Heung-Min Son (손흥민)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

if it was that contagious the whole world would of had it by now anyway

I don't think that's the issue...

I have no doubt that the majority of the people on the planet in the countries it's been present have had it.

I was very ill with all the symptoms earlier in the year before COVID was even a huge thing, before tests were as easily accessible as they are now and before a lockdown... who knows if I had it or not.

Hopefully one of the many older people who died in my area from it earlier in the year didn't catch it from me if that was the case. Because I'd be devastated.

So does anyone know the testing schedule for players?

When can we relax about whether Son caught it off the team mate he hugged (who tested positive) during the goals celebration?

Indeed he would have to be a home by law, surely?
It looks like the scare is over 🤞
I don't think so. The elite athlete exemption means he doesn't have to be at home until the result comes positive.

I won't be feeling relieved until I see his name on the teamsheet against City.

I don't think so. The elite athlete exemption means he doesn't have to be at home until the result comes positive.

I won't be feeling relieved until I see his name on the teamsheet against City.
I will be gutted if he can’t make the squad against City and also hope none of our players catch COVID for health reasons, however even though son in one of our best players, currently we have a very strong squad so if he can’t play it’s not the end of the world , I think currently the only player who is irreplaceable in the squad for a run of games is Hojbjerg! Who would have thought
That at the start of the season!

I will be gutted if he can’t make the squad against City and also hope none of our players catch COVID for health reasons, however even though son in one of our best players, currently we have a very strong squad so if he can’t play it’s not the end of the world , I think currently the only player who is irreplaceable in the squad for a run of games is Hojbjerg! Who would have thought
That at the start of the season!

It's true Hojbjerg is the only player without a backup in our squad. But Son makes such a big difference to our team right now. Our performance against Newcaslte dropped quite a bit in the second half without Son and the whole shitshow against West Ham also started immediately after he was taken off. Plus Son always seems to do well against Man City. They are probably his favourite opponent among the top 6. A bit like Dele/Eriksen vs Chelsea and Kane vs Woolwich.

Has his test result come out yet? The one he took yesterday (after returning to Spurs)?
It hasn’t been made public yet but if they have the green light for him to “take over @spursofficial” then it’s a good sign in my eyes.

Then again this could have been scheduled ages ago and they don’t know yet.

It's true Hojbjerg is the only player without a backup in our squad. But Son makes such a big difference to our team right now. Our performance against Newcaslte dropped quite a bit in the second half without Son and the whole shitshow against West Ham also started immediately after he was taken off. Plus Son always seems to do well against Man City. They are probably his favourite opponent among the top 6. A bit like Dele/Eriksen vs Chelsea and Kane vs Woolwich.
Of course he makes a huge difference , teams are scared to face Him I think this season as well it seems his partnership with Kane is on another level. It’s just nice to know now that we have a good squad now that can cover.

Just a short comment on the testing and covid:

Covid: It's not likely that most have had the virus. Far from it, the studies that have been done regarding this have shown that we have a long way to go.

Testing: from day 5 after you have had close contact with someone infectious you could test positive. It could take up to two weeks for the test to be positive..

Covid: It's not likely that most have had the virus. Far from it, the studies that have been done regarding this have shown that we have a long way to go.

Testing: from day 5 after you have had close contact with someone infectious you could test positive. It could take up to two weeks for the test to be positive..
2 weeks for a positive test? Makes these international games even more of a stupid idea

2 weeks for a positive test? Makes these international games even more of a stupid idea

That's a worst case scenario. But it's impossible to shut the virus down without distance and wearing FFP2-masks(when people are close) all the time.

On the other we need to keep things going. We can't shut everything down completely until Summer 2021, but do our best to live with the situation.

Are they all the same, though?

The way Rodon, Davies and Bale tests were celebrated after coming back negatives - "no worries at all", etc - made me think in top football they've got some kind of ultra-sensitive tests.

Last edited:
Are they all the same, though?

The way Rodon, Davies and Bale tests were celebrated after coming back negatives - "no worries at all", etc - made me think in top football they've got some kind of ultra sensible tests.

The tests are not all the same, there are PCR tests and rapid antigen test that are being used. The PCR is still the standard. Positive tests are quite trustable, a negative test still quite reliable, but less than the other way around.

The no worries at all is a bit of bullshit. It's good that they're negative, but they can still be infected and become positive in the coming days.

Sonny's gotta avoid COVID like...

Son Heung-Min GIF by MolaTV
Daddy Shark!!!!

Back
Top Bottom