Heung-Min Son (손흥민)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

In what .. one game?

We were crap in both legs vs Chelsea. No goals over 180 minutes. And even today we looked fluid but it took a 1 in a million event for us to win. You want to sell our most productive attacker this season because of one match against Leicester City? And you also want to sell the other attacker who was the main reason we looked good going forward today?
If we keep Kane, Son should go and we should use that money to sign a bona fide AM + another striker.

If Kane goes, Son should stay and we should sign a couple young strikers like Valhovic + another up and comer with the Kane money.

I don't see a situation whereby we play a very fluid, organized style of football with Son/Lucas as our AM/creative forces and Kane as striker.

I also don't see a favorable long term outcome if Son and Kane are both playing striker. The way they score goals is very similar nowadays (ie. getting in behind, looking for a through ball in front of them). What we need is more dynamism and players that can score in different ways. They currently overlap in many ways.

The only way we can maximize both of them is if we convert Kane into a full time #10 and he takes up that role as the AM. Then put Sonny as a striker alongside another traditional striker.

If we keep Kane, Son should go and we should use that money to sign a bona fide AM + another striker.

If Kane goes, Son should stay and we should sign a couple young strikers like Valhovic + another up and comer with the Kane money.

I don't see a situation whereby we play a very fluid, organized style of football with Son/Lucas as our AM/creative forces and Kane as striker.

I also don't see a favorable long term outcome if Son and Kane are both playing striker. The way they score goals is very similar nowadays (ie. getting in behind, looking for a through ball in front of them). What we need is more dynamism and players that can score in different ways. They currently overlap in many ways.

The only way we can maximize both of them is if we convert Kane into a full time #10 and he takes up that role as the AM. Then put Sonny as a striker alongside another traditional striker.

Son signed a new contract + is 29. We aren't getting some big fee to re-invest elsewhere if we straight up offer him to other clubs and try and force him out, it's not practical. We've seen Kane and Son strike up a brilliant partnership before, no reason to think it can't happen again. We looked very, very dangerous vs Liverpool with them on the pitch. We looked good today without Son but the fact is we're inconsistent and can go from a great to shit performance almost regardless of who is on the pitch.

Kane is more likely to be sold, his contract is running out and he's picking up form so I think clubs will be in for him in the summer. He's established a wish to leave to win trophies, he won't be offered out but clubs will know he's gettable. I don't want him to go at all (in fact, I'd be fucking gutted) but that's the more realistic sale. Son isn't going anywhere after signing that contract, and whilst his form has been meh of late I do think that was at least partly down to being fucking exhausted. Both him and Kane had a period of way too many games.

I'd try to offer Son to Leicester for Maddison

Of course Son would probably decline but I think Maddison would be a huge improvement in terms of overall play
tom-baker-creepy.gif

I'd try to offer Son to Leicester for Maddison

Of course Son would probably decline but I think Maddison would be a huge improvement in terms of overall play
There's a few other players I'd offer first!!!!

Dele/Lo Celso/Winks....?

I honestly think Dele would do well at Leicester if Maddison were to move on to bigger things...

I agree w NdomBattiboy that we should sell son. But no CAM player is playing in conte’s starting 11 🤣. It gonna be PEH and winks/skipp. What we need is a generational talent CM like Kroos/Modric

There's a few other players I'd offer first!!!!

Dele/Lo Celso/Winks....?

I honestly think Dele would do well at Leicester if Maddison were to move on to bigger things...
I dont' think Leicester would give up a 25 year old up and coming superstar for Dele/GLC/Winks etc.

It would take a Son for them to part ways

Back
Top Bottom