Heung-Min Son (손흥민)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I was happy to see Bryan take to the pitch, and think Nuno is handling the game time for players really well. I don't want Sonny to be run to the ground, we need him fit and raring to go for the games to come.
I still don't get why certain posters pitch players against each other, surely it's for the good of our team that we have players that other teams would give their eye teeth for!
This!!

At the moment Son has his spot and is untouchable really.. similar to Kane. However that doesn't mean that they should play 90 mins + each game, and play every game. They need to be rotated and rested. I think the 'competition' if you want to call it that, between Lucas & Stevie is very healthy.. and I have liked what I have seen so far out of them.

In terms of Gil, he can be rotated into the squad and used when other players need a rest. If he does then 'threaten' to get into the regular starting XI, this wouldn't be in place of Son tbh.. maybe Son would be moved around as he is so versatile.. just like how he played largely on the right yesterday.

Football is so cruel, metaphor for life really.

Just as you turn 29 and reach your prime, in comes a young upstart (Bryan Gil) with talent and energy to burn (remember when that was me?) to threaten that comfortable top perch both earned and deserved but ever so tenuous.

I don’t think Son liked being substituted, and he was bitching about something at the end of the game. The way he talks about wanting to go like this for years to come, he knows nothing’s guaranteed, but here comes Nuno throwing it down - unlike Harry, your spot on the perch isn’t quite so secure Sonny, so better get improving.

Gil does look promising and I have a feeling we will see many more of these substitutions if not outright usurping if roles of Gil starts to get some goals in. Will be really interesting to see how Nuno manages nurturing a young talent on one hand but not wasting a proven one in Son.

Gil was subbed on to kill a little time and add some fresh legs to chase everything down for the final 5mins..... It was no reflection on Sonny at all.

Competition is good for a player's motivation, so I don't dissagree with that aspect of your post, but personally I don't think Kane should be afforded the special treatment your comments allude to either..... Next time Kane is having one of his quiet games, I'm eager to see if Nuno will sub him..... I have a sneeky suspiction he won't be afraid to.

Son doesn't like being subbed unless it's absolutely necessary (injury), I don't know why but he was just like that even before he joined Spurs, in Bundesliga, in the national team, he looked either angry or disappointed whenever he got subbed.

I wish his dad tell him to control his mind and remain calm, getting angry or looking disappointed every time he gets subbed just doesn't look good.

Son doesn't like being subbed unless it's absolutely necessary (injury), I don't know why but he was just like that even before he joined Spurs, in Bundesliga, in the national team, he looked either angry or disappointed whenever he got subbed.

I wish his dad tell him to control his mind and remain calm, getting angry or looking disappointed every time he gets subbed just doesn't look good.

Completely disagree on this.
A player being disappointed or angry that he's been subbed is a good thing as far as I'm concerned, it shows they're passionate and care about playing.

Completely disagree on this.
A player being disappointed or angry that he's been subbed is a good thing as far as I'm concerned, it shows they're passionate and care about playing.
We already know he's passionate and cares, but, as I said, it doesn't look good to the crowd, millions people watching on TV and especially to the manager who decided to sub him, even when he gets subbed to get the crowd's applause like yesterday, he looks unhappy.

It's just a hunger to play... I have no problem with it so long as the player doesn't turn toxic over it and that's hardly Sonny's style, is it...?

We already know he's passionate and cares, but, as I said, it doesn't look good to the crowd, millions people watching on TV and especially to the manager who decided to sub him, even when he gets subbed to get the crowd's applause like yesterday, he looks unhappy.

You don't talk for the whole crowd or millions of people watching on tv. If you think it looks bad you're entitled to that opinion, but it is only your opinion.
I disagree with you as do my mates who I was discussing this with yesterday. We are all fine with it.

Son being angry at coming off seems like a bit of a nothing burger to me. People will look at how they want and spin it that way.

Some will say it shows his hunger and how competitive he is, other can say it shows he isn't willing to help the team or be a team player. The reality it is likely neither and doesn't mean much at all.

You don't talk for the whole crowd or millions of people watching on tv. If you think it looks bad you're entitled to that opinion, but it is only your opinion.
I disagree with you as do my mates who I was discussing this with yesterday. We are all fine with it.

It's crazy how people feel the need to invent problems isn't it.....???

Incredulous Bill Murray GIF by reactionseditor

Back
Top Bottom