Heung-Min Son (손흥민)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Really shrewd gamble.

Levy, take a bow.

:levywhoa:
> tfw Levy convinced Son that taking a pay cut but paying for 5 years was a good deal because of the military service.

GvB7eQD.gif

Probably, but why on earth would he do that? Could play in two more World Cups, and won't have to piss about with the Asian or Olympic games now.
I'm not saying he should, just playing devils advocate! It's clear to see he loves his country, and there are always Koreans at our home games who love Sonny too.

Imagine if he offers to do national service when he retires from football, do they do knighthoods in South Korea?:sonhmm:

I'm not saying he should, just playing devils advocate! It's clear to see he loves his country, and there are always Koreans at our home games who love Sonny too.

Imagine if he offers to do national service when he retires from football, do they do knighthoods in South Korea?:sonhmm:
I think he still has to do some, although I think it's more a matter of weeks rather than 21 months...I'm sure there are more knowledgeable people in here to confirm it.

Son and his 19 mates - Gold
Spurs- Silver
Korean football fans who get to see the favorite Son back on the pitch not on some military ground - Bronze

I really hope the new Korean National squad manager doesn't call Son up for the upcoming intl week over some stupid friendly matchs

Incredible news. So happy for him I couldn't post earlier because I was out and about helping a mate deliver windows all over London (we were supposed to be going on an all day bender and he lured me in to going to places like Gravesend doing deliveries the bastard!

Wonderful news, better than any result we've had this season yet and if you'd offered me a delay to the stadium but Sonny wins gold I'd have taken that all day long. We get a champion coming back to us, one that doesn't have to throw away two years of his life or career because of some national rule. This could do all sorts for his confidence and for the teams camaraderie.

Quick question..... what happens if one of his teammates fails a doping test? Just hedging my bests because that would be awful if something like that happened :s

Congratulations Sonny, you're well and truly one of us

Hang on guys, I've just had a thought;
Son given a 5 year contract, even though at the time he had to do national service.
Spurs sign no one during the transfer window.
Where has all the money gone ? Is it now being divided up from an account in Japan.
:gallashmm:
:kaneshh:

Back
Top Bottom