Heung-Min Son (손흥민)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Airfixx

www.curling.com Here to help.
Oh god. Airfixx Airfixx getting very upset

Grow up... I'm not upset.

as usual at anyone praising Son,

You mean the guy I've twice called a "Cracking Player" in this very discussion?

particularly when praising him makes Kane look anything less than the best attacker on the squad.

Nothing to do with it.

He could have just liked my post that showed Son has been the most clinical forward in Europe since 2016. But of course, he has to try and discredit it.

I made no attempt to discredit it.... I (foolishly?) responded to your argument that those stats proved he wasn't subject to poor periods of form. More fool me granted.

So typical. Fell right into my trap.

:sonlol:

Jeeeezus! Your "trap"??? ......You're really that pathetic?

Sad.

Airfixx

Right? Airfixx Airfixx , the guy that has 500,000 posts in a couple years saying that? That’s hilarious isn’t it?

50,000 in 5/6 years, but hey if lies are all you have left then fill your boots.

As per your shit-housing, faux-indignation about off-topic spam, you'd best concern yourself with something else though.

Last edited:
Airfixx Airfixx

Here's a snapshot of some of Harry's 'rough patches' over the last 3 seasons when you take out penalties. It actually doesn't look much better w/ penalties but lets do an apples-apples comparison.

Current (6 apps) - 0 goal contributions
20/12/16 - 21/3/4 (12 apps) - 5 goal contributions
19/8/17 - 19/12/4 (13 apps) - 5 goal contributions
18/9/2 - 18/10/29 (7 apps) - 1 goal contribution

Fitness issues or not, during these stretch of games, he's had some god awful games. And for avoidance of doubt, he has a rough patch every year, like Son does.

Compare this with Son's 'rough patch' last year that you referenced where he had 7 goal contributions in 14 apps. Yes, not up to Sons usual standard but its not too dissimilar to one of Kanes rough patches as far as output goes. That said, if you consider Son to be patchy, Kane is 'patchy' as well b/c he does even less off the ball particularly when he’s off it. We rarely see him win headers, hold up play, make unselfish runs, be physical in the box etc

So to call Son a patchy player repeatedly when Kane is statistically just as patchy is not right.

I personally don't consider them more or less patchy than other players because all players go through similar rough patches.

Last edited:

Airfixx

Airfixx Airfixx
I personally don't consider them more or less patchy than other players because all players go through similar rough patches.

One look at your incessant shit talking over Kane's last 5 games shows this claim to be utter bullshit.

You'd been brewing that post up for nearly 6 hours and that's what you come up with......? Lame.

It’s hilarious that in order to justify Kane playing shit, people are bringing up a player who’s outperformed him.

I saw someone use a 12 game period to gauge Sons conversion rate while ignoring Kane’s 7 year period

Airfixx

It’s hilarious that in order to justify Kane playing shit, people are bringing up a player who’s outperformed him.

I saw someone use a 12 game period to gauge Sons conversion rate while ignoring Kane’s 7 year period

The conversation is ultimately nothing to do with Kane....... These criticisms of Son surface of their own accord throughout the past seasons.

Airfixx

Be honest, you can pick ONE of Kane or Son to play 90 today.
Who is it?

It's obvious who is in better form right now..... Son.

Much like the answer would naturally be Kane if Son was in a shit run of form.

I'd rather play both if possible though......

Seeing as my position is not to argue who's best to begin with..... This is a moot question anyway.

I'm entirely prepared to critique Kane....... How many more times must this need to be pointed outffs!?!?!?

It's obvious who is in better form right now..... Son.

Much like the answer would naturally be Kane if Son was in a shit run of form.

I'd rather play both if possible though......

Seeing as my position is not to argue who's best to begin with..... This is a moot question anyway.

I'm entirely prepared to critique Kane....... How many more times must this need to be pointed outffs!?!?!?
So if you had one choice, you’d drop Kane for Son.

So you’re not so confident that this world class player will find form anytime soon against relegation fodder

Airfixx

So if you had one choice, you’d drop Kane for Son.

So you’re not so confident that this world class player will find form anytime soon against relegation fodder

No, that's your projection; not mine......

My take is fully explained in the post you just replied to.

Why would I want to drop a player who's playing well for one that isn't?

Jeeezus christ, man!

......What the fuck is this weird game you're playing?

Would you prefer my answer to have been Kane?
I’m just astonished you believe all the things you do about Kane, but you don’t feel he could start this return to form against a team like Newcastle.

I don’t see any other team really that you’d play him against then? In your view, if Son retains fitness and form all season, and the team is winning (like it was before Kane returned) do you drop Kane permanently?

Just trying to understand here? Is he world class or just another squad member with no real influence on the team that can be benched against Champo level opposition?

Airfixx

I’m just astonished the believe all the things you do about Kane,

Pray tell, what self-concocted guff are you trying to assign to me now.... ?

but you don’t feel he could start this return to form against a team like Newcastle.

I don’t see any other team really that you’d play him against then? In your view, if Son retains fitness and form all season, and the team is winning (like it was before Kane returned) do you drop Kane permanently?

Just trying to understand here? Is he world class or just another squad member with no real influence on the team that can be benched against Champo level opposition?

These ramblings are utterly ridiculous..... We're not in a position where we're only allowed to play one..... You're the one caught up in the term world class.... I'm just hoping he'll play better today.

Unless you're gonna take umbrage with something I've actually said (rather than something you want me to have said) can we move on please....

Pray tell, what self-concocted guff are you trying to assign to me now.... ?

These ramblings are utterly ridiculous..... We're not in a position where we're only allowed to play one..... You're the one caught up in the term world class.... I'm just hoping he'll play better today.

Unless you're gonna take umbrage with something I've actually said (rather than something you want me to have said) can we move on please....
But if that was the case, you’d drop Kane?

Just trying to gauge your logic.
I’ve heard form is temporary and world class is for life.

I understand you’d play both, but that’s mainly because we are an incompetent club that doesn’t want to sign another striker.

How about a scenario we had Ings on the bench. Son and Ings today or Kane and Son?

Airfixx

But if that was the case, you’d drop Kane?

Just trying to gauge your logic.
I’ve heard form is temporary and world class is for life.

I understand you’d play both, but that’s mainly because we are an incompetent club that doesn’t want to sign another striker.

How about a scenario we had Ings on the bench. Son and Ings today or Kane and Son?

Kane isn't un-droppable in my world..... Post #1 clearly establishes this.

Do I think he's ready for the scrap-heap? No.

It's also my take that his behaviour over the summer should have served to revoke any golden-boy privileges he may have had in the past.

You're just doing your usual trick of putting an entire cross-section of people into a 1-dimensional little box that you want them to exist in regardless of it aligns with what they've actually said or not...

Can we just move on instead.

Last edited:
Top Bottom