Heung-Min Son (손흥민)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

so proud to be Korean!!! how's yall perspective about him? is he consider tottenham legend at this point already or does he have long way to go still?
Very rarely is 'legend' status given until playing career is done. But I will make an exception for Sonny. He is loved by all, he showed loyalty to the Club when we were in difficulties and he plays his heart out, staying humble. You should be proud of him, he is an inspiration.
200.gif

Couldn't agree more Mrs P

As I've said many a time, my favourite Spurs player this century. Maybe even my favourite player of all time alongside Ricky Villa.

Although Ricky was more sentimental for his FA cup final replay heroics following his disappointment in the first game. (I was very young at the time, but still remember my tears of joy)

Son winning the Golden Boot will add even more gloss for the club in that part of the world and increase his appeal.

The injection of money has come at just the right time, because his leverage and importance, will need recognising by the club - new contract offer coming.

But he did his usual this season as in dip of form but came out of it like a train.

If we add two attacking players to the 4, as I include Moura in that six, then we are going to be even better.

And the guy's humility is just amazing. Not a hint of the arrogance that would be absolutely justified.

Last edited:

Son's impact on Korean pop-culture must be insane. Any time a Spurs match highlight involves a good game from Son, the video viewership nearly doubles. You've got to assume that most Koreans actually watch on local tv and social media and not youtube/twitter.

Seriously, as a stunt, I'd have them perform this song at the Lane for next's season CL opening game.

What is the UEFA Champions League anthem?

Known to set the hearts of many of the world's top footballers aflutter, the UEFA Champions League anthem accompanies the ceremony at the start of all games in the competition, and is also played in the opening and closing sequences of all UEFA Champions League broadcasts.

Does it have an official title?

No. UEFA Champions League anthem will do fine.

Who wrote and performed the original UEFA Champions League anthem?

The music, which cannot be bought or legally downloaded from any website, was written by British composer Tony Britten, a graduate of the Royal College of Music. Britten was commissioned in 1992 to devise a piece in the style of George Frideric Handel, and the iconic recording of his work is performed by the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra and sung by the Academy of Saint Martin in the Fields Chorus.

Don Hutchison has claimed that there is ‘no comparison’ between Tottenham forward, Heung-Min Son, and the £100 million man, Jack Grealish.

The former midfielder added that Son is an ‘unreal’ player for Spurs and he would cost just as much as the £100 million Manchester City paid for Grealish.

Last summer, Manchester City broke a clause in Grealish’s Aston Villa contract that saw him make a British transfer record fee to the Etihad.

Grealish’s debut campaign in Manchester hasn’t gone as he would have liked, in terms of performances, with only three goals and three assists this term, Son scored as many goals at Villa Park.

Nonetheless, Hutchison made it clear on Premier League Productions (23/05/22 at 12:45 pm) that Grealish isn’t on the level of the Premier League’s latest Golden Boot winner.

“Unreal,” said Hutchison. “When you think of Pep spending £100 million on Jack Grealish, but at the minute, Grealish and Son, there is no comparison is there?! I mean what a player!

“I think he’s 29. But a young 29, isn’t he?! He’s never a problem to the manager. Always fit. Standards are high.

“If they had to buy Son now. £100 million? I don’t know how much he would cost. Ridiculous player.”

Don Hutchison has claimed that there is ‘no comparison’ between Tottenham forward, Heung-Min Son, and the £100 million man, Jack Grealish.

The former midfielder added that Son is an ‘unreal’ player for Spurs and he would cost just as much as the £100 million Manchester City paid for Grealish.

Last summer, Manchester City broke a clause in Grealish’s Aston Villa contract that saw him make a British transfer record fee to the Etihad.

Grealish’s debut campaign in Manchester hasn’t gone as he would have liked, in terms of performances, with only three goals and three assists this term, Son scored as many goals at Villa Park.

Nonetheless, Hutchison made it clear on Premier League Productions (23/05/22 at 12:45 pm) that Grealish isn’t on the level of the Premier League’s latest Golden Boot winner.

“Unreal,” said Hutchison. “When you think of Pep spending £100 million on Jack Grealish, but at the minute, Grealish and Son, there is no comparison is there?! I mean what a player!

“I think he’s 29. But a young 29, isn’t he?! He’s never a problem to the manager. Always fit. Standards are high.

“If they had to buy Son now. £100 million? I don’t know how much he would cost. Ridiculous player.”
Is there even one person on this site that would swap them? Doubt it....

Last edited:

£100m?

Cracking Up Lol GIF by HULU

Keep dreaming lol. Hand over the keys to the Man City treasury, and Pep personally polish Levy's bald head to a mirror shine every morning, and maybe he'd consider it.

I feel like they felt they had to nominate a son goal because of top scorer… that’s a great shot but nowhere near a goal of the season. For a goal of the season, there really has to be a uniqueness to it and that’s just a curler. (Unless they factor in his dribbling in the build up but they don’t show that on the video).

I feel like they felt they had to nominate a son goal because of top scorer… that’s a great shot but nowhere near a goal of the season. For a goal of the season, there really has to be a uniqueness to it and that’s just a curler. (Unless they factor in his dribbling in the build up but they don’t show that on the video).

I think they had to give one for the Hojbjergs reaction

Back
Top Bottom