Heung-Min Son (손흥민)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I didnt even notice you were talking about his technicals etc. Whatever you think he is good at you can't really expect him to be at top level every game when having to play every 3 days
No but from what I have seen of him down the years I would like to see some of what he has done previously like Chelsea Woolwich Burnley to be replicated. Once I've seen what a player is truly capable of then I think they should show that more often. He can score outside the box no problem so I want him to do that more often than he has since Woolwich at home last season. Please do not mistake my criticism for hatred my criticism towards son is purely based off of the fact that I've seen what he can do and I want to see that more often.

He was poor overall today but as much as I want to see a return of his world class play (and it frustrates me right now that he's not producing it) you have to say his desire and work rate are what have really earned him his last 2 goals more than stunning play. Think there's no doubt that what he's doing although lacking in top class play is shining a huuuuuuge light on harry and his lack of the same effort.
There was no lack of effort from Harry today. You're just seeing what you want to see.

Can't believe that Son still has critics on this site. He's clearly our best player nowadays and has been for quite some time now.

Almost as if some on here truly won't appreciate him until we sell him to Bayern Munich in the summer.

:contescrewface:

Can't believe that Son still has critics on this site. He's clearly our best player nowadays and has been for quite some time now.

Almost as if some on here truly won't appreciate him until we sell him to Bayern Munich in the summer.

You must be new? It's been many years a psychiatric ward here at times. Good part of the World has given up sometime ago lol

Not only our best attacking player but clearly wants to be at Spurs. That means a lot to me these days. I bet De Bruyne wants to play with Sonny.

There was no lack of effort from Harry today. You're just seeing what you want to see.
I remember when he'd charge at the opposition when they had possession. Pressing putting in slide tackles. There's no edge to him in a spurs shirt anymore. There's a difference between genuine effort and whinging acting like you care. And if he can't do it anymore then it shows he is declining physically and people are right about him.

I remember when he'd charge at the opposition when they had possession. Pressing putting in slide tackles. There's no edge to him in a spurs shirt anymore. There's a difference between genuine effort and whinging acting like you care. And if he can't do it anymore then it shows he is declining physically and people are right about him.

His mobility clearly isn't what it once was. But I don't believe it's through a lack of trying. Just injuries and fitness.

No but from what I have seen of him down the years I would like to see some of what he has done previously like Chelsea Woolwich Burnley to be replicated. Once I've seen what a player is truly capable of then I think they should show that more often. He can score outside the box no problem so I want him to do that more often than he has since Woolwich at home last season. Please do not mistake my criticism for hatred my criticism towards son is purely based off of the fact that I've seen what he can do and I want to see that more often.
You shouldnt have to explain that criticising someone doesnt mean you hate them.. then again its the world we live in

Looked like he was enjoying himself today.
But H rightly had cause to question him a couple of times.
When the two click under Conte rules I am expecting fireworks.

Looked like he was enjoying himself today.
But H rightly had cause to question him a couple of times.
When the two click under Conte rules I am expecting fireworks.
There is something missing between these 2 at the moment isn't there. I think Son has lost some respect for kane like a lot of us after his antics over the summer.

Gave the ball away? So what.
Well believe it or not giving the ball away leads to opposition possession which believe it or not they use to score goals from. I prefer it when players can control a ball and retain it. Keep doing it as many times vs Liverpool and see if you're saying so what then when salah smashes in a hat trick.

Well believe it or not giving the ball away leads to opposition possession which believe it or not they use to score goals from. I prefer it when players can control a ball and retain it. Keep doing it as many times vs Liverpool and see if you're saying so what then when salah smashes in a hat trick.
Nope. Don't agree with you. Overall I thought he had a very good performance. He was involved in all three goals and worked hard as usual. Did he give away the ball one too many? Don't know maybe he did but not even close to impacting his overall performance rating to be poor how you rated him.

Last edited:
Don't think his touch was that great today.. seemed to be a little of it in that sense.

But, he was involved heavily in all 3 of our goals. The 1-2 with Lucas for the first, the corner that Davies headed on to Sanchez for the 2nd, and his goal for the 3rd. That to me is what he is there for, to contribute to our offensive unit. So games like today from him are still great IMO due to his output rather than his overall play.

I agree with this, I would say it's not really a lack of effort from Harry, but more a lack of energy and/or pace. This seems to slowly be the player Kane is becoming now, with a lot less pressing (he still does at times though).. but it stands out compared to others around him such as Lucas.

Sons cross has been excellent this season. Every cross looked dangerous. I would really like him to take our FK as well. He also just started his hot streak again and probably will be on fire for the next 5 to 6 games.
We have to make the most out of it.

Last edited:
There is something missing between these 2 at the moment isn't there. I think Son has lost some respect for kane like a lot of us after his antics over the summer.

In the east Respect and Honour is everything, to air in public like Harry did, whilst Son was renewing for the peak years of his career (hopefully), must have been a shock. It's no coincidence Son's form nose dived as Harry returned, as did the gusto of the team as a glued unit.

Back
Top Bottom