Heung-Min Son (손흥민)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

100% agree. What does Dele offer in his current form than Son doesn’t have ?
Goals Against Spurs w/ and w/o Son on the pitch in PL Matches this Season

Son Off the Pitch: 92 minutes + extra time / 5 goals scored against Spurs

Son On the Pitch: 1,078 minutes + extra time / 7 goals scored against Spurs

Shocking that Jose doesn't see this yet and still subs him out late in games.

:goonermong:

3 goals West Ham, 1 goal against Liverpool yesterday, was Newcastle the other one (?)

4 of them came off set pieces which isn’t something I’d say we need Son for, the other was a Sanchez own goal.

Also, when see Son when he gets substituted, he looks knackered due to having pressed the whole match. Can’t blame Mourinho for bringing on fresh legs while we’re leading.

3 goals West Ham, 1 goal against Liverpool yesterday, was Newcastle the other one (?)

4 of them came off set pieces which isn’t something I’d say we need Son for, the other was a Sanchez own goal.

Also, when see Son when he gets substituted, he looks knackered due to having pressed the whole match. Can’t blame Mourinho for bringing on fresh legs while we’re leading.
He has to be rested whenever we're in a position to do so really, he's not going to run all day every match and stay fit.

We can't flog him until he collapses.

I would agree with most of what you said but taking Son out gives the opposition the temptation and green light to venture further forward on attack, even on set pieces. They don't have to worry about a quick/dangerous counter. I think this is why we're so vulnerable when Son is substituted, not because Son is particularly good at defending set pieces.

If we do take Son out, Jose needs to have a better strategy because at the moment, whenever he gets subbed, we look absolutely overwhelmed and shaky. I don't think it's a coincidence that we've let in 5 goals in just over 90 minutes with Son out. It's pretty shocking.

Because it is that simple...

I would agree with most of what you said but taking Son out gives the opposition the temptation and green light to venture further forward on attack, even on set pieces. They don't have to worry about a quick/dangerous counter. I think this is why we're so vulnerable when Son is substituted, not because Son is particularly good at defending set pieces.

If we do take Son out, Jose needs to have a better strategy because at the moment, whenever he gets subbed, we look absolutely overwhelmed and shaky. I don't think it's a coincidence that we've let in 5 goals in just over 90 minutes with Son out. It's pretty shocking.
In theory, we should expect the other quick winger we have on take Son’s role but it’s clear they’re not of the quality.

What you said about conceding 5 goals after Son is out is true but I’d rather attribute it to silly individual errors than a player being out.

Back
Top Bottom