Heung-Min Son (손흥민)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I did the same - he had a sprint about the 42nd minute, only a short one but not the sort of thing he could do if he had a significant tear, and he didn't pull up. After that, as you say, he jogged around looking comfortable enough, and walked off normally at half time.

Even though he's a tough bugger, as has been said, there's no way you can even jog on a serious tear - you just can't hide that sort of thing.

Jose was mad at the world when he gave his comments, giving one word answers etc. I wouldn't be shocked if this was just his frustration coming out and Son's injury's not that bad. Fingers crossed.
If he was forced off with a hamstring, unless we're extraordinarily lucky and it's just a tightness, it's minimum 3 weeks. Max 3 months iirc.

If it happens once it's luck. Twice it's a coincidence, every day? It's not luck.
Dunno really. Mourinho's teams didn't get as many injuries when he was at Chelsea or Madrid though did they? And it doesn't seem like he's very fond of sports science so it couldn't have been because he was proactive about injuries in the past. Especially compared to Guardiola who seems like a total geek about these things. Now all of a sudden he's at Spurs and he's getting as many injuries as Poch was getting when he was in charge. Why?

Pundits rarely like to give credit to luck but I'd say in football, luck makes clubs win trophies almost as much as the trophy-winning mentality of players. Luck of the draw in cups, important players not getting any injuries, ref making advantageous big errors in big games - all of these are consistently overlooked when talking about past champions yet almost all the champions had the rub of the green throughout the season.

He's fucked. Out for a year probably just like Hojbjerg was supposed to be out for weeks according to the physio experts on here! Let's wait for some official news.

Last edited:
Kane grew up near the White hart Lane, supported Spurs growing up and came through the academy. It's not favoritism you moron. Fans just have more affinity with someone who comes from a similar working-class background, in an area where it's predominantly Spurs supporters and it's very close to the stadium.
You’re just confirming what I was saying before but thanks. Moving on now.

:kanehand:

I will repeat what I said yesterday...

How exactly does Mourinho know the extent of the injury right after a game?
He doesn't, he said a while. But hamstrings, unless just a tightness (which there is a small chance there is), are a minimum of 3 weeks but a serious tear could be 2-3 months. It's just one of those injuries that have a high floor unfortunately. You can not run off a hamstring injury, you can't use injections. It just makes it worse.

He doesn't, he said a while. But hamstrings, unless just a tightness (which there is a small chance there is), are a minimum of 3 weeks but a serious tear could be 2-3 months. It's just one of those injuries that have a high floor unfortunately. You can not run off a hamstring injury, you can't use injections. It just makes it worse.
Yes but how does he know if its a 3 week job or a 2 to 3 month job. How does he know he "will be out for a long time"

Had we won the game i very much doubt he would have given the same response.

The club usually releases a statement if an injury is serious so I guess. we'll soon seen.

I'm hoping it's just tightness, and he'll be okay for after the international break with Bale too which will be such a boost for us.

The club usually releases a statement if an injury is serious so I guess. we'll soon seen.

I'm hoping it's just tightness, and he'll be okay for after the international break with Bale too which will be such a boost for us.
He had a scan today apparently. So we will probably get a report tomorrow at the pre game press conference before the EL game.

Because he has been in the game a long time and these types of injuries are common.

He didn't give an exact timeline or diagnosis but he has likely seen these types of injuries and knows the general time frame it takes to come back.

After the scan it may turn out to not be as bad but it isn't like some fan is making a a diagnosis of a 3rd degree tear of his medial collateral ligament and that he will be out until December 23rd, it was an experienced manager talking about what he saw and has likely seen a ton over his career.

I'd like to think that Son felt the hamstring tighten and was subbed before it got any worse, hopefully it wont be as bad as we think...crossed fingers time.

I hope that Mou was just trying to get some sympathy, but always assume the worst when it comes to our injuries.

Hopefully worst case it’s a month or so. He played on until HT so I pray it wansn’t that bad.

Who knows - maybe it's a little gamesmanship for upcoming matches. There's really no downside in signaling (whether true or not) to the rest of the league that Son will be out for a lengthy period of time. If anything, if Son is really alright and is able to start against ManU, it'll catch them off guard. I can guarantee youManU are preparing for a match this weekend thinking Son won't be playing.
If Son is really hurt then hell, we're going to have to hope everyone else steps up for the next several weeks.

Who knows - maybe it's a little gamesmanship for upcoming matches. There's really no downside in signaling (whether true or not) to the rest of the league that Son will be out for a lengthy period of time. If anything, if Son is really alright and is able to start against ManU, it'll catch them off guard. I can guarantee youManU are preparing for a match this weekend thinking Son won't be playing.
If Son is really hurt then hell, we're going to have to hope everyone else steps up for the next several weeks.

I doubt that.

If it were that easy managers would use that tactic all the time with their team. Man U is likely preparing, if they prepare anything at all under Ole, to play a full strength Spurs side and if Son is out then they are really no worse off having now have to deal with Moura or Bergwijn instead.

I doubt that.

If it were that easy managers would use that tactic all the time with their team. Man U is likely preparing, if they prepare anything at all under Ole, to play a full strength Spurs side and if Son is out then they are really no worse off having now have to deal with Moura or Bergwijn instead.
Hey. You forgot Gedson ! They might be preparing for Lucas and BANG they end up facing the real deal in the one true Portuguese Fernandes !

Back
Top Bottom