Heung-Min Son (손흥민)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Our record against them is one of the best against any other PL side, a decent lineup should be able to get the job done tomorrow. And with Lucas, to be fair to him, I think he’s been our best attacking player for the past month, doesn’t score every match but always up for it and dangerous.
Records don't win matches, as proved today.

Maybe it's understandable, but let's not pretend that he didn't deserve a red card. Overall Pawson was very poor, but he got this and Foyth's red card spot on.

No, soft, he pushed him and Lerma fell down like a little girl. The ref had put pressure on himself because he bottled giving Dier a second yellow.

VAR can't come quick enough, the standard of reffing is at an all time low.

Oh God I've just realised...

He's going to end up winning Player of the Season and get presented with it in a match he can't play after sparking our possible top 4 implosion, isn't he?

giphy.gif

No, it'll be Sissoko who wins the award, to the horror of some people here :sonpoint:

VAR would have sent both off?
VAR allowing enforcing of things like this will largely cut it out, though. Some players do all they can to wind up opponents whenever they know they aren't being watched, and its inevitably the wound up player who ends up suffering if and when they retaliate.

VAR allows all 22 to be watched...so WUM can be caught out and punished, meaning they'll cut the fucking shite and just play football.

LOL. I mean, I was torn between the two and opted for Son.

But now I very much hope it goes to Sissoko. He'd be deserving and it wouldn't be as embarassing as dragging Son out at half time against Everton to receive it.
:kanehand:

I’m torn between the 2 but would be happy if Sissoko got the recognition after sticking with it despite all the abuse he’s gotten. A certain bus conductor might feel thoroughly disgusted though :levyeyes:

VAR allowing enforcing of things like this will largely cut it out, though. Some players do all they can to wind up opponents whenever they know they aren't being watched, and its inevitably the wound up player who ends up suffering if and when they retaliate.

VAR allows all 22 to be watched...so WUM can be caught out and punished, meaning they'll cut the fucking shite and just play football.
VAR won't be fool proof but it will help. But some will still slip through the cracks. Balotelli broke a guys nose last month and got off scott free and ended up getting the guy he injured sent off instead. And the week after he did the same thing but only got a yellow.

But it will help because it will curb the majority of this.

Has Sonny come out and apologised for yesterday
Give him time. He will learn from this. With hindsight he shouldn't have been sent off. Of course though, you do have to keep your cool. We didn't realise what a nasty individual Lermar is. Truly scum of the earth.

Son was stupid and it was totally out of character and as with such things just when we needed it least.

Worse actually was that we did not even have a lead to protect.

He can be excused.

Lets hope he clears his head for Wednesday and does not try too hard.

trouble with son is he has runs of good form, where he scored and looks like a world beater, then his level drops he still try's but things don't come off for him, that we could cope with if the others were taking up his dips in form by scoring, but we just lack goals from other positions, how many goals have our defensive players got us ? (Defenders & DM)

Back
Top Bottom