Heung-Min Son (손흥민)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Is there even one person on this site that would swap them? Doubt it....

Much as I have no time for the overly confident and in my opinion overrated Grealish, it's just a stupid, lazy and grossly unfair comparison.

Not even sure why it was made, as they play in different positions and with managers who expect something separate from each.

One comparison for Son that he does lose, but only just is to Salah. You might throw in Sterling, where Son would win but even that is not like for like in terms of where they play.

And just to state, I do think it's now very close between Salah and Son but the Egyptian would still prevail in my book..... I think, but open to challenge.

But look at Grealish to Ndombele, and as average a season as the City man had had, it would still be way past that waste of money that we paid for.

Last edited:
Moussa Dembele was my all time favorite Spurs player, it is now Sonny and I doubt that position will change anytime soon.

Harry Kane is an incredible player and has been unbelievable for Spurs but there is something just special about Son Heung-Min. I think a huge part of this is the loyalty he displayed to Spurs by signing a contract when Nuno was manager and everything felt so bleak, Son gave the fan base hope in a very dark moment.

His goals are also just absolute belters, his top 10 goals is just worldie after worldie, so he has such an entertainment factor which football fans all love to see!

Up until quite recently I was living in Taiwan, so you bet I would’ve taken a trip over to S. Korea this summer had I still been in that part of the world.

Moussa Dembele was my all time favorite Spurs player, it is now Sonny and I doubt that position will change anytime soon.

Harry Kane is an incredible player and has been unbelievable for Spurs but there is something just special about Son Heung-Min. I think a huge part of this is the loyalty he displayed to Spurs by signing a contract when Nuno was manager and everything felt so bleak, Son gave the fan base hope in a very dark moment.

His goals are also just absolute belters, his top 10 goals is just worldie after worldie, so he has such an entertainment factor which football fans all love to see!

Up until quite recently I was living in Taiwan, so you bet I would’ve taken a trip over to S. Korea this summer had I still been in that part of the world.

Dembelle was so good for the Club that Spurs took Ndomebelle in a record fee in hopes of him resembling anything like Dembelle but it flopped so badly.

Kane is Kane an ultimate England goal scorer who is imo onto breaking every scoring record in the league history. Will be better for the club now that he's realized he should put the team more ahead of his personal stats for the club and his own good as well

Son is one of a kind in many ways. I don't think there will be another one quite like him.

And I think his story is just developing into the better parts of his playing career. I am just happy to be watching him play every season and seeing him achieve things with his teammates and club

Much as I have no time for the overly confident and in my opinion overrated Grealish, it's just a stupid, lazy and grossly unfair comparison.

Not even sure why it was made, as they play in different positions and with managers who expect something separate from each.

One comparison for Son that he does lose, but only just is to Salah. You might throw in Sterling, where Son would win but even that is not like for like in terms of where they play.

And just to state, I do think it's now very close between Salah and Son but the Egyptian would still prevail in my book..... I think, but open to challenge.

But look at Grealish to Ndombele, and as average a season as the City man had had, it would still be way past that waste of money that we paid for.
Grealish has in fact often played as a LWF, just like Son - particularly when he played for Villa.

And I think Kane could play another 10 plus years playing striker, striker/AM or even a CB on his last year after breaking everyvrecord there is just to show how versatile he is

Grealish has in fact often played as a LWF, just like Son - particularly when he played for Villa.

He’s a very different type of player though. Son is primarily a goalscorer, Grealish is a ball carrier. He loves to dribble. They play the same position but they’re about as comparable as Salah is to B.Silva.

There were a bunch of ppl, or creatures, who wanted to have him over Son when Son was getting criticized heavily.

Grealish was amazing at Villa. Ran the show for them, so back then a comparison wouldn’t have been totally unreasonable.

He’s obviously struggled to adapt to City, as lots of others had. Hard to go from everything being played through you to Pep ball. But everyone seems to really dislike him for some reason.

Grealish was amazing at Villa. Ran the show for them, so back then a comparison wouldn’t have been totally unreasonable.

He’s obviously struggled to adapt to City, as lots of others had. Hard to go from everything being played through you to Pep ball. But everyone seems to really dislike him for some reason.
Grealish as a footballer I rate, but his ridiculous price tag did not really help his case (3 goals and 3 assists in the team that scored and created the most is not elite). But yes, many had struggled to adapt to City, and I am sure he will perform in time.

But people are not generally fond of him due to his own doing off the pitch. He got caught cheating on his girlfriend with prostitutes in the past, and partying/drinking during the season by Pep (all while not living up to 100 mil tag). His recent comment about "Almiron" only shows his lack of professionalism and respect for others.

Grealish as a footballer I rate, but his ridiculous price tag did not really help his case (3 goals and 3 assists in the team that scored and created the most is not elite). But yes, many had struggled to adapt to City, and I am sure he will perform in time.

But people are not generally fond of him due to his own doing off the pitch. He got caught cheating on his girlfriend with prostitutes in the past, and partying/drinking during the season by Pep (all while not living up to 100 mil tag). His recent comment about "Almiron" only shows his lack of professionalism and respect for others.
Not to mention partying and crashing into a police car at the height of the lockdown.

I think it’s partly because he is handsome, confident, has style, and doesn’t seem afraid to break the mould .. same mindless abuse the likes of Beckham and Cristiano Ronaldo got for years and to an extent Paul Pogba still regularly gets (not equating them in terms of ability)

It didn't. He's not a 100m footballer. It was a fee paid because Villa would never sell otherwise because he was worth the world to them and they have money. He's improved late in the season and I have no doubt he will fully adapt. Moving to City is hard for a lot of players.

A lot of those incidents were from when he was a dumb kid. He comes across reasonably well to me, not the brightest but pretty genuine. The Almiron comment was silly but he was slaughtered, though I agree he probably needs to work on his professionalism.

I think it’s partly because he is handsome, confident, has style, and doesn’t seem afraid to break the mould .. same mindless abuse the likes of Beckham and Cristiano Ronaldo got for years and to an extent Paul Pogba still regularly gets (not equating them in terms of ability)
You forgot to mention Jesse Lingard.

No, it's mostly because Grealish in real terms has done fcuk all so far, and despite his PL medal probably joined the wrong team.

He is/was probably more suited to what we or United wanted/needed than City.

No doubting he is a good player but he ain't as good as he thinks he is. At least not yet.

No real idea why Spendiola wanted him if I am honest.

Back
Top Bottom