

But ... we still haven't seen us play a decent side where the opposing team sits back playing for a draw. This is where I've seen Son and the rest of the team struggle to find goals. I think with Kane utilized as a playmaker, it'll free up space in the box/middle for Bale/Son and we'll be able to overcome a lot of the issues we had before.

Things are looking really good for Spurs!

You're bang on about the consistency. I was shocked yesterday when he went through from a delicious Lamela pass and didn't score to make it 3-1 before the red card incident even happened.

Let's put it this way: I think Sonny has entered a level of quality that would put him on Real Madrid's radar. I pray they get focused on someone like Mane instead.

Kane Son duo has been grossly underachieving since 2015. That's why we are not sitting on 2 league titles and a CL title. But as Son said on one of his recent interviews he has worked on and off the pitch w Kane very hard to make it work better. And he says it is going to be perfect. So well see again for another season.

Striker partnerships have been good with Greaves/Gilzean, Archibald/Crooks & Berba/Keane but I never thought of Son/Kane as a striking partnership before this season. For much of the time Son has not played as part of a front 2 strikers. I looked upon Dele as being closer to being Kane's partner than Son but really Kane played on his own up front. With Bale coming into the equation will they still be considered a partnership?

Striker partnerships have been good with Greaves/Gilzean, Archibald/Crooks & Berba/Keane but I never thought of Son/Kane as a striking partnership before this season. For much of the time Son has not played as part of a front 2 strikers. I looked upon Dele as being closer to being Kane's partner than Son but really Kane played on his own up front. With Bale coming into the equation will they still be considered a partnership?
A three some? Lol whatever fuck you want to call it. Keep playing team ball. Don't need another golden boot. Team deserves a trophy or five

Back
Top Bottom