Heung-Min Son (손흥민)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

First foul is a 100% red. Nowhere near the ball and his only intent is to try to injure or agitate son.

There’s really just no place in the game for 2 kicks to the ribs when a player is on the ground. And if it’s not penalized, players will keep doing it.

If they don’t want to ruin games, then give suspensions after the match for this BS.

*If* we get top 4 I think he'll win PL player of the season. Shouldn't really work that way but the recency bias and the notable team achievement late in the day would secure it, especially if Salah continues to end the season poorly and Liverpool don't win the league.

He deserves it. Had a couple of rough patches but has been productive throughout the season, even under Nuno, and had some incredible runs of form too.

*If* we get top 4 I think he'll win PL player of the season. Shouldn't really work that way but the recency bias and the notable team achievement late in the day would secure it, especially if Salah continues to end the season poorly and Liverpool don't win the league.

He deserves it. Had a couple of rough patches but has been productive throughout the season, even under Nuno, and had some incredible runs of form too.

I think it will be hard, Kane had a better season last year and there were no Salah's or KdB's to compete with and even that wasn't enough.

Personally I find it hard not to give it to KdB. His stats are great, his play is great and he is the most important part of the top team in the league. That doesn't mean Son isn't deserving as well but I find it hard to ignore when you have a player that is playing equally as well but for a team that has been so much more impressive.

It would be interesting to see Son win it with a lesser season than Kane last year and still hear Son fans cry about how he doesn't get any respect.

I'm actually pleased he didn't want to come off.
Conte's call was the right one for the team.
Have a feeling he will surpass Salah.

Pretty sure I read somewhere this morning that Salah has some kind of strain that will keep him out until the CL final now.....

If so; 2 goals in 2 games and the Golden Boot is Sonny's.....

REALLY hope he does it..... Deserves to have his name up alongside all the other recent great PL goal-scorers.

First foul is a 100% red. Nowhere near the ball and his only intent is to try to injure or agitate son.

There’s really just no place in the game for 2 kicks to the ribs when a player is on the ground. And if it’s not penalized, players will keep doing it.

If they don’t want to ruin games, then give suspensions after the match for this BS.

Worst of the lot IMO.

2 offenses in one..... Kick in the ribs then deliberately fell onto him with a knee to the kidney straight after.

If Kane didn't win it last year(*); no way Sonny wins it this year..... They'll always try and give it to a title-winner; ergo KDB it is.

(*Giving it to Dias last year was joke!)

I think it will be hard, Kane had a better season last year and there were no Salah's or KdB's to compete with and even that wasn't enough.

Personally I find it hard not to give it to KdB. His stats are great, his play is great and he is the most important part of the top team in the league. That doesn't mean Son isn't deserving as well but I find it hard to ignore when you have a player that is playing equally as well but for a team that has been so much more impressive.

It would be interesting to see Son win it with a lesser season than Kane last year and still hear Son fans cry about how he doesn't get any respect.
Is being pessimistic a prerequisite for being a spurs fan like truly asking for a friend.

If Kane didn't win it last year(*); no way Sonny wins it this year..... They'll always try and give it to a title-winner; ergo KDB it is.

(*Giving it to Dias last year was joke!)

I think it's all about the end of season narrative. Son scoring in the NLD and then scoring a couple more in the final two games to get us the top 4 'trophy (lmao) could be enough. Usually that narrative is around the title though, you're right.

I think if we'd gotten top 4 last season, Kane wins it 100%. It was the fact we finished 7th that meant he missed out.

I think it's all about the end of season narrative. Son scoring in the NLD and then scoring a couple more in the final two games to get us the top 4 'trophy (lmao) could be enough. Usually that narrative is around the title though, you're right.

In which case KDB's quadruple against Wolves seals it.

In which case KDB's quadruple against Wolves seals it.

City's title win could be kinda dull though. If Woolwich drop points vs Newcastle and Son was to score 2 or 3 vs Burnley before taking Norwich apart he'd have a shot. Again it's all ifs and buts, but if he's nailing down top scorer in those last 2 games AND perceived as having been the one to get us back in to the top 4, I wouldn't rule him out.

City's title win could be kinda dull though.

Always is.

If Woolwich drop points vs Newcastle and Son was to score 2 or 3 vs Burnley before taking Norwich apart he'd have a shot. Again it's all ifs and buts, but if he's nailing down top scorer in those last 2 games AND perceived as having been the one to get us back in to the top 4, I wouldn't rule him out.

Of course; that'd be sweet!

....I knew you'd get on board the clapper bus eventually. :ledley:

Back
Top Bottom