Heung-Min Son (손흥민)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm not saying we haven't ever played well without him, I'm saying we have, on a number of occasions, played badly without him.
And yes, you're right about that run of games.
Flipping it around, Kane came back after lockdown and was easily our best player.

I think the point that people are trying to make is that we aren't more than a mid-table team at the moment. Top 6 at best with or without Kane. So how do we get better as it currently stands? Complaining about our lack of signings isn't going to do anything. People forget we spent quite a bit of money getting GLC and NDombele.

We've literally tried everything other than trying to utilize Kane differently. We've had success playing Son as our #9 and it would be interesting seeing Kane use his abilities as a #10. At the very least, we become more dynamic and less predictable. It's worth a fcking try but my hunch is that Kane isn't up for it. There are some people in this forum that would rather sell Kane than give this a shot. It's ridiculous.

I suspect a lot of people will get what they want as I very much doubt Kane will be here next season.

His comment was he'll stay as long as he feels spurs are competitive.
Unless we sell 4 or 5 and sign 5 or 6 in the next couple of weeks this season will be a write off before Christmas.

I suspect a lot of people will get what they want as I very much doubt Kane will be here next season.

His comment was he'll stay as long as he feels spurs are competitive.
Unless we sell 4 or 5 and sign 5 or 6 in the next couple of weeks this season will be a write off before Christmas.

Melting HAAAAARD.
tumblr_mviq6isuwP1sqt14jo1_500.gif

I think people have selective Memories. Kane was missing for a few months this season and we were fucking Dog Shit.

Son is a fantastic athlete and a decent goal scorer, but he is a headless chicken. Doesn't hold the ball up well either.
Headless chicken is rather harsh. He doesn't really need to hold the ball up well if he's playing off the last shoulder of the defender and running in behind into space.

Yet he leads the team in assists and one of two players in the league to get double digits in both goals/assists... nitpicking I presume?

:sonhmm:
A bit - maybe I'm being selective with my viewing?
I just feel myself uttering the phrase "fucking Son being greedy again" quite a bit.
I was uttering it against Burnley last season when he ran 567 yards and beat every player in Burnleys entire history to score the goal of the season.

A bit - maybe I'm being selective with my viewing?
I just feel myself uttering the phrase "fucking Son being greedy again" quite a bit.
I was uttering it against Burnley last season when he ran 567 yards and beat every player in Burnleys entire history to score the goal of the season.

I agree that Son is too greedy, but still not half as bad as Kane. We have a greed problem in our club, primarily propagated by our talisman, in my opinion. In English football culture I think there is the idea that a striker should be selfish, but I think that is limiting to said striker's potential and to the team.

Son's greed, or his inability to get his head up and look for teammates, becomes a bigger problem than it could have been had he been our only greedy player when he is teamed up with Kane and Moura: None of them are there to make the others better.

And when the trio are supported by midfielders who can not create. Well then you have the Everton game.

I agree that Son is too greedy, but still not half as bad as Kane. We have a greed problem in our club, primarily propagated by our talisman, in my opinion. In English football culture I think there is the idea that a striker should be selfish, but I think that is limiting to said striker's potential and to the team.

Son's greed, or his inability to get his head up and look for teammates, becomes a bigger problem than it could have been had he been our only greedy player when he is teamed up with Kane and Moura: None of them are there to make the others better.

And when the trio are supported by midfielders who can not create. Well then you have the Everton game.

I'd be interested to see, statistically, how often each players greed has resulted in a goal for each respective player though.
IMO, and it is opinion just from watching, not from stats, Kane is greedy, but also likely to play a pass when he has nothing on at all. Son on the other hand will keep the ball too long when he has no chance and end up tackled.
Not even sure there's a way of even measuring it really. Every time the player gets the ball and the number of times there is either a goal, assist or loss of posession? But then there's shots on target/off taget/blocked etc.

Think it'll stay in the opinion realm

How would it work to irk them? Maybe you could elaborate and enlighten the world again here with your trove of shit

You figure it out.

We've already had deluded comments like "I doubt Sonny even knows who Bale is" from one of the usual suspects.

Last edited:
I'd be interested to see, statistically, how often each players greed has resulted in a goal for each respective player though.
IMO, and it is opinion just from watching, not from stats, Kane is greedy, but also likely to play a pass when he has nothing on at all. Son on the other hand will keep the ball too long when he has no chance and end up tackled.
Not even sure there's a way of even measuring it really. Every time the player gets the ball and the number of times there is either a goal, assist or loss of posession? But then there's shots on target/off taget/blocked etc.

Think it'll stay in the opinion realm

Comparing Kane vs Son's direct goal contributions throughout their Spurs careers, it's interesting to see that Son isn't that far off from Kane when adjusting for minutes played.

Kane
22,469 mins / 189 goals / 30 assists = 219 goal contributions

Son

14,889 mins / 85 goals / 47 assists = 132 goal contributions
*Adjusting for mins played to match Kane you get:
22,469 / 129 / 71 = 200 goal contributions

So comparing apples to apples, Kane's got Son by 19 direct goal contributions but I think that could be explained by penalties. Kane probably has made 30 or more penalties throughout his career.

Back
Top Bottom