Heung-Min Son (손흥민)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

OF course, but you'd have to admit that Son's inconsistency is a bit more extreme.

He's amazing when on form but pretty bad when he's not.

But I accept this, it's just who he is. No player is perfect and consistency happens to be Son's weakness. I can accept his rough patches because his purple patches are just so spectacular.

IMO, Kane and Ali were way more inconsistent than Son this season.

No-one did.

Being injurred isn't a "rest".

He did get home from the WC earlier than most of our boys tho.

He played in 3 tournaments....

He’s always been like that though. It’s just the way he is.

He’s one of my favorite players too but we can’t deny that his form has extreme ups and downs.

He's been known for inconsistency since he was in Bundesliga. But we need to compliment him for having one of the best seasons ever even tho he had to leave the team multiple times for tournaments.

He played in 3 tournaments....

So? ..... Spurs had to play on in his absence.

He's been known for inconsistency since he was in Bundesliga.

Then why run away from the fact.

But we need to compliment him for having one of the best seasons ever even tho

Fine, but that shouldn't need to be propped up by comments about other players being poor. This is my main issue with your comments.

he had to leave the team multiple times for his NT.

See above... Everyone had to play on regardless.

Meamwhile, the bulk of our players have international commitments.

This isn't Son FC - We are Tottenham.

I don't get why he's so inconsistent. Perhaps a mental/confidence issue? There was a stretch of about 6-8 games this year where he looked like a second coming of Ronaldo but towards the end of the season, he looked more like a K-league player.

So? ..... Spurs had to play on in his absence.

Then why run away from the fact.

Fine, but that shouldn't need to be propped up by comments about other players being poor. This is my main issue with your comments.

See above... Everyone had to play on regardless.

Meamwhile, the bulk of our players have international commitments.

This isn't Son FC - We are Tottenham.

And what is YOUR point? You argued against my OP saying Son barely had any rests by saying he came home earlier than others from WC, and I just told you that he played in 3 tournaments. WTF are you trying to say? No one is "running away" from the fact. Im actually stating facts here. It's the fact that Son had the least time to rest during the season.

I don't get why he's so inconsistent. Perhaps a mental/confidence issue? There was a stretch of about 6-8 games this year where he looked like a second coming of Ronaldo but towards the end of the season, he looked more like a K-league player.

Probably mentality + exhaustion. Also, he seems to have hard time when he's marked + plays against defensive teams.

And what is YOUR point? You argued against my OP saying Son barely had any rests by saying he came home earlier than others from WC, and I just told you that he played in 3 tournaments. WTF are you trying to say? No one is "running away" from the fact. Im actually stating facts here. It's the fact that Son had the least time to rest during the season.

Playing dumb doesn't mean you 'win'.

Re-visit my comments. Everything is there.

Everything you've said is to give Sonny the proverbial pass, but as already said ultimately in bigging Sonny up, your praise "shouldn't need to be propped up by comments about other players being poor. This is my main issue with your comments."

Sonny HASN'T been any more consistent. As always he was patchy as fuck....

Playing dumb doesn't mean you 'win'.

Re-visit my comments. Everything is there.

Everything you've said is to give Sonny the proverbial pass, but as already said ultimately in bigging Sonny up, your praise "shouldn't need to be propped up by comments about other players being poor. This is my main issue with your comments."

Sonny HASN'T been any more consistent. As always he was patchy as fuck....
You are the one who needs to revisit my comments.

So you can say Son was inconsistent as fk but I cant say other players were inconsistent as well? And I was just stating my opinion, which the media seems to agree with, that Ali was way more inconsistent than Son. It's a fact that Ali performed WAY better last season.

So you can say Son was inconsistent as fk but I cant say other players were inconsistent as well? And I was just stating my opinion, which the media seems to agree with, that Ali was way more inconsistent than Son. It's a fact that Ali did WAY better last season.

Yours is a very childish take on things and one that reeks of fanboy-ism.

Was Son consistent?

No.

End discussion.

Son was bought for 22million pounds..... in comparaison, before the Neymar transfer, Ozil joined Woolwich for £42.5m, Andy Carroll joined Liverpool for £35m and Man Utd bought Di Maria for £60m in 2014.... You don't get Messi or Christiano Ronaldo for £20m. He's an excellent player for the money the club spent on him

Son was bought for 22million pounds..... in comparaison, before the Neymar transfer, Ozil joined Woolwich for £42.5m, Andy Carroll joined Liverpool for £35m and Man Utd bought Di Maria for £60m in 2014.... You don't get Messi or Christiano Ronaldo for £20m. He's an excellent player for the money the club spent on him

No one’s disageeing with that, you’re absolutely right; we got him for a bargain and it was an absolute steal.

But it’s also true that his form is very volatile. I don’t, and I’m sure most Spurs fans don’t resent him for it because his hot streaks are just so amazing. But it’s true that he goes through some bad patches, like last year when he went without scoring for I can’t remember exactly but something like half a year.

It’s just how he is and I’m sure most Spurs fans appreciate him in spite of it.

Yours is a very childish take on things and one that reeks of fanboy-ism.

Was Son consistent?

No.

End discussion.

You apparently cant fking read. I've been saying Son is inconsistent. Never said he isnt. Arent you the one who said "dont run away from facts"? Get your fking facts straight, idiot. This is why ppl need more education in literature. Some ppl just dont know how to argue shit. Ignored.

He's undoubtedly been a great signing for the Spurs however he's no longer that young up and coming player - he's exceeded a lot of expectations and shown that he can play at a world class level. Expectations of him has risen. On that basis, the point that a lot of critics are trying to make is that he's inconsistent when compared to other top level attackers in the league/world, often not playing up to his full potential. There's a reason why Spurs won rather consistently when he was on form/scored this season.

You apparently cant fking read. I've been saying Son is inconsistent. Never said he isnt. Arent you the one who said "dont run away from facts"? Get your fking facts straight, idiot. This is why ppl need more education in literature. Some ppl just dont know how to argue shit. Ignored.

I can read.... You're struggling to comprehend. It's ok... :)

Back
Top Bottom