Heung-Min Son (손흥민)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Sonny in episode six playing down his injury and trying to avoid getting an xray.

:pochcry:
He’s rapidly becoming my favourite player of the current team, just an all round good bloke.

Funny, works hard, wants to win, doesn’t moan, never flirts with other clubs or the media in any way, always smiling, and would die for his team mates.

I love kane but in recent years I’ve just felt an air of aloofness about him, as if he knows he is leaving eventually, I don’t get that feeling from sonny.

He’s rapidly becoming my favourite player of the current team, just an all round good bloke.

Funny, works hard, wants to win, doesn’t moan, never flirts with other clubs or the media in any way, always smiling, and would die for his team mates.

I love kane but in recent years I’ve just felt an air of aloofness about him, as if he knows he is leaving eventually, I don’t get that feeling from sonny.

I don't think Kane is aloof. He's just got that tunnel vision of a top professional who knows he's one of the very best at what he does.

Son is just ebullient. A real diamond to have in the team.

Son is just more dangerous as a striker. he can score goals obviously, but He can also create all kind of havoc upfront because he's so fast closing on goalkeeper and defenders. I know it's just preseason but our pressing has been excellent last two games. Something we haven't seen this team do well for a while.

I really hope they don't move son back to wing once kane is back in the lineup. It will be very disappointing.

Son absolutely needs to play up top with or without Kane.

They are no match for the entire population of South Korea
If you think that what do you think they would take home when they see the ugly here discrimination hipocracy just to name a few

Last edited:
I don't think that's a long term solution but i'm pretty sure that it's one JM will revert to very shortly.
Spurs have gotten good results with Son playing up top. And all those results have been without Kane playing.
Itd be interesting to see what would happen putting Kane in a playmaking role and using Sonnys speed to create havoc against opposing defenses.
It’s worth a try.

Elephant in the room for 2 years is the team play better and more dynamic with son uptop stretching teams. Kane is a top goalscorer but physically playing on the shoulder, beating a man, running the channels. Those days have gone. Paul merson asks today why utd or city havent come in for kane. Everyone knows hes on the decline physically. Great goalscorer but couple bad injuries too many. All he does now at 9 is come towards the ball

Spurs have gotten good results with Son playing up top. And all those results have been without Kane playing.
Itd be interesting to see what would happen putting Kane in a playmaking role and using Sonnys speed to create havoc against opposing defenses.
It’s worth a try.
4-4-2 with Kane and Son up top would be great. See the Woolwich performance.

Elephant in the room for 2 years is the team play better and more dynamic with son uptop stretching teams. Kane is a top goalscorer but physically playing on the shoulder, beating a man, running the channels. Those days have gone. Paul merson asks today why utd or city havent come in for kane. Everyone knows hes on the decline physically. Great goalscorer but couple bad injuries too many. All he does now at 9 is come towards the ball
Lets try it again thursday and rest Kane for sunday.

When I said Kane could play as AM some people laugh, but is a fact we are now the most predictable team in the League. With him as a striker and without Lo Celso, Ndombele and Lamela we don't have at least 1 creative player and the most we can do is just load crosses in the box hoping for a miracle. Wonder why Mourinho wants Sorloth...

I think people have selective Memories. Kane was missing for a few months this season and we were fucking Dog Shit.

Son is a fantastic athlete and a decent goal scorer, but he is a headless chicken. Doesn't hold the ball up well either.

I think people have selective Memories. Kane was missing for a few months this season and we were fucking Dog Shit.

Son is a fantastic athlete and a decent goal scorer, but he is a headless chicken. Doesn't hold the ball up well either.

Wrong. We went downhill after Son went down last season.

We went 3-1-1 in league games when Kane went down but Son was playing. The loss was to Liverpool and we had a win against Man City. We also advanced in the third and fourth rounds of the FA cup.

And if you're memory isn't too selective, we had an AMAZING run toe the CL final all without Kane.

Wrong. We went downhill after Son went down last season.

We went 3-1-1 in league games when Kane went down but Son was playing. The loss was to Liverpool and we had a win against Man City. We also advanced in the third and fourth rounds of the FA cup.

And if you're memory isn't too selective, we had an AMAZING run toe the CL final all without Kane.
I'm not saying we haven't ever played well without him, I'm saying we have, on a number of occasions, played badly without him.
And yes, you're right about that run of games.
Flipping it around, Kane came back after lockdown and was easily our best player.

Back
Top Bottom