Heung-Min Son (손흥민)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What have we created though? Hard to put it back in the net if you have no service.
He had other chances. There was a tackle from Matip which Son should have done better on.

He's also not helping the team create chances, it's not just on everyone else to give him those sweet through balls.

He had other chances. There was a tackle from Matip which Son should have done better on.

He's also not helping the team create chances, it's not just on everyone else to give him those sweet through balls.
That tackle by Matip was good defending, why you necessarily put it on Son missing a good chance?

Of course his contribution to chance creation is not good but maybe that’s how he’s told to play? After all he was never a player who’d create for others, at best he was taking 1v1s and beat his man.

he's not helping the team create chances? hahaha he has the second most assist in the team followed by Kane.

Did he actually retain possession even once during the game.?
But we did not lose tonight because of Son and he will be rightly 1st choice in the next game.

His clinical finishing has really dried up. That effort in the first half was dreadful.
Disagree.

That disallowed goal was very clinical finishing.

You can't expect to score every single chance you broke through. Not even Ronaldo or Messi could when they're at their peak.

We didn't create enough, and Son is better playing this pseudo goal lurker than a traditional winger.

Last edited:
Weirdly, Son thrived in previous years when Kane was out... but maybe that's 'cos he had and in form Dele & Eriksen supporting him...
He needs someone to play the passes that show him at his best. Eriksen (and Dele as well to some extent) used to be good at that. Kane currently is even better at it than they were. I hope he's okay.

Disagree.

That disallowed goal was very clinical finishing.

You can't expect to score every single chance you broke through. Not even Ronaldo or Messi could when they're at their peak.

We didn't create enough, and Son is better playing this pseudo goal lurker and a traditional winger.
No, I don't expect him to score with every chance. I'm merely stating a fact that his previous clinical finishing a month or so ago has deserted him. Has unfortunately missed some important chances of late, tonight, Fulham, etc. Took the offside goal well, but the second effort was very poor.
So many players were dreadful tonight so not laying the blame on Sonny's feet - just frustrated his efforts aren't finding the net.

Son really has been unlucky against Liverpool this season... up there he hit the post, and the one time he does score (a clinical finish) it's disallowed!

Still, i've got the last half-hour of his weird little Amazon Prime doc to enjoy tonight!!! :sonhmm:

No, I don't expect him to score with every chance. I'm merely stating a fact that his previous clinical finishing a month or so ago has deserted him. Has unfortunately missed some important chances of late, tonight, Fulham, etc. Took the offside goal well, but the second effort was very poor.
So many players were dreadful tonight so not laying the blame on Sonny's feet - just frustrated his efforts aren't finding the net.
I can understand your frustration, but I don't think the level of clinical finishing is anything but bad for Son. It's just we either need to improve as a team to create more, or Son up his all around game, so he's not utilized just for this specific role.

He's not good at that either.

You play Son fairly central, and try to feed him through balls. That's 90% Son tactics. Anything else is like banging your head against a wall.

He can make a few passes and score some solo goals, but he's a shadow of himself when expected to do something on his own.
exactly that. hes a striker that needs to play on the shoulder of the last defender and look to be put in behind. back to goal and getting involved in the build up is not his game hes not got that in him.

I think what’s been revealed is that Son was bailing out the team with his clinical finishing. Now that it’s fallen back down to earth, our weakness on attack and our inability to create has been completely exposed. We are fcked if he doesn’t get back up to his form we saw at the start of the year

While showing many brilliant moments that can change games , Son can also go missing in build up or just loose the ball .
A outstanding player on his day but in many games shows very little.

Back
Top Bottom