Heung-Min Son (손흥민)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The tests are not all the same, there are PCR tests and rapid antigen test that are being used. The PCR is still the standard. Positive tests are quite trustable, a negative test still quite reliable, but less than the other way around.

The no worries at all is a bit of bullshit. It's good that they're negative, but they can still be infected and become positive in the coming days.
I totally get what you're saying. A negative result means good news, but it doesn't rule out the possibility of a false negative - which could be found out days later.

However, it's not just the case of our boys from Wales. It happened many times in the Premier League:

A team plays on Sunday. On Friday, one player receives a positive test result - and this player trained with his team all week. Then, he is isolated and all the other players are tested - all negative results. Apart from the isolated player, the game on Sunday is played normally.

By the technical point of view, considering what you said, every single person involved in that game would be exposed to the virus.

Is this really the way they are doing things?

Last edited:
I totally get what you're saying. A negative result means good news, but it doesn't rule out the possibility of a false negative - which could be found out days later.

However, it's not just the case of our boys from Wales. It happened many times in the Premier League:

A team plays on Sunday. On Friday, one player receives a positive test result - and this player trained with his team all week. Then, he is isolated and all the other players are tested - and all the results are negatives. Apart from the isolated player, the game on Sunday is played normally.

By the technical point of view, considering what you said, every single person involved in that game would be exposed to the virus.

There's an interesting interview with Owen Coyle in The Grauniad today, he's managing in India now. He says this on being tested positive for C-19...

“We were tested two days before we came and it was negative. We arrived in Goa and I was negative again the next morning and then positive two days later."

Just goes to show how complex things can be

Owen Coyle: 'Robbie Fowler is at a legacy club. He'll see how big it all is'

The headline is misleading, Fowler hardly features, it's much more about Coyle's experiences

A team plays on Sunday. On Friday, one player receives a positive test result - and this player trained with his team all week. Then, he is isolated and all the other players are tested - and all the results are negatives. Apart from the isolated player, the game on Sunday is played normally.

A negative result can be false negativ, it could also be that the person is infected, but the test won't detect the infection due to the infection being in the incubationtime.

A negative test will in most cases tell you whether the person is infectious or not.

I reckon the use of rapid test will be added, there are already some really good ones out there. The ones we used at the hospital takes 15 mins to wait for a result. If it's positive, you'll test it with PCR as well, but at least then you can isolate the person/patient.

My idea would be like this for a match on Sunday. Test on Friday and Saturday (should be able to get the results after 24h) and rapid tests on Sunday. In the mean time from test time on Friday till Saturday, make sure the player isolates. But there probably is no perfect system other than keeping 1,5 metres apart and wearing a mask (FFP2).

There's an interesting interview with Owen Coyle in The Grauniad today, he's managing in India now. He says this on being tested positive for C-19...

“We were tested two days before we came and it was negative. We arrived in Goa and I was negative again the next morning and then positive two days later."

Just goes to show how complex things can be

Owen Coyle: 'Robbie Fowler is at a legacy club. He'll see how big it all is'

The headline is misleading, Fowler hardly features, it's much more about Coyle's experiences
Good interview, thanks for sharing it - I didn't realize Indian football was yet to restart.

Coyle's situation could happen to any of us - as eanN17 was saying. But in relation to the PL, I thought there was just too much money involved to have such a high risk of stopping the competition every Weekend - which is why I mentioned the possibility that Premier League and top European competitions (CL and EL, for example) were using more sofisticaded tests; I don't even know if that's a real possibility, though.

A negative result can be false negativ, it could also be that the person is infected, but the test won't detect the infection due to the infection being in the incubationtime.

A negative test will in most cases tell you whether the person is infectious or not.

I reckon the use of rapid test will be added, there are already some really good ones out there. The ones we used at the hospital takes 15 mins to wait for a result. If it's positive, you'll test it with PCR as well, but at least then you can isolate the person/patient.

My idea would be like this for a match on Sunday. Test on Friday and Saturday (should be able to get the results after 24h) and rapid tests on Sunday. In the mean time from test time on Friday till Saturday, make sure the player isolates. But there probably is no perfect system other than keeping 1,5 metres apart and wearing a mask (FFP2).
Thanks again for the informations. It's all about risk minimization - but there are no guarantees.

If players are tested three times and there are still no positives, obviously the chances of safety are bigger. Technically, though, all players (and staff, etc) involved in the match would be at risk.

And in the next matches of those two teams (2 or 3 days later), again, all players involved would be at risk. And again, and again...

Let's hope for the best in relation to Sonny.

Last edited:
He's been taking pictures at the training ground today with the POTM award and has taken over our Twitter account to do a Q&A, which also looks to be at the training centre.

I suspect and hope that means they've received a negative Covid-19 test for him. He looks in good spirits.

Well, we better hope he hasn't got it.....

serge-aurier-heungmin-son-and-moussa-sissoko-of-tottenham-hotspur-picture-id1286556335

From today.

Back
Top Bottom