Heung-Min Son (손흥민)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I am not going to be the one but someone should tell you to Fuck off

It takes a lot for me to be on the side of Airfixx and for many reasons your sentiment here is bang on but in this case you are dead wrong and as usual it is you that should fuck off.

It's a different game if he finishes one of those two chances he had, albeit the second one may have offside.

Ronaldo and Son are on opposite ends of the xG charts, but I think Ronaldo scores best chances that Son had today.
That's why Son isn't and never will be elite/world class. A world class striker would have had a goal today with one of Son's chances.

Still, he's overall been our best attacker over the last 3 years but I worry that given he's age, he's going to fall off a cliff like Kane has sooner rather than later. Unless he can successfully transition into a CF role which I think would be ideal.

That's why Son isn't and never will be elite/world class. A world class striker would have had a goal today with one of Son's chances.

Still, he's overall been our best attacker over the last 3 years but I worry that given he's age, he's going to fall off a cliff like Kane has sooner rather than later. Unless he can successfully transition into a CF role which I think would be ideal.
You know Son had a bad game when even his Korean fans are this upset at him today.

Never been world class or truly elite.

Time to stop overrating him and start seeing him as he is.

Never been on the level of the Mbappes, Salah's of the world.

Not close.

Still our best attacker but time to get real about him.
I would agree about the Salah comparison (although I do probably somewhat controversially believe Son is a better finisher..but Salah is so good and getting into and finding the spaces and dribbling his way through..so he can create more opportunities for himself).. but I think Mbappe is very overrated.

I would agree about the Salah comparison (although I do probably somewhat controversially believe Son is a better finisher..but Salah is so good and getting into and finding the spaces and dribbling his way through..so he can create more opportunities for himself).. but I think Mbappe is very overrated.
A better comparison is richarlison, not Salah. Salah and Mbappe and Mane are out of Sons league.

Almost as ridiculous as the Kane / Lewa comparison.

A better comparison is richarlison, not Salah. Salah and Mbappe and Mane are out of Sons league.

Almost as ridiculous as the Kane / Lewa comparison.
Sons another one of those “on his day” players.
World class on your day simply isn’t world class per se, when “your day” is less than half the games you play in
He can play well, and often does, but he’s not his best far too often

Sons another one of those “on his day” players.
World class on your day simply isn’t world class per se, when “your day” is less than half the games you play in
He can play well, and often does, but he’s not his best far too often
He’s our best player.

Not sure what your point is? Are you arguing he’s not as good or consistent as Salah?

He’s our best player.

Not sure what your point is? Are you arguing he’s not as good or consistent as Salah?
Haven’t mentioned Salah as a comparison and I think he too falls short of the fully world class tag too.
If I had to choose between the two, I’d take Salah though.

Painful to say it, and I agree Son is our best player and an absolute gent and professional

Him and Salah would be an absolute dream for us. Him and Vardy too.

All this despite tactics and Ben Davies

It takes a lot for me to be on the side of Airfixx and for many reasons your sentiment here is bang on but in this case you are dead wrong and as usual it is you that should fuck off.
Well you seem to have some valid point on airfixx and shit but Fuck off

Salah yes.. but I don't see that with someone like Mane. Put Son in that Liverpool team and he would do just as good if not better IMO.
I don't think it's a team thing with Son. It's mentality. He just simply doesn't bring it every game. It seems at times he's just happy to be there and happy to defer to other players thus he has more off days than truly elite players.

From what I've seen, given a random set of 10 games, on average, Son will have:
-Two 8-10 rated performances
-Four 6-7 rated performances
-Four 5 and below rated performances

He simply has too many performances in the 5 and below area.

He'll have as many worldies as any elite winger but truly world class players will maybe have just 1 performance in the 5 and below area on average, given a random set of 10 games. Son will usually have 3 or 4 subpar performances.

I am not going to be the one but someone should tell you to Fuck off
Cringe Wince GIF

Haven’t mentioned Salah as a comparison and I think he too falls short of the fully world class tag too.
If I had to choose between the two, I’d take Salah though.

Painful to say it, and I agree Son is our best player and an absolute gent and professional

Him and Salah would be an absolute dream for us. Him and Vardy too.

All this despite tactics and Ben Davies

Salah is obviously world class. He starts on the right for every single team in world football.

Not throughout the history of the game he doesn’t, and as I’ve told you 500 times, that’s what I judge world class on.
All time.
not sure you can judge footballers on all time so much has changed over last 20 yrs yet alone since the 1950's
watch the big match revisited, the game is slower, pitches are awful, the defenders were allowed to make hard tackles,
great players from the old days could be great in these not sure it works the other way
just some
fitness
boots, balls, kit
training
food, drink
Laws of football
drinking
Look at Ronaldo is he better than Stanley Mattews ? if both were here now or back there then who would be better ?

is Ali the greatest boxer ever ? well he is to me, but i grow up in his time so he was the focus

not sure you can judge footballers on all time so much has changed over last 20 yrs yet alone since the 1950's
watch the big match revisited, the game is slower, pitches are awful, the defenders were allowed to make hard tackles,
great players from the old days could be great in these not sure it works the other way
just some
fitness
boots, balls, kit
training
food, drink
Laws of football
drinking
Look at Ronaldo is he better than Stanley Mattews ? if both were here now or back there then who would be better ?

is Ali the greatest boxer ever ? well he is to me, but i grow up in his time so he was the focus
If Ronaldo was to head a saturated leather paneled ball with a lace across it, one header and he would be out for a month, they were footballers, proper men, not big girls blouses that you have nowadays. look at spurs v united shaw got a shove in the back and wqent down holding his head, big jessies.

Not throughout the history of the game he doesn’t, and as I’ve told you 500 times, that’s what I judge world class on.
All time.

Salah would tear players of the past a new one. Better numbers than 99.9% of wide players in history.

Footballers now in general would be too fit, too fast and too strong for footballers of the past.

Back
Top Bottom