Heung-Min Son (손흥민)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

To clarify about his military service situation, he does need to go before 28 if he doesnt get exemption.
Korea made a new rule last year that lets men who didnt graduate secondary schools delay till age of 35, but that rule applies only to those who were born in/after 1996..

As much as I'd love for Son to retire a WHL legend, he's only 23 now and will be a Real Madrid player before he has to enlist :baletroll:

As much as I'd love for Son to retire a WHL legend, he's only 23 now and will be a Real Madrid player before he has to enlist :baletroll:

I got this feeling that at some point Real will panic buy him without closely looking at the military condition... we may rip off them twice the money we paid for the son :avbpray:

Seriously, I think there should be some reason that Levy decided to pay that much when Son's military service is not clarified yet. One possibility is that he might have attained indefinite settlement permit(just an assumption thou) in Germany, as in Germany it is not as difficult to recieve the permit as in Britain, for high-qualified foreigners. He spent some years there so if he had it, he can postpone it until 35 years old.

I'm not really pro-Levy always but in this case I believe he had certain reason to sign Son. I mean, not the quality of his play, but the financial condition that his future might cause.

Last edited:
The military service thing is tricky. In three years, who will buy a player that is going to be off in two years? For the buying club, he would be unsellable. So even with five years left it is a challenge. It's like buying a house with a short lease, it's only going to get shorter.

I'm sure levy has calculated the risk against the marketing power of Son, which appears to be potentially huge. But it will be interesting to see how he exits the club.

The military service thing is tricky. In three years, who will buy a player that is going to be off in two years? For the buying club, he would be unsellable. So even with five years left it is a challenge. It's like buying a house with a short lease, it's only going to get shorter.

I'm sure levy has calculated the risk against the marketing power of Son, which appears to be potentially huge. But it will be interesting to see how he exits the club.

I'd wager that he never does his military service

I think Son is a Levy dream transfer. Pays itself and raises the awareness of the brand in a market that is rapidly growing. Even if he went straight to the military without getting us a transfer fee in a few years, I think we'd made money on the deal.

Economically, do not worry about Son.

When $on was introduced to the WHL crowd the Sky anchor said that he was our first South Korean player.

:pritchardeyes:

Well, he obviously is 'cos Sky Sports said so!! Everything they say is true... Y.P Lee was a mere figment of all our collective imaginations, he never happened, he didn't exist... SON is the FIRST S.Korean player ever to play football ever... and you can bet your arse the Sky (w)anchor had never heard of him before last Thursday either!

Spurs interviews always make me cringe
It's usually that guy who sounds out of breath with every sentence
Every new signing he asks the same fucking question 5 times

"tell us how much it means to you to play at a club like spurs..."
"it must be a dream come true for you to play at a club like spurs"
"how does it feel knowing you're going to put on the spurs shirt?"
"you must be looking forward to playing for spurs..."

Does same thing post match, he must literally know someone high up. There's another guy who does much better interviews for Spurs TV. Usually does youth players/staff though.

It's usually that guy who sounds out of breath with every sentence
Every new signing he asks the same fucking question 5 times

"tell us how much it means to you to play at a club like spurs..."
"it must be a dream come true for you to play at a club like spurs"
"how does it feel knowing you're going to put on the spurs shirt?"
"you must be looking forward to playing for spurs..."

Does same thing post match, he must literally know someone high up. There's another guy who does much better interviews for Spurs TV. Usually does youth players/staff though.

We get the similar. Korean media asks every football player come to Korea: Do you know Jisung Park? Do you like Kimchi? It kiils me. I think they even asked C Ronaldo the same ffs they played together for 3 years.

We get the similar. Korean media asks every football player come to Korea: Do you know Jisung Park? Do you like Kimchi? It kiils me. I think they even asked C Ronaldo the same ffs they played together for 3 years.

Ooooh I was about to post the same thing!! :adelol:

Do you know Gangnam Style? and Do you know Yuna Kim? should be added to the list.
Lazy b@stards indeed. No single effort to bring out something new from the interviewee.

Back
Top Bottom