Heung-Min Son (손흥민)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Nah, not even one.
Recent talk has all been about Adama as new RWB and perhaps a LCB
I don’t think we’ve been credibly linked to any player, even Traore still seems a little early and lightly sourced.

With the exception of Romero, which turned into a mini transfer saga, all of our signings last summer only broke into the news a day or so before they were finalized, which I think is an indication of Paratici doing a lot of the work through his channels rather than with the folks who’ve been with the club longer and have a relationship with English journos.

Wouldn’t be surprised if January plays out the same way and we don’t know our actual targets.

0000131644_002_20220103103101558.jpg

Either he or Kane need to go. The natural answer would be to say that Son needs to go because he doesn’t fit Contes system as he’s not a creative AM type of player that we need in Contes system or a defensive CM, or a wingback. So I’m assuming he just going to come off the bench as a striker starting maybe 12-15 PL games?

Conte isn’t going to drop Kane and if we were able to bring in someone like Vlahovic for big money, they’re getting in at least 20-25 PL starts.
If Conte can't make 2 world class players work in a system then he is not a world class manager like others claim him to be.

If Conte can't make 2 world class players work in a system then he is not a world class manager like others claim him to be.
Sons not an AM nor a great creative playmaker. As much as I like Son, if the plan is to keep Kane and pair him with another striker, we’d be better off selling Son and getting natural AMs instead of forcing Son to play out of position and getting poor results out of him

But looks like we aren’t going to be getting any strikers (again) so guess it’s irrelevant to speculate

Tottenham Hotspur forward Son Heung-min has won the Best Footballer in Asia award for the fifth successive year.​

The South Korea international enjoyed a stellar 2021 with the Lilywhites, netting 14 goals and setting up nine more in 38 appearances in all tournaments.

Son had already scooped the Best Footballer in Asia award four years running between 2016 and 2020, and the former Bayer Leverkusen man won by a landslide once again this time around.

The 29-year-old took 30.2% of the vote to take his fifth successive crown, with Iranian duo Sardar Azmoun and Mehdi Taremi finishing second and third respectively.

Son has finished first in seven of the nine editions of the Best Footballer in Asia award since its inception in 2013, with the exceptions being Keisuke Honda's win that year and Shinji Okazaki's triumph in 2016.

Son also found the back of the net four times in World Cup 2022 Qualifying in 2021 as South Korea booked their spot in the Qatar tournament

Right but I’m saying if we go out and spend 70 million on say a Vlahovic. I’m assuming it’s Kane and him that’ll be the two up top? Where does Son play? CM? Wingback?
Integrating players is our manager’s worry, not ours, but I imagine he’d be more than happy to have more than one or two quality options upfront. IF we bring in Vlahovic, we’ll finally have a capable striker who can put pressure on Kane or Son, I imagine competition can only be beneficial?

People actually suggesting we sell Son. I despair.

How many transfer debacles does the club need to have to realize the grass is not always greener on the other side? Selling Son would be suicidal.
Thanks for letting me know not to look back through this thread for the sake of my blood pressure. When Kane's been injured, hardly Blue Moon territory, Son has rescued us every time. Every fucking time.

Even when he's not having a good game like the other day, he still - (1) creates the only goal; (2) forces the keeper into a superb save from the volley (3) creates lovely chance with delicate through ball. I was annoyed a the casual flick at the cross shot rather than belting it, but maybe he didn't have time to readjust.

Fuck me, we are so very lucky to have this guy. Terrific pace, great attitude, and an absolute belter of a shot off either peg. Most of our players can just about stand on their "wrong" foot.

Back
Top Bottom