Heung-Min Son (손흥민)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I really do think the risk we took giving him a new contract when there was a real chance he was going to have to do military service for most of it is now further paying off.

Sonny remembers and shows the loyalty right back. What a wonderful person with world class skills (if not world class consistency). Absolutely love him.

His long time Gernan agent was let go shortly after

I really do think the risk we took giving him a new contract when there was a real chance he was going to have to do military service for most of it is now further paying off.

Sonny remembers and shows the loyalty right back. What a wonderful person with world class skills (if not world class consistency). Absolutely love him.
Also a good business risk by Levy. He had more leverage during negotiations against a Son who already had missed out on 2 chances at gaining exemption. Furthermore, Son was set to play in an Asian U-23 tournament and Korea were the clear favourites. Would Levy have extended Son's contract if he had to win the World Cup to gain military exemption instead of the Asian Games?

He's going to shine without Kane. I predict that he'll score 25-30 goals this season across all competitions.

Not if Gio & Ndombele don't pull their finger out he wouldn't.

Genuinely curious how many of Sonny's goals were assisted or pre-assisted by Harry last season.....

Cannot believe I hsve to endure the bullshit for how many more years? I might become a whole new man at the end LoL

And why the fuvk did Son let go of the last agent if he was to repeat. Sonny must love Spurs more than I thought. Respect

Danny's doing his best here to put a negative spin on players who are loyal to their clubs.

But Son's decision to sign a new deal and stay loyal to Tottenham has left pundit Murphy questioning his ambition.

Speaking to Jim White and Simon Jordan on talkSPORT, he said: "Players are very different.

"When somebody is content and enjoying life and enjoying their football, not everybody is craving the same things.

"I’m sure he is getting a great financial deal, but the chances are he is not going to win very much in the next couple of years at Tottenham.

“That’s the honest fact.

“So he is obviously not that bothered about winning things.”
Murphy then went on to say: "I’m talking about every individual player being different in terms of what they want from life and football and their careers.

"It does suggest, to me, like he has kind of given up. He might believe that Tottenham can turn it around and, I don’t know, compete somehow.

“But most people who know football don’t see that happening next season or the next few seasons, if we are honest, with Chelsea, Liverpool and City’s power.

“He has given up that, I think.”

Simon Jordan, on the other hand, sees the situation differently and believes that Son signing a new deal shows that Tottenham are not set for a mass exodus of its biggest stars in the event of Kane leaving.

Danny's doing his best here to put a negative spin on players who are loyal to their clubs.

But Son's decision to sign a new deal and stay loyal to Tottenham has left pundit Murphy questioning his ambition.

Speaking to Jim White and Simon Jordan on talkSPORT, he said: "Players are very different.

"When somebody is content and enjoying life and enjoying their football, not everybody is craving the same things.

"I’m sure he is getting a great financial deal, but the chances are he is not going to win very much in the next couple of years at Tottenham.

“That’s the honest fact.

Murphy then went on to say: "I’m talking about every individual player being different in terms of what they want from life and football and their careers.

"It does suggest, to me, like he has kind of given up. He might believe that Tottenham can turn it around and, I don’t know, compete somehow.

“But most people who know football don’t see that happening next season or the next few seasons, if we are honest, with Chelsea, Liverpool and City’s power.

Simon Jordan, on the other hand, sees the situation differently and believes that Son signing a new deal shows that Tottenham are not set for a mass exodus of its biggest stars in the event of Kane leaving.
To be honest, I don't think Son had any options. I never heard of any clubs aggressively trying to poach him. Had there been a real offer from one of the big clubs, I think there would have been more noise.

“That’s the honest fact.

What a proper fucking mug Danny Murphy is.

The truth is Danny, your career was fucking over the moment you signed your first professional contract and judging by how you played, you’ve never had any ambition throughout your entire fucking life.

Back
Top Bottom