Heung-Min Son (손흥민)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Needs a rest from starting line up I think, played in the summer as well for Korea.
Kane hasn't been that great but has been influencing the last 2 games.

Players play within the context of the manager's plan. I don't second guess Conte because his strategy works, but like a lot of Italian managers he will start the game in a defensive posture and only open up once his team has scored. Against Chelsea the front three didn't get opportunities in the first half because Spurs were packed back in a 5-4-1 when Chelsea had the ball. So how do you judge Son in that game? Today was a little more open with some first half periods of good possession, but still not aggressive. In both games Richarlison, to his credit, came it with fresh legs (and in the context of half-time adjustments) and played well. But if the situation had been reversed in either game and Richarlison had started and Son came off the bench people would be saying Richarlison was a bust and why are we not playing Son more. Happy Spurs have Son, happy Spurs have Richarlison. Seems a bit unfair that people turn on players so quickly, especially one who has done so much for the team.

Don't really like to share stuff from the Daily Mail.. but this sort of gesture sickens me.. absolute scum:
[URLunfurl="true"]Hunt for Chelsea fan over racist gesture at Tottenham's Son Hueng-Min
...and anyone is surprised because....?
Cuti pulled the guys hair... That doesn't even touch the surface..

Chelsea fans have been Zeig Heiling us FOR DECADES!
But it's OK, cos now they've moved on to 'Slitty Eyeing'!

Chelsea are looking into an incident of possible racist abuse aimed at Son by a supporter
Why is it 'alleged' or 'possible' ...? They guy is doing a slitty eye gesture towards Hung Min Son.... What the fuck ELSE is it supposed to be?

But this ain't anything new...

For all the empty Chelsea media quotes about "this doesn't represent our club, we won't tolerate this type of behaviour..."
Well sorry, but YES IT DOES, AND YES YOU HAVE....
Far Right, Neo-Nazi Racism DEFINES your support... It has done since I can remember...

...it's the MINORITY who DON'T do it!
That's who you need to sort out.... They're ruining it for the rest of them!

Last edited:
I know son does his thing where he is poor for a while and then scores 10 in 10 but he is a pace dependent player that is now 30.

One of these times he won’t be able to snap out of it.

Maybe once we get to playing in Europe, it will benefit him
I think him being pace dependent player is a massive misconception. If you look at his goals over the past 2 seasons.. many of them have nothing to do with pace. Yes maybe acceleration and great timing of his runs etc..

...and anyone is surprised because....?
Cuti pulled the guys hair... That doesn't even touch the surface..

Chelsea fans have been Zeig Heiling us FOR DECADES!
But it's OK, cos now they've moved on to 'Slitty Eyeing'!

Why is it 'alleged' or 'possible' ...? They guy is doing a slitty eye gesture towards Hung Min Son.... What the fuck ELSE is it supposed to be?

But this ain't anything new...

For all the empty Chelsea media quotes about "this doesn't represent our club, we won't tolerate this type of behaviour..."
Well sorry, but YES IT DOES, AND YES YOU HAVE....
Far Right, Neo-Nazi Racism DEFINES your support... It has done since I can remember...

...it's the MINORITY who DON'T do it!
That's who you need to sort out.... They're ruining it for the rest of them!
What a sub-human cunt of a man. Find him. Ban him.

Players play within the context of the manager's plan. I don't second guess Conte because his strategy works, but like a lot of Italian managers he will start the game in a defensive posture and only open up once his team has scored. Against Chelsea the front three didn't get opportunities in the first half because Spurs were packed back in a 5-4-1 when Chelsea had the ball. So how do you judge Son in that game? Today was a little more open with some first half periods of good possession, but still not aggressive. In both games Richarlison, to his credit, came it with fresh legs (and in the context of half-time adjustments) and played well. But if the situation had been reversed in either game and Richarlison had started and Son came off the bench people would be saying Richarlison was a bust and why are we not playing Son more. Happy Spurs have Son, happy Spurs have Richarlison. Seems a bit unfair that people turn on players so quickly, especially one who has done so much for the team.
On the contrary my fear is that if you start Rich then you lose the option for an impact player.

Son is not someone that comes on with 15 mins to go and tears about like a maniac upsetting the opposition defence.

Obviously the hope is that starting Rich when he looks this menacing means you're 2 nil up at HT and don't need Son to come on and make an impact.

On the contrary my fear is that if you start Rich then you lose the option for an impact player.

Son is not someone that comes on with 15 mins to go and tears about like a maniac upsetting the opposition defence.

Obviously the hope is that starting Rich when he looks this menacing means you're 2 nil up at HT and don't need Son to come on and make an impact.
if youre 2-0 up and bring son on then thats the biggest impact sub going as he will actually be able to get in behind as other team chasing.

son is a passenger in a lot of games, we would be far better starting rich. if that fails then we was going to struggle anyway. rich deserves a start now, cant keep playing players out of form, eventually it will make us pay.

Pace and finishing. Decent crosser. He’s always been poor in build up
Not talking about the build up.. but the idea that he solely relies on pace is wrong.. that's all. He is so 2 footed, arguably more than any other player in the PL. And then he is a great finisher.. again one ofbthe best in the league.

Those 2 attributes are something so hard to find. And if you add in good pace and a good cross on him like you mentioned then you have something that is so incredibly hard to find.

Son is quality and I would never try and suggest we need to replace or improve on him, but its clear from his career at Spurs that he goes through hot and cold spells. Always been this way, and unfortunately it looks like we're going through a bit of a cold spell at the minute, but when things click he stays hot for a while. Let's hope that he can find that streak soon.

He did get as assist against Southampton and won the golden boot only last season so no worries at all from me.

For me the reassuring thing is he is getting in the right positions and still having chances but for whatever reasons he's not quite taking those chances.

Class player though, wouldn't drop him anytime soon.

Back
Top Bottom