Heung-Min Son (손흥민)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Apart from the stats and all the tactics palarva Sonny is just so likeable and i think we are so lucky to have him. I would imagine he is a good influence in the dressing room and characters like him are vital in that regard. Love the bloke.
You have all the right to have Son here because Poch insisted on bringing him and DL sherwerdly made it happen despite the infamous military risk etc. If you think Son was good last 3 seasons I think he will be dreamy in nest 3 as he is going into his prime.

Sane had more assists than Son and in 2017 he was considerably younger. He also affects matches more.

Son is a great player but Sane is really top class, I wouldn't also consider them playing on the same slot really.

I think Sane is more hyped due to his age and dominance, Son sometimes tend to play guerrilla style - being quite for a lot of the match only to pop with some spectacular strike.
Am I supposed to laugh from the 1st sentence or on the second. Sane affects games more? Come on can you be any more vague

I would not be the one to tout Sane over lol. I know you were one of the early supporters who rated Sonny high and often. I just hope the club would be able to get more and most out of him while he is here because as far as I know Son achieved all those numbers without the attacking front not really passing well to each other. At least not as well as it could imo. When they do we 'll be truly previlliged to see what Son and his mates can do to take the team to next levels
Hard one to judge. City totally dominate the oppo and mostly camp on the oppo box, in order to break down the opposition it's players like Son/Sane that are required, however, I think both actually are best suited to games that are a bit more stretched, with space to run into. So, I think the way we are set up right now actually suits Son more than hinders him. Whenever I watched Sane he's been at his most unstoppable when he's running from a deeper position with the ball, when he's turned and committed the defence.

I would not be the one to tout Sane over lol. I know you were one of the early supporters who rated Sonny high and often. I just hope the club would be able to get more and most out of him while he is here because as far as I know Son achieved all those numbers without the attacking front not really passing well to each other. At least not as well as it could imo. When they do we 'll be truly previlliged to see what Son and his mates can do to take the team to next levels
Sane is German so he's definitely a better player than the Korean bloke.

I think everyone on the team has missed at least a few 1v1. It's just for some reason, people seem to lose their collective minds when Sonny misses them then forgets about all the times that he does round the keeper well or beat the keeper 1v1.

So true. It depends a lot on the keeper too. Against Barca their keeper was excellent in his stance and positioning. Compare to last night...

Fucking internationals. We just had the bleeding world cup then Asian games. They making an entire season worth of games out of this. Even this uefa nations league bolux. This is a league season and unless there are qualifiers then it should be knocked on the head.
It's shite without a doubt but you have to understand that the Asian games are basically for U23's or predominantly a development squad, Son played with the sole aim of winning it so that he could be exempt from military service (he wouldn't have played in the Asian games if he was already exempt).

FFS Sonny out for at least 3 games in January including Chavs away semi final!
Asian games...What's the point of playing for S Korea now that he has avoided military service?

Back
Top Bottom