Heung-Min Son (손흥민)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Very pleased for him. Missed like 4 chances in the first half, so well deserved. The goal looks better in real time in my opinion, mainly because he did it at 2-0 and the next goal decides the game.

He was horrible yesterday. He needs to go back to basics and play simple. He is not a playmaker and will not offer anything that Moura or Lamela can't in that department. Actually falls way behind them. Son shines when he is playing as a traditional winger and running into space down the wing and whipping in crosses like he did two seasons ago constantly during his best form for Spurs. He needs to do more of that. That will then cause defenders to try and block that channel which will then give him further opportunities to cut inside and give him opportunities for his trademark curlers.

PS I apologize on behalf of all Koreans for Rooster's antics. She's obviously a crazed Korean fangirl who can't be reasoned with.

It never entered my mind that the rooster could be a girl. I have to say that gives a new tingle to the wrinkle

David Luiz, today:

tenor.gif

Love all the captain-esque "we need to show more focus and be better" quotes he's since swamped the media with...

Leading by example right, Sideshow? :adethumbup:

Mind you...

Roughly this time last year it was Lovren who'd been clowned by our front-line , yet he'd become best CB in the world by the end of the season.

Didn't think he was all that to be honest.

I don't think any player comes through that game deserving any praise. Son was frustrating today, spent alot of the time on the floor and had a decent chance at 1-2 to get a third goal but decided to shoot from 25 yards.
You sure we weren't up 2:0 when Son poorly decided to abandon the easy walker that could have put us right on up to 3:0?

A brilliant game against the Chavs but rather ineffective for most of the season . Frustrating at times , so wasteful in front of goal and sometimes very greedy .
A poor man's Chris Waddle .

It's just an odd article to write at this stage of the season where besides the Chelsea game, he's been hugely ineffective (Then again, did do well off the bench against Inter Milan and dived for a penalty against Woolwich).

There's a part in the article mentioning he makes Match of the Day worth watching alone, which is odd as he has one goal and one assist all season and been hugely ineffective. It just seems like an article that was written last season during his purple patch which the writer had forgot to publish.

But I do love Son - as frustrating as he is, he has the ability to score goals from absolutely anywhere on the pitch and when he's on it, he's a joy to watch as proven in the Chelsea game.

Another banger to add to the collection.

I know what people mean when they say he's a streaky player but 40 goals across the last two seasons wouldn't say that. How many goals would he have got if he were more consistent? For me Son is vastly underrated. I posted the stats of Firmino's numbers in the same period and Son despite playing less and starting less is more or less neck and neck in goals.

Then we had our fans clamour for Martial and Zaha who Sonny comfortably beats on numbers. I'm glad people are now realising how lucky we are to have him. I think the scare we had with him having military service over his shoulder made our fans not take him for granted. Don't get me wrong...he's always been popular....but he deserved more adulation on par with Kane, Alli, Eriksen.

I think most of the supporters rate him high just like you do. It is just that we have a few posters here with blinkers on that the only thing they could say is that Son is a streaky player. And these a few keep saying it over and over here so it looks like that is what everyone say about him here but I am sure it is not. If he wasn't streaky by their definition he would be Ronaldo and Messi combined.

BBC MOTD doesn't even mention Son once when he had a goal and an assist in a 2:0 game.
How did they manage that

Apart from the stats and all the tactics palarva Sonny is just so likeable and i think we are so lucky to have him. I would imagine he is a good influence in the dressing room and characters like him are vital in that regard. Love the bloke.

And the fact that he opens up an Asian Market for Tottenham Hotspur TM wasn't part of Levy's thought process

Back
Top Bottom