Heung-Min Son (손흥민)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

starting Son on the right wing was genius move by Jose. It probably surprised pep and city defenders.
They seems to be confused and nobody marked Son on his first goal.

I'd like to see him starting on right wing more often. Son's left foot is crazy accurate.

starting Son on the right wing was genius move by Jose. It probably surprised pep and city defenders.

I'd like to see him starting on right wing more often. Son's left foot is crazy accurate.
I think it surprised all of us. By logic, you expect Walker to adjust to our strategy but nothing happened. That early goal was sooooo crucial.

14 Apps
11 Goals (all open play)
5 Assists
October Player of the Month
Leading goal scorer in the Premier League

Rest of the world: "Son's World Class."

Some Spurs fans in here last week: "Son's not elite. He's patchy and inconsistent."

:mourlmao:

14 Apps
11 Goals (all open play)
5 Assists
October Player of the Month
Leading goal scorer in the Premier League

Rest of the world: "Son's World Class."

Some Spurs fans in here last week: "Son's not elite. He's patchy and inconsistent."

:mourlmao:
PL Open Play Goal Leaders
1. Son 9
2. DCL 8
3. Bamford 7
4(t). Kane 5
4(t). Watkins 5
*Everyone else, 4 or less goals

Salah, Vardy, Mane, Sterling, Bruno etc. are nowhere near the "Not Elite" South Korean winger on this list.

:sonpoint:

Last edited:
20 Shots
9 Goals
12 Shots on targets
4 Goals with left foot
4 Goals with right foot
1 Headed goal

His shooting accuracy is amazing.

Also, all of his goals are field goals.

vs.

Salah = 4 out of 8 goals are field goals. 44% shooting accuracy with 34 shots
Vardy = 3 out of 8 goals are field goals. 75% shooting accuracy with 16 shots
Dominic Calvert-Lewin = 8 out of 8 goals are field goals. 54% shooting accuracy with 26 shots

Last edited:

He targeted João Cancelo.

Aurier tried two or three balls in the first half behind Cancelo, for Sonny to run the channel. Kane and others found good space in that area too. And of course, Sonny's goal was a run in behind their back four, coming from the right

I'd also like to praise Sonny's defensive contribution yesterday (alongside Kane and others, of course). Gave everything to the team without the ball, was intelligent to make interceptions and was not a risk defending inside our box. And again, since Cancelo is right footed, Sonny didn't have to defend really wide. He did it a couple of times, but in the rest of the game his defensive duties actually suited him.

Last edited:
20 Shots
9 Goals
12 Shots on targets
4 Goals with left foot
4 Goals with right foot
1 Headed goal

vs.

Dominic Calvert-Lewin = 8 out of 8 goals are field goals. 54% shooting accuracy with 26 shots
A perfect reason why Levy out of all people sent a private plane to get him home.

20 Shots
9 Goals
12 Shots on targets
4 Goals with left foot
4 Goals with right foot
1 Headed goal

vs.

needs to work on his heading FFS :sneaky:

20 Shots
9 Goals
12 Shots on targets
4 Goals with left foot
4 Goals with right foot
1 Headed goal

vs.

I saw somewhere that Spurs winning percentage is more than 90 percent when Son scores? That's sounds high. That has to be a fake news right?

He targeted João Cancelo.

Aurier tried two or three balls in the first half behind Cancelo, for Sonny to run the channel. Kane and others found good in that area too. And of course, Sonny's goal was a run in behind their back four, coming from the right

I'd also like to praise Sonny's defensive contribution yesterday (alongside Kane and others, of course). Gave everything to the team without the ball, was intelligent to make interceptions and was not a risk defending inside our box. And again, since Cancelo is right footed, Sonny didn't have to defend really wide. He did it a couple of tines, but in the rest of the game his defensive duties actually suited him.
Great analysis, spot on.

Back
Top Bottom