Heung-Min Son (손흥민)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

he really was bad. we have a couple of options now with Richy and Perisic, hopefully that puts the fear of the maker in him and a few starts from the bench and early pulls will check him. needs to be a whole lot better in games like these

I wouldn't make many assumptions off this game. You had unusual conditions (the heat), a match the officials let get too physical, and a good plan by Tuchel which kept any of the forward three for Spurs from doing much in the first half. Conte was obviously right to keep the defense aligned as it was through halftime and he again made the right call when he brought in Richarlison. It simply wasn't a game conducive to getting Son (or Kane, or Kulu) much of the ball in the first half. Son will be fine.

youre one of the chief mushrooms that havent got a clue what youre watching lol silly little clown.

no point even debating with a simpleton like you because its a waste of time, dont have the brain capacity to understand something so simple.
You clearly are a troll. All your posts are negative especially Son even when he plays well. Shut your trap and go suck on your moms nipples and grow up.

So him being involved in the first goal is 0. Gave James an early Yellow still a 0?
He always plays poorly against Chelsea. They know how to shut him down.

The way to stop Son is to have a decent defender man mark him throughout the game (Reece James) and put constant pressure on him, making him play with his back to goal. That's all there is to it.

Son still hasn't been able to find a way to crack Chelsea. But in all fairness to him, it doesn't help that we were getting slammed until Richarlison sort of opened up the game for us by applying pressure up top.

I said it last season and I'll say it again his general play in game has declined dramatically and he's well below average in terms of build up play keeping hold of the ball and making the right decisions with the ball. He drastically improved on his final product like deliveries into the box and finishing (although I believe he should shoot more) his conversion rate is insane. He needs to wake the fuck up next week.

Proper 0/10.
thats being kind. lost the ball for the first goal, way out of position for the second goal...so he cost us both goals. lost the ball every time he got it which resulted in us being on the back foot majority of the game! think a 0 is being kind.

oh and he also allowed james to cross far too easily which should of resulted in a goal for them.

thats being kind. lost the ball for the first goal, way out of position for the second goal...so he cost us both goals. lost the ball every time he got it which resulted in us being on the back foot majority of the game! think a 0 is being kind.

oh and he also allowed james to cross far too easily which should of resulted in a goal for them.
Yeah, but you can't criticise certain players in this team, people act like you're calling their wife a fat ugly whore.

didnt he score an absolutely insane goal asgainst them a few years back? I know its just the one goal... but its harsh to say he always plays poorly against them
I took a look at his track record against Chelsea in recent seasons and from what I remember, he's got like 1 or 2 goals against them in the last 4 seasons. His worst output against any PL team. Chelsea really makes him look anonymous.

Has a tendency to go through runs of bad form, unfortunately he’s in one of those now.

But we know he always bounces back, so just have to ride it out.

Yeah, that was his poorest game in quite a while.

He wasn't particularly good against Southampton either (Though credit to him, got a fantastic assist). I could see him being dropped for Richarlison next week.

It's no enigma really, Son thrives on his confidence.

It's the most annoying aspect of his game, because once he scores one, all of sudden his touch will be excellence and he'll attempt (with success) some great runs on the ball.

Yeah, that was his poorest game in quite a while.

He wasn't particularly good against Southampton either (Though credit to him, got a fantastic assist). I could see him being dropped for Richarlison next week.
A lot of people were calling for him to be dropped for Bergwijn at some point last season. Conte refused.

The fact that he is so good at shooting makes it really tempting for managers to keep him on just in case he just bangs one in.

Back
Top Bottom