'Highest ever profit by English Club' - Guardian on us

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Greaves357_bestever Greaves357_bestever Can you speak the Kings English please and not Eatonian.:myword:
isnt it Queens english pleb pleb
5350_688_800.jpg

Then he should reward himself handsomely with the mother of all bonuses and a salary to match the increase in revenue that his work has resulted in, which would mean completing the stadium and winning big commercial deals on par with other "big" clubs with big stadia. I would have no problem with this.

I don't disagree with you - but if the alternative is that he is paid less but keeps more time to make money doing other things and the club has to hire a new director to do what he would otherwise do - then I don't really see the difference.

I don't disagree with you - but if the alternative is that he is paid less but keeps more time to make money doing other things and the club has to hire a new director to do what he would otherwise do - then I don't really see the difference.

What do enic do other than Spurs theses days?
I thought all their other business went bust or sold on leaving the companies in a mess. Honest question .

I meant where other than football.

Whether you think players are overpaid or not doesn't change the fact that is is the market in which they operate.

In a world where players are paid ยฃ100k per week I can't get too upset about the guy running everything earning ยฃ40k.
But Levy is the highest earning executive in the market within which our club operates (the Premier League) according to the article that started this thread. Unless he's led us to a bunch of titles I don't remember, he's overpaid even in the absurd world of professional football.

Actually we're majority owned by the English national investment company, also known as ENIC. Currently they have an 85% share of tottenham hotspur.
Enic is joint owned by Daniel Levy, and the Tavistock group.
Oh fucking hell. To all intents and purposes, Joe Lewis owns Tottenham Hotspur and hold the purse strings.
How much more is he paid? Go have a look at what Liverpool, Woolwich, Man Utd etc pay to their directors. It's really not much different. Being more doesn't mean chasms of difference.
But Liverpool, Man Utd and Woolwich generally tend to achieve better results on the pitch, dont they.

Actually we're majority owned by the English national investment company, also known as ENIC. Currently they have an 85% share of tottenham hotspur.
Enic is joint owned by Daniel Levy, and the Tavistock group.
The innocence and naivity of youth .
Your steadfast unyielding support of the multi billionaire Mr Lewis , young Anthony
Is in a bizarre way rather charming .

Last edited:
Well, I'm glad you finally got round to justifying your assertion :thumbup:

But Spurs presumably use actual accountants too, and they presumably aren't drinking at the time they prepare the accounts and use the concept of amortisation. Add in Shawry's views, amongst others, who are knowledgeable on the subject, and I'm quite happy to stick to my view that amortisation is a perfectly acceptable/respectable accounting term.

Mate if you re-read my post I agreed with you on the respectability of the term. At no point did I disagree with you.

But in the mean time he's the chairman and then when the club is sold he gets his share of the money. Is it me, or is that really no different?

Not really - if the club isn't sold before he leaves he's never paid out, and at the same time won't be paid dividends.

Read into it want you will - but unless Levy can create a club worth selling for a big profit for Lewis then he won't get his real pay day.

Not really - if the club isn't sold before he leaves he's never paid out, and at the same time won't be paid dividends.

Read into it want you will - but unless Levy can create a club worth selling for a big profit for Lewis then he won't get his real pay day.
I understand what you are getting at. But how fucked up is the world of football when getting 2.17 million (or whatever it was) last year isn't considered a real payday?

The innocence and naivity of youth .
Your steadfast unyielding support of the multi billionaire Mr Lewis , young Anthony
Is in a bizarre way rather charming .
You're weird.
I support a team, not a boardroom. Couldn't really give a fuck about who owns the club or for the most part how its run. Apart from the bits that directly affect me, like ticket prices and wether i'll be able to get a season ticket in the new ground. Caring about backroom shit is for boring people with agendas like you. Life is short mate. Stop spending it worrying about Joe Lewis.

Levy actually owns nothing of ENIC - his shares only become live if the club is sold.
Do you have a link to something which publically discloses that? The only info I can find is the declaration that he and his family are "potential beneficiaries of a discretionary trust which ultimately owns 29.4% of the share capital of ENIC International Limited", which is as clear as mud regarding what the discretion involved actually is.

That restriction makes a great deal of sense, and explains both his pay as a director, and his approach to the club.

Back
Top Bottom