Heung-Min Son (손흥민)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If you’re fine being a team playing in the ECL then yeah, missed sitters don’t matter. But in order for us to get in the top 4 this season and play CL football, every goal and point matters.

If Son or Kane or Dele buries one of those missed sitters we get 3 points. Those missed sitters and 2 points may come back to haunt us later.

Then if we are sitting just outside the top four towards the end of the season we’re going to inevitably blame the usual Dier, Sanchez, Lucas, Ndombele, etc instead of remembering who missed those sitters.
Remember when we had No shots on target? We’re improving… conversion of chances will improve… I reckon

Son is not world class, I have an evidence.

I hope this ends the endless debate. :sonpoint:

common

Son's father says 'absolutely not word class at all'

Son is a top top top player who's trying to become a top top top top player. Not a world class player 😁

If you can't name more than 5 players better than him in the same position. He should be considered world class.

Same goes for Kane.

This shouldn't be a debate anymore. I would take him over Sterling, Sancho, Sane, Vinicius jr etc.

One player for sure I know is ahead is Mbappe.

Mane, I think is in the same level as Son.

We have to take into account how many managers Son had to go through and still perform at a high level. It is not easy for a player to be consistent where a manager change happens every season like our club has for the past 2 seasons.

If he was managed by Klopp he would have been on another level in Liverpool. Hopefully Conte can bring the best out of him this season going forward.

If you can't name more than 5 players better than him in the same position. He should be considered world class.

Same goes for Kane.

This shouldn't be a debate anymore. I would take him over Sterling, Sancho, Sane, Vinicius jr etc.

One player for sure I know is ahead is Mbappe.

Mane, I think is in the same level as Son.

We have to take into account how many managers Son had to go through and still perform at a high level. It is not easy for a player to be consistent where a manager change happens every season like our club has for the past 2 seasons.

If he was managed by Klopp he would have been on another level in Liverpool. Hopefully Conte can bring the best out of him this season going forward.
That's a great assesement of Son. It's quiet diffcult to perform with same consistency under many different managers. That's a hallmark of a top notch player IMO. Add to the fact that he's done this playing for Spurs is quiet an accomplishment. I don't pay much attention to this world class debate. All it matters is how I think of him and his accomplishments. He has provided so many memerable moments with Spurs.

It’s crazy how Son is seemingly having a poor season as far as being clinical in front of the goal but he’s got a 21% goal conversion rate, 2 goals above his xG in 14 apps. Both higher than Kane last season who was at 13% and 0 goals above xG….

Back
Top Bottom