Heung-Min Son (손흥민)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Maybe not a legend on pure numbers, although very close.

But if you consider loyalty combined with the fact that he has been responsible for so many historic moments (City home and away in CL, NLD goals, Puskas, golden boot) he’s already a legend.

Luvf

Goal goal goal goal goal
Sons GB was great but the way all his teammates played and poured on to give him the goal was impressive. All bode well for the next season.

Help me out, we had an argument during the match yesterday when I said that during his spell in Tottenham Son wasn’t linked once with an exit. Is it true because I can’t remember any club sniffing around him

Mental how many off them where after Christmas

Without doing the math looks like a good 3/4 of them are after Conteball really started to take effect on the team

Exciting to see what he does next year with a pre season off it and hopefully some more guile and creativity in midfield and wingbacks

Defo our man goalscorer now it would seem even ahead of Harry

Mental how many off them where after Christmas

Without doing the math looks like a good 3/4 of them are after Conteball really started to take effect on the team

Exciting to see what he does next year with a pre season off it and hopefully some more guile and creativity in midfield and wingbacks

Defo our man goalscorer now it would seem even ahead of Harry
Pretty evident to me that Conte has been grooming him to be our main goal scorer. Son’s role now is more of a poacher and a bit similar to Ronaldo’s transition when he moved to RM. I always thought this was the best way to use Son given his talents as a scorer and efficiency in front of goal.

I don’t see him wasting too much energy or focus away from scoring goals next season.

Tottenham idol issues 'incredible' Son Heung-min verdict after 'baffling' Saturday development​

Paul Robinson is “baffled as to why” Tottenham forward Son Heung-min is not put in the same bracket as Kevin De Bruyne and Mohamed Salah.

Speaking exclusively to Football Insider, the former White Hart Lane number one claimed the 29-year-old’s goal record is “incredible” when it’s taken into account that he doesn’t take penalties.

Man City midfielder De Bruyne beat Son and Salah to the Premier League‘s Player of the Season award on Saturday.

De Bruyne has been talismanic for Pep Guardiola’s this term and has registered 15 goals and seven assists along the way.

Son has contributed 21 goals and nine assists in a Spurs team more than 20 points behind Man City and Liverpool.

When asked by Football Insider’s Dylan Childs if Son should have won the award, Robinson said: “There was a real case for him to be the player of the year.

“The talk is always about De Bruyne and Salah but Son is up there with them for goals and assists every season. He has to be talked about more. He is in the same bracket.

“When you look at his goal tally and factor in that he has not taken penalties, it’s incredible.

“If Salah was half the player he was in the first half of the season after the African Cup of Nations he would have walked it. But his performances have dipped.

“De Bruyne has been on a different planet recently. He has been outstanding but Sonny has been up there with him.

“You have to remember Son does it every week in a Spurs team not as good as City or Liverpool. I find it baffling as to why he’s not talked about in the same bracket as these other players.”

Help me out, we had an argument during the match yesterday when I said that during his spell in Tottenham Son wasn’t linked once with an exit. Is it true because I can’t remember any club sniffing around him
He himself wanted to leave after the 1st season.

"I came close to leaving," he told Standard Sport. "I went to the gaffer's office and told him I didn't feel comfortable and wanted to leave for Germany."

Son says the biggest reason for his change of heart was gaining the trust of Pochettino.

"The gaffer trusted me and I am so grateful," Son added.

"He made my dream come true. I am more than grateful [to him] - it is difficult to say. I have worked four years with the gaffer. It is just amazing."

Top Bottom