Heung-Min Son (손흥민)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He had that odd pass to offside Kane last week when he was wide open as well.
Jose needs to have a word with him and tell him to be more greedy. He's too good not to be taking shots whenever he has any kind of opening.
I think I remember it. Dont remember what the score was in that particular moment. He can pass around when we are up by two three goals but in tight games like today he should be shooting. I guess it is easier said than done to flick the switch on and off like that but agree with Jose having a word about it. One goal from Sonny today could have....Just one goal lol

He has to think hard when he does that because it is the best shooting boot team has. Spent most if his time defending like everyone. Surely could and should shot that one time when he had a slight opening in the middle. He decided to pass to Berg? Why

So you preach "greed" and shoot on sight for Sonny and "team work" in a condescending matter for everyone else (i.e. Kane)?

You're so transparent.

Son is a very limited player, and I think Jose's been working on that since he got here. I noticed a huge improvement in his tackling ability towards the tail end of last season, like actual blocks and tackles vs the rubbish he used to do under Poch.

His medium range passing, crosses, and flick ons also improved a lot. I think that's why he's become a bit shot shy. Just needs to remind himself that around the box he's still allowed to shoot sometimes.

Actually Kane seems the same, a lot less long range shots from nothing, which is practically his trademark.

Son is a very limited player, and I think Jose's been working on that since he got here. I noticed a huge improvement in his tackling ability towards the tail end of last season, like actual blocks and tackles vs the rubbish he used to do under Poch.

His medium range passing, crosses, and flick ons also improved a lot. I think that's why he's become a bit shot shy. Just needs to remind himself that around the box he's still allowed to shoot sometimes.

Actually Kane seems the same, a lot less long range shots from nothing, which is practically his trademark.
He might actually have PTSD for tackling since Gomez injury. Rarely see him doing risky challenges...
I felt the whole squad have been trying to get Bergwijn a goal for many matches now, IDK maybe I'm wrong.

Don't think it's a binary case of greedy or not greedy. It's about reading the situation and making a good judgement.

Dele on thursday judged the situation and laid it off to vinicius. Son and Kane at point seemed alergic to passing to each other, but now are trying to over compensate instead of thinking properly. Son's decision making has always been a bit patchy, like against Everton when he passed to Dele instead of Kane.

Tbf I saw a chart yesterday showing Son is the best finisher in the league by a fair bit.
Since 2015 he has a 1.5 goals / 1 xG.

So he probably should be a bit greedier than everyone else.

How good Son is wasn't really my point..... I know he's good.

Search that user and the phrase "selfish" and you'll soon get the picture. (if you can be arsed, of course)....

So you preach "greed" and shoot on sight for Sonny and "team work" in a condescending matter for everyone else (i.e. Kane)?

You're so transparent.
What are you trying to insinuate now. I am not for Son or Kane or Sissoko. I am just for the team title at this point. If you can't see that you are just confirming yourself again to be the bitter fuck you and I concluded once or twice in the past.

What are you trying to insinuate now. I am not for Son or Kane or Sissoko. I am just for the team title at this point. If you can't see that you are just confirming yourself again to be the bitter fuck you and I concluded once or twice in the past.

"Bitter" - Nah.... Got nothing to be bitter about... Well done for learning a new word tho. 👍

"Son should be greedy"
"Kane is greedy... Booooooo!"

You know I'm right.:sonpoint:

"Bitter" - Nah.... Got nothing to be bitter about... Well done for learning a new word tho. 👍

"Son should be greedy"
"Kane is greedy... Booooooo!"

You know I'm right.:sonpoint:

No not really. You lie so much I just don't know about you don't care lol. But you seem to be in better mood ? Hey enjoy

Son is a very limited player
thank you for your excellent analysis. your views are spot on.

Janet Yellen Lol GIF by GIPHY News

ESPNS top 100 player rankings are out...

ESPN putting son in the Forward category. Tough category. Seems about right but Aubameyang over Son??
At the moment that is crazy talk. But I guess Aubameyang will be back to his best at some point. I would love it if his decline has started, but I fear it's too early.

Very limited player....lol having a laff son.

Limited? Before Jose, (Excluding his first year) he averaged 20 goals and 11 assists past 4 seasons.
:sonhmm:

Limited? Before Jose, (Excluding his first year) he averaged 20 goals and 11 assists past 4 seasons.
:sonhmm:
Aubameyang got a golden boot, but he's still a limited player, and so is Vardy. Son isn't even top 10 among dribblers in the PL. He doesn't have a "wand of a left foot" like James or Ziyech, He can't head the ball like Mane. He's not particularly strong either.

He's OK in many of these categories, but his pace and finishing are by far his best attributes.

Aubameyang got a golden boot, but he's still a limited player, and so is Vardy. Son isn't even top 10 among dribblers in the PL. He doesn't have a "wand of a left foot" like James or Ziyech, He can't head the ball like Mane. He's not particularly strong either.

He's OK in many of these categories, but his pace and finishing are by far his best attributes.

His two footedness (best in the league) and movement and workmate are also his other best attributes.

His two footedness (best in the league) and movement and workmate are also his other best attributes.
Fair enough, he's got good workrate and two footedness, but that still makes him a fairly limited player.

I'm not saying he's a bad player.

What's with this weird obsession to not accept that he's not perfect?

Back
Top Bottom