Heung-Min Son (손흥민)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

CarrieFi

Pull my hair like you’re Cuti Romero

Of course Dier knows how to speak some Korean now as well.

Walking talking dictionary.

Just watched it, I really want to try a Korean BBQ now

the simpsons GIF

Don Hutchison has claimed that there is ‘no comparison’ between Tottenham forward, Heung-Min Son, and the £100 million man, Jack Grealish.

The former midfielder added that Son is an ‘unreal’ player for Spurs and he would cost just as much as the £100 million Manchester City paid for Grealish.

Last summer, Manchester City broke a clause in Grealish’s Aston Villa contract that saw him make a British transfer record fee to the Etihad.

Grealish’s debut campaign in Manchester hasn’t gone as he would have liked, in terms of performances, with only three goals and three assists this term, Son scored as many goals at Villa Park.

Nonetheless, Hutchison made it clear on Premier League Productions (23/05/22 at 12:45 pm) that Grealish isn’t on the level of the Premier League’s latest Golden Boot winner.

“Unreal,” said Hutchison. “When you think of Pep spending £100 million on Jack Grealish, but at the minute, Grealish and Son, there is no comparison is there?! I mean what a player!

“I think he’s 29. But a young 29, isn’t he?! He’s never a problem to the manager. Always fit. Standards are high.

“If they had to buy Son now. £100 million? I don’t know how much he would cost. Ridiculous player.”

Don Hutchison has claimed that there is ‘no comparison’ between Tottenham forward, Heung-Min Son, and the £100 million man, Jack Grealish.

The former midfielder added that Son is an ‘unreal’ player for Spurs and he would cost just as much as the £100 million Manchester City paid for Grealish.

Last summer, Manchester City broke a clause in Grealish’s Aston Villa contract that saw him make a British transfer record fee to the Etihad.

Grealish’s debut campaign in Manchester hasn’t gone as he would have liked, in terms of performances, with only three goals and three assists this term, Son scored as many goals at Villa Park.

Nonetheless, Hutchison made it clear on Premier League Productions (23/05/22 at 12:45 pm) that Grealish isn’t on the level of the Premier League’s latest Golden Boot winner.

“Unreal,” said Hutchison. “When you think of Pep spending £100 million on Jack Grealish, but at the minute, Grealish and Son, there is no comparison is there?! I mean what a player!

“I think he’s 29. But a young 29, isn’t he?! He’s never a problem to the manager. Always fit. Standards are high.

“If they had to buy Son now. £100 million? I don’t know how much he would cost. Ridiculous player.”
Is there even one person on this site that would swap them? Doubt it....

Last edited:

£100m?

Cracking Up Lol GIF by HULU

Keep dreaming lol. Hand over the keys to the Man City treasury, and Pep personally polish Levy's bald head to a mirror shine every morning, and maybe he'd consider it.

I feel like they felt they had to nominate a son goal because of top scorer… that’s a great shot but nowhere near a goal of the season. For a goal of the season, there really has to be a uniqueness to it and that’s just a curler. (Unless they factor in his dribbling in the build up but they don’t show that on the video).

Luvf

Goal goal goal goal goal
I feel like they felt they had to nominate a son goal because of top scorer… that’s a great shot but nowhere near a goal of the season. For a goal of the season, there really has to be a uniqueness to it and that’s just a curler. (Unless they factor in his dribbling in the build up but they don’t show that on the video).

I think they had to give one for the Hojbjergs reaction

Is there even one person on this site that would swap them? Doubt it....

Much as I have no time for the overly confident and in my opinion overrated Grealish, it's just a stupid, lazy and grossly unfair comparison.

Not even sure why it was made, as they play in different positions and with managers who expect something separate from each.

One comparison for Son that he does lose, but only just is to Salah. You might throw in Sterling, where Son would win but even that is not like for like in terms of where they play.

And just to state, I do think it's now very close between Salah and Son but the Egyptian would still prevail in my book..... I think, but open to challenge.

But look at Grealish to Ndombele, and as average a season as the City man had had, it would still be way past that waste of money that we paid for.

Last edited:
Moussa Dembele was my all time favorite Spurs player, it is now Sonny and I doubt that position will change anytime soon.

Harry Kane is an incredible player and has been unbelievable for Spurs but there is something just special about Son Heung-Min. I think a huge part of this is the loyalty he displayed to Spurs by signing a contract when Nuno was manager and everything felt so bleak, Son gave the fan base hope in a very dark moment.

His goals are also just absolute belters, his top 10 goals is just worldie after worldie, so he has such an entertainment factor which football fans all love to see!

Up until quite recently I was living in Taiwan, so you bet I would’ve taken a trip over to S. Korea this summer had I still been in that part of the world.

Luvf

Goal goal goal goal goal
Moussa Dembele was my all time favorite Spurs player, it is now Sonny and I doubt that position will change anytime soon.

Harry Kane is an incredible player and has been unbelievable for Spurs but there is something just special about Son Heung-Min. I think a huge part of this is the loyalty he displayed to Spurs by signing a contract when Nuno was manager and everything felt so bleak, Son gave the fan base hope in a very dark moment.

His goals are also just absolute belters, his top 10 goals is just worldie after worldie, so he has such an entertainment factor which football fans all love to see!

Up until quite recently I was living in Taiwan, so you bet I would’ve taken a trip over to S. Korea this summer had I still been in that part of the world.

Dembelle was so good for the Club that Spurs took Ndomebelle in a record fee in hopes of him resembling anything like Dembelle but it flopped so badly.

Kane is Kane an ultimate England goal scorer who is imo onto breaking every scoring record in the league history. Will be better for the club now that he's realized he should put the team more ahead of his personal stats for the club and his own good as well

Son is one of a kind in many ways. I don't think there will be another one quite like him.

And I think his story is just developing into the better parts of his playing career. I am just happy to be watching him play every season and seeing him achieve things with his teammates and club

Much as I have no time for the overly confident and in my opinion overrated Grealish, it's just a stupid, lazy and grossly unfair comparison.

Not even sure why it was made, as they play in different positions and with managers who expect something separate from each.

One comparison for Son that he does lose, but only just is to Salah. You might throw in Sterling, where Son would win but even that is not like for like in terms of where they play.

And just to state, I do think it's now very close between Salah and Son but the Egyptian would still prevail in my book..... I think, but open to challenge.

But look at Grealish to Ndombele, and as average a season as the City man had had, it would still be way past that waste of money that we paid for.
Grealish has in fact often played as a LWF, just like Son - particularly when he played for Villa.

Luvf

Goal goal goal goal goal
And I think Kane could play another 10 plus years playing striker, striker/AM or even a CB on his last year after breaking everyvrecord there is just to show how versatile he is

Top Bottom