Heung-Min Son (손흥민)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

All valid points. I just feel by not knowing of someone's existence it is undervaluing them in some ways.

You can think that, but the linguistics of the term dictate that you'd be wrong.

If you were rating someone on a scale of 1-10 and you'd never heard of them you'd give no rating on the basis of no insight...... You wouldn't just give them a low rating regardless.

Kinda like what we have seen this season with Romero and Kulu IMO.

There is a strong correlation between not knowing of someone or something, and the under appreciation of them.

Just like at work, if my colleagues were receiving praise or rewarded for their work, and I had got the same results without being rewarded.. then of course I would feel under valued or even 'under rated' at work. This is regardless of whether management knew of me or not.

That's a crap analogy...... It's your manager's responsibility to know who accounts for the output of their team. By your token, they should know about the workload of someone in another company.

..........An English football fan is not obliged to have an opinon on a fledgeling player in another league that gets no coverage in the mainstream media.

The clues in the word.... Under-rated. Meaning a degree of "rating" would need to be taking place in order for an individual under-rate someone. May sound like semantics, but you can't expect someone to rate a player they've never heard of. (The phrase is not "un-rated" or "non-rated".)l
Most fans in counties that have major leagues watch their own league first and foremost..... After which enters the idea that the BL might get the 3rd best global viewing figures......Ergo my point stands..... The majority of football fans won't won't have been watching enough BL to be aware of their fledgling 19/20 y/old players.
Sooner or later it just needs to be accepted that SK fans are hyper sensitive to Son as their country produces so few star players.
Q. If that 10 goals stat is so memorable on a global basis why can't you remember the 3rd guy's name?
A. Because outside of Germany & SK, it's not a big deal.......
Talking of semantics.... Do you mean Counties like Essex, who boast the likes of Southend/Colchester
...or East Sussex (Brighton)
...or more your Lancashire powerhouses like Utd & City, and Yorkshire (Leeds, Sheffield Wednesday) etc?

He's rated very highly now for sure. Sky did their 'team of the year debate' and both Carragher & Neville had him in there, and the latter made him his player of the year. Pretty sure BT did a similar thing and nearly everyone had him there.

For whatever reason the players didn't do the same. Lack of challenging for trophies/not being called Ronaldo/not being from a football powerhouse or w/e probably caused that. But he's rated by almost every PL fan I've ever spoken to from England.
Even though I've heard Antonio, TAA raving about him so clearly some players do .

More racism against Sonny.

I just don't get these people.
:contehandshead:

" Aged 20 to 63 "...

They had to write apologies ? Shameful cunts.

You could gang up racially abuse a player if you got a letter of apology handy. Fucking great

... Just to check, were they all Utd fans?

... the fact Utd won that game would show that any anger or frustratio wasn't a factor... (not that it's an excuse, but sometimes anger/defeat can do weird things, see the Euro Championship Final, and all the abuse our black penalty takers got!)

So this is just straight up racism, not bourne out of anything other than narrow minded hatred?

Writing a "Soweeee" letter hardly scratches the surface, does it now?!

"Those who are easily shocked should be shocked more often."
- Mae West

Netizens Are Shocked To Find Photos Of Soccer Star Son Heung Min At A Club​

In the picture, the Tottenham Hotspur star can be seen enjoying his time at a club surrounded by fans.

ANyL7ZKILv7tac47ypi_OuigSPyl_8z44ZXGDsR-kUmWm79hGC-H03Y809EVGQEJUF7PWdJq6l8vAUrP0txGmJftkscLnboK4X3M10ZMeOM-bQ=w32-fSoften=1,100,0-rp-e365
Son Heung Min (left) with fans | @aneilya/Instagram

tjmMQ3igf5WkI1qvTDHVjTIDhUNmWLSiGal8el_IdyH_YBz1Cjkb1CSv8lKbGTtxa4ynD3WgB-1OzB5R6Cc34Mae6338F8hxsIZWY8V48s6GfqI=w32-fSoften=1,100,0-rp-e365
| @aneilya/Instagram

"Those who are easily shocked should be shocked more often."
- Mae West

Netizens Are Shocked To Find Photos Of Soccer Star Son Heung Min At A Club​

In the picture, the Tottenham Hotspur star can be seen enjoying his time at a club surrounded by fans.

ANyL7ZKILv7tac47ypi_OuigSPyl_8z44ZXGDsR-kUmWm79hGC-H03Y809EVGQEJUF7PWdJq6l8vAUrP0txGmJftkscLnboK4X3M10ZMeOM-bQ=w32-fSoften=1,100,0-rp-e365
Son Heung Min (left) with fans | @aneilya/Instagram

tjmMQ3igf5WkI1qvTDHVjTIDhUNmWLSiGal8el_IdyH_YBz1Cjkb1CSv8lKbGTtxa4ynD3WgB-1OzB5R6Cc34Mae6338F8hxsIZWY8V48s6GfqI=w32-fSoften=1,100,0-rp-e365
| @aneilya/Instagram

Seems like our Sonny boy does have a girl after all.
Glad his father is not barring him from having some fun lol.

Back
Top Bottom