Heung-Min Son (손흥민)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

When we win the big prize Son will be there front and center because he works so hard and never gives in!

I'd like to think he appreciates how supportive we've been with his international commitments. Will it have 'bought' his loyalty? ...Only time will tell. One has to wonder if he fancies being the 'main man' at a club at some point. Being as good as he is but not being a cert starter is somewhat of an anomaly.

I think Sonny is different type of player than most of the primadonna goal scoring types we are so used to. I remember this past asian games, he allowed Hwang to take the pk even thought he was captain and unquestionably the best player on the team, just to help get Hwangs confidence up by getting on the score sheet. Sure, he loves to score goals and can have tunnel vision at times (but what kind of top scorer doesn't), but he has always had a team first mentality for any team he's been on.

Love them both and both have had their differing influences on Tottenham. Gareth undoubtedly was world class for a leat two years but Sonny also brings something really special which is the team spirit as is evident in that video.
So many footballers comment that you need an element of team togetherness and when you look at them all together with Poch we have that in abundance and Sonny is pivotal to it with his infectious smile. COYS.

I'd like to think he appreciates how supportive we've been with his international commitments. Will it have 'bought' his loyalty? ...Only time will tell. One has to wonder if he fancies being the 'main man' at a club at some point. Being as good as he is but not being a cert starter is somewhat of an anomaly.
He is on track to be the teams 2nd best scorer 3 years in a row behind kane and he starts most games. I think he is happy.

I would say Son has improved tremendously since he came. For the first season or two he was a good finisher but his all round pressing and link play was to say the least very frustrating.

Now he still gets lots of goals but his all round game has improved vastly, I used sometimes prefer him out of the team as we seemed not to play well with him in it, now it’s the opposite, we look a better team with him in.

I see Moura in some way as similar to Son’s first season or two, he is scoring goals but not yet linking as well as needed. Over time I think/hope this will change as well.

I would say Son has improved tremendously since he came. For the first season or two he was a good finisher but his all round pressing and link play was to say the least very frustrating.

Now he still gets lots of goals but his all round game has improved vastly, I used sometimes prefer him out of the team as we seemed not to play well with him in it, now it’s the opposite, we look a better team with him in.

I see Moura in some way as similar to Son’s first season or two, he is scoring goals but not yet linking as well as needed. Over time I think/hope this will change as well.

I think the reason Son loves Spurs so much is because being around Kane, Eriksen, Dele etc has rubbed off on him - he came in with raw potential but now he's a product of our club, hope he stays forever.

I think the reason Son loves Spurs so much is because being around Kane, Eriksen, Dele etc has rubbed off on him - he came in with raw potential but now he's a product of our club, hope he stays forever.
Unlike other clubs this team has great chemistry. Son had some problems with his teammates at other clubs like this one when he was at Hamburger-

Hamburg have confirmed they have suspended defender Slobodan Rajkovic until further notice after a training ground bust-up with Son Heung-min on Friday.

The pair clahsed after exchanging insults during training with Tolgay
Arslan, who was nearby, needing treatment for a cut after accidentally being
struck in the head during the melee.

Hamburg coach Thorsten Fink has blamed Rajkovic for the incident and suspended
him from training with immediate effect.
Untitled-1.jpg

hsv6-jpg.jpg

Slobodan+Rajkovic+vs+Heung-Min+Son,.jpg

Is Son being portrayed as somekind of poor social misfit who struggled at every club but found the perfect giving team mates here that enabled him to grow from just a good shooter to a equally giving team player?

Unlike other clubs this team has great chemistry. Son had some problems with his teammates at other clubs like this one when he was at Hamburger-

Untitled-1.jpg

hsv6-jpg.jpg

Slobodan+Rajkovic+vs+Heung-Min+Son,.jpg

Do we take from pic 1 & 3 that Sonny knocked the cunt the fuck out, kung-fu stylee?

...OUR Sonny?

:pochsmirk:

:sonpoint:

Bale was on a different level. He was capable of dragging a weaker Spurs team by the scruff and carried us on so many occasions.
It's a really good debate.

Bale had that 'x' factor that the whole ground would feel when he was on the ball, none more so in 2012 when he was on the left, the noise of seats simultaneously clacking as in unison thousands of people would stand up in anticipation when he was running at the oppo will be a memory to live with me for a long while (I enjoyed watching him more that year than when he was given the freedom to play anywhere across the front).

I'd also say that he didn't drag us anywhere, we were becoming a very solid team, despite is boring football, AVB turned us into a much harder team to beat, we became accustomed to the semi-circle of death around the oppo penalty box and Bale was the player to often find the net from 25yrds (Gazza's '91 season is what I call dragging a team along, he also galvanized it not only his ability but his presence was just as important).

I've always said this since Poch became our manager and nothing I've seen yet has made me changed my mind and that is I don't think Bale will get into this side. The reason, he's selfsih. He will not track back or press. Since Poch has arrived name me a player that has done a solo lap at the end of a game? We are also now hearing stories that he didn't train much with the team!!!

Bale is an incredible player but I'd pick Son over him every time. It's a team game and this is our strength and Son a key cog in the team.

Bale had that 'x' factor that the whole ground would feel when he was on the ball, none more so in 2012 when he was on the left, the noise of seats simultaneously clacking as in unison thousands of people would stand up in anticipation when he was running at the oppo will be a memory to live with me for a long while (I enjoyed watching him more that year than when he was given the freedom to play anywhere across the front).

I'd also say that he didn't drag us anywhere, we were becoming a very solid team, despite is boring football, AVB turned us into a much harder team to beat, we became accustomed to the semi-circle of death around the oppo penalty box and Bale was the player to often find the net from 25yrds (Gazza's '91 season is what I call dragging a team along, he also galvanized it not only his ability but his presence was just as important).

I've always said this since Poch became our manager and nothing I've seen yet has made me changed my mind and that is I don't think Bale will get into this side. The reason, he's selfsih. He will not track back or press. Since Poch has arrived name me a player that has done a solo lap at the end of a game? We are also now hearing stories that he didn't train much with the team!!!

Bale is an incredible player but I'd pick Son over him every time. It's a team game and this is our strength and Son a key cog in the team.

Bale was an absolute superstar. I love Sonny but there's no way I'm choosing him over Gareth if I had the choice to, never in a million years

I must also add that you make some valid points, but Gareth Bale was so special I honestly think a Bale in our team and we'd be winning the league. Can you imagine him, Kane, Eriksen & Dele in the same forward four? I can't think of a better one in world football in all honesty it would destroy teams

I must also add that you make some valid points, but Gareth Bale was so special I honestly think a Bale in our team and we'd be winning the league. Can you imagine him, Kane, Eriksen & Dele in the same forward four? I can't think of a better one in world football in all honesty it would destroy teams

Eriksen / xxx / Dele
Bale / Kane / Son

Oooof! :angryscouser:

Back
Top Bottom