Heung-Min Son (손흥민)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Serious question:

All things considered (transfer fee, goals, attitude, commitment, appearances), is Son our best signing of the last 15+ years?

Bale is the only other player that would come close, and I'd say at this point Son has surpassed Bale.

Valid question.

He’s not at Bale levels. I think we forget how much of a monster he was. He was getting close to best player in the world levels at the end of that season.

The more intriguing question is how he compares to Kane.

Serious question:

All things considered (transfer fee, goals, attitude, commitment, appearances), is Son our best signing of the last 15+ years?

Bale is the only other player that would come close, and I'd say at this point Son has surpassed Bale.
Bale could literally turn a game on its head: there was always the expectation that he’d be able to do something. That’s not really there with Sonny- he has a much stronger team around him.

With Bale, he was the catalyst (although we’re down to 1 1/2 left standing) of the success we have at the moment with his sale - and the profile he raised so effectively.

Not sure Sonny has quite the range and athleticism of Bale - but different players (same with the question about Kane, tbh).

Loved / love watching both play.

Just checked and Son has played two less games for us than Bale, and scored five more goals.

I appreciate that Bale played many games as a fullback, but that’s still impressive.

Bale's most prolific season was spent as the focal point of our attack....

Sonny is usually part of the supporting cast.

Big up!!!

So bus-conductor bus-conductor & Kevin83 Kevin83 are we going to get a sorry lads i got this wrong or do you stilll feel son is not a tottenham player

Firstly, why are you lumping me in with Kev Jong-Un ?

Secondly, why the fuck would I apologise to anyone, let alone you lot. What I said I stand by, Son's pressing and general defensive work over most of his time with us has been shoddy.

but I within a two days of saying that I came in here and gave him credit for the work he'd done subsequently:

It's not like I was saying he's shit and we should flog him is it, far from it, I even quoted/disagreed with Chairman Kev when he said it, and I said as one of our most productive players I hope Mourinho just works with him and improves that side of his game, which I think these first few games would suggest he is/has.

Last edited:
Bale could win a game by himself and create a goal out of nowhere. His one fault would be that he’s injury prone and he should have left RM two years ago. I think Bale had the potential to be the best player in the world, that’s how highly I rate him. Ronaldo and Messi have a machine like mentality. Had he had similar, he would have been up there.

Son is not that far behind though and I’d probably say on the whole, he was our second Best Buy of the last 15 years.

We have two, undeniable, world class players in our team in Son and Kane. If I was Mourinho, I would be setting my team up to get the best out of them. Those two should be aiming for 25+ goals in the EPL every year with Delli getting 10-15 IMO

Jose was right...

79256312_2183872028585112_105915345218306048_n.jpg

Bale could literally turn a game on its head: there was always the expectation that he’d be able to do something. That’s not really there with Sonny- he has a much stronger team around him.

With Bale, he was the catalyst (although we’re down to 1 1/2 left standing) of the success we have at the moment with his sale - and the profile he raised so effectively.

Not sure Sonny has quite the range and athleticism of Bale - but different players (same with the question about Kane, tbh).

Loved / love watching both play.
Not saying who is better...
But that is not fair to Sonny. He was never given the task to do it since we have Kane. But when Kane was injured he shouldered the burden and led the team in attack very well. (We went to UCL finals without Kane) If given the task, I think he can pull it off.

Back
Top Bottom